Hulk Hogan's apology - do you buy it?

I can't recall where all I've read about it, random books and forums over the years. Been watching a lot of shoot interviews lately from guys around then and they've said a good bit about his actions and behavior. Then you have recorded shit like the OP tape and the conversation with his son about getting a TV show out of the accident that left his friend a vegetable. My dad has even told me about shit Terry Funk said involving Hulk having his mom call Terry demanding money from a show in Japan, pretty funny stuff actually.

I've heard a lot of hardcore wrestling fans shit on Hogan, but never many specifics. I defer to them because I know things get lost in the shuffle, but I also feel that a segment of them (not all) are just petty Ultimate Warrior fans. I know Hogan has done some things I really didn't like (the whole incident with his kid and the boy who ended up crippled, he said something that really irked me), but I can't remember specifically anything other than that.

He's banging a woman that looks very similar to his daughter...
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%2011.21.02%20PM.png

Oh, because all blondes look alike? Racist.

Is this when Bret went over to WCW or was this during Hogans closing days with the WWF???
Back at the WWF. Hart wrestled Yokozuna at Wrestlemania, lost the match after Mr. Fuji blinded him, and Hogan came to take up for him randomly and immediately beat Yokozuna to win the title for some reason. He refused to drop the belt to Bret saying he wouldn't lose to a little guy, and dropped the belt to Yokozuna.

Is this when Bret went over to WCW or was this during Hogans closing days with the WWF???

Hogans closing days in WWF. He was supposed to drop the belt to Bret at Summerslam in 93 and basically said "fuck you you're not on my level and you're not beating me"so he dropped it back to Yoko to drop it back to Bret.

He legit has a black friend so idk why everyone's making a big deal out of this

SJWs. A bunch of bitches and they are everywhere...even here. Just as annoying as feminists and every other fucking douche.

I've heard a lot of hardcore wrestling fans shit on Hogan, but never many specifics. I defer to them because I know things get lost in the shuffle, but I also feel that a segment of them (not all) are just petty Ultimate Warrior fans. I know Hogan has done some things I really didn't like (the whole incident with his kid and the boy who ended up crippled, he said something that really irked me), but I can't remember specifically anything other than that.

I think he was largely at fault for WCW's problems, kept the new talent down to keep his old ass in the spotlight. Always refused to put anyone else over himself, which is a bullshit thing to do in the business, he was big because people put him over and refusing to do the same for others is bad for the sport and the guys in it.

A truly sincere apology is not pleading to the masses rather defined by ones actions moving forward responsibly. :icon_chee

Bingo. They're human and make mistakes as well.

I'd be amazed if each and every one of the media pundits, and WWE executives that fired him and removed him from the HOF, hadn't said the word once in their lives with malice and in private.

One thing I'd like to add, is I'm not a Jon Jones fan. Whatsoever. But do I take personal pleasure in the news of his personal troubles and problems with the law? Absolutely not. I may joke about it and laugh at the hilarious shoops. But do I want him to become a better man and get over his addictions and personal demons to make a return to the octagon? You're damn right I do.

Here is the thing.

I am black. I am not a nice person. You could easily argue I am not a good person. I am blunt and offend people face to face and behind their back. I say really hateful things but I don't use racial slurs. It is impossible for me to accidentally use a deragotory word for someone who is white, black, jewish, latino, etc. Those words aren't loaded in my brain. They're never on the tip of my tongue. They don't slip out.

On the worst day of my life I would use a lot words to describe my enemies, but racial slurs don't pop out, because that's not in my mind. If I was having pillow talk with a woman I trusted, I might (probably) say something gross, but I won't say anything racist.

So when you hear a rant like Hulk Hogan, I know that's how he thinks. It's been on the tip of his tongue all the time. that is who he is. Yeah, he was having a hard time, but his hard time had nothing to do with the dude her daughter was dating. In fact, I think it's okay to have feelings about your daughter dating outside of her race, but his statement basically says "I don't want to be associated with someone of that complexion, but I'll tolerate them if they're tall and rich. Run boy run."

That's who Hulk Hogan is. I'm dissapointed and somewhat depressed. Nobody should go to jail for what they think, but I'm happy as fuck that a man who made a fortune for representing a certain image has lost everything. People don't deserve to keep a legacy off false pretenses. I hope everyone remembers the truth about him. I don't want to invest emotion in someone who is (at his core) my enemy.

the biggest tragedy is that 1/3 of all Wrestlemania's will basically be erased because of this asshole, but whatever.

What bothers me most is so many people who say "we all have days when we say racial slurs."

Seriously fellas? How does that even happen????

What bothers me most is so many people who say "we all have days when we say racial slurs."

Well, at least in my case, it's always mid-coitus.

I think he was largely at fault for WCW's problems, kept the new talent down to keep his old ass in the spotlight. Always refused to put anyone else over himself, which is a bullshit thing to do in the business, he was big because people put him over and refusing to do the same for others is bad for the sport and the guys in it.

WCW had a lot of guys (Hogan, Nash, maybe Hall and some others) who both brought that organization to the top and subsequently plunged them into the abyss. IIRC, those guys had creative controls of their characters' storylines, which made them not want to lose and created a giant clusterfuck at WCW, which was a shame because when I started watching wrestling again, it was because of the WCW.

Here is the thing.

I am black. I am not a nice person. You could easily argue I am not a good person. I am blunt and offend people face to face and behind their back. I say really hateful things but I don't use racial slurs. It is impossible for me to accidentally use a deragotory word for someone who is white, black, jewish, latino, etc. Those words aren't loaded in my brain. They're never on the tip of my tongue. They don't slip out.

On the worst day of my life I would use a lot words to describe my enemies, but racial slurs don't pop out, because that's not in my mind. If I was having pillow talk with a woman I trusted, I might (probably) say something gross, but I won't say anything racist.

So when you hear a rant like Hulk Hogan, I know that's how he thinks. It's been on the tip of his tongue all the time. that is who he is. Yeah, he was having a hard time, but his hard time had nothing to do with the dude her daughter was dating. In fact, I think it's okay to have feelings about your daughter dating outside of her race, but his statement basically says "I don't want to be associated with someone of that complexion, but I'll tolerate them if they're tall and rich. Run boy run."

That's who Hulk Hogan is. I'm dissapointed and somewhat depressed. Nobody should go to jail for what they think, but I'm happy as fuck that a man who made a fortune for representing a certain image has lost everything. People don't deserve to keep a legacy off false pretenses. I hope everyone remembers the truth about him. I don't want to invest emotion in someone who is (at his core) my enemy.

the biggest tragedy is that 1/3 of all Wrestlemania's will basically be erased because of this asshole, but whatever.

Sorry to break this to you but most people use racial slurs.

Here is the thing.

So some words are okay, but others aren't?

I think wanting to see someone, ANYONE, lose their livelihood, their ability to earn money in this world, over the use of a word, is pretty pathetic. Not an action, but a word. You say you've never used a racial slur (which I have serious doubts about anyway) but you admit you are a terrible person, so why should anyone value your opinion in the first place? You said you are a black person, so why do you allow the use of that word to offend you so badly that you would want to see a person ruined? I won't pretend I've never said a racial slur, I've said EVERY racial slur in the book at one point in time, but never have I said it to someone's face because in reality, I have no hatred for a person simply because they are black, Jewish, Latino, Asian, etc... Its not okay to use those words in mixed company, but its also totally uncool to be filmed without your permission and having your most intimate moments being broadcast to the world.

When you examine Hulk Hogan's life in the context of his celebrity, a lot of negatives could come to mind, but racism is not one of them. We know he has worked with people of all races and backgrounds throughout his life with no issue, so why would you believe he has ill intent for a specific set of people because he said a word? And to take it further, why should his life be ruined because of a word? Saying Jesus Christ or goddamnit is highly offensive to some people, should someone lose their livelihood forever because they were being unlawfully filmed screaming goddamnit?

Here is the thing.

Mulatto is now a racial slur.

I found that shit out the hard way.

WCW had a lot of guys (Hogan, Nash, maybe Hall and some others) who both brought that organization to the top and subsequently plunged them into the abyss. IIRC, those guys had creative controls of their characters' storylines, which made them not want to lose and created a giant clusterfuck at WCW, which was a shame because when I started watching wrestling again, it was because of the WCW.

Yeah, I see him as the head of that and it was a problem that was bigger than just WCW, he certainly wasn't the sole guy. WCW was one my very first memories in life, Hulk creating the NWO specifically. I started wrestling when I was 6 just to be a pro wrestler just like Goldberg when I was old enough, which eventually led to me finding MMA through a coach that competed in NHB. It's kind of funny looking back at what I idolized as a kid that made me in to the person I became, and the reality of what actually went on behind the scenes.

Mulatto is now a racial slur.

I found that shit out the hard way.

But did you use that word to put someone into a different social caste? If you did, that's a problem. If you didn't but other people do, then...I guess you could opt not to use that word out of respect.

Back