Hulk Hogan's apology - do you buy it?

1. I wouldn't mind holding every one to a very high ethical standard if it weren't so selectively applied.

2. What Hogan said was boorish. Did anyone think he was refined?

He's a fucking bumpkin.

That shit he said isnt okay but it isn't the end of the world.

As corny as it sounds, he motivated a lot of people in his day to try to be something.

Alls I know is I'm still a Hulkamaniac.

I'm not a Hulk fan, never really was.

But when this whole thing erupted a few months ago, it seemed like the outrage was overblown in the media. Yes he said it, yes it's inexcusable, but what it left out was any context of his fame of mind at the time.

His family was falling apart, his son was being charged with manslaughter, his daughter's singing career that he invested millions into was in the crapper, and he was in the middle of a savage divorce.

Now... is he worthy of criticism? You're damn right.

How about a punishment? Definatley.

But is it beyond forgiveness, and the name 'Hulk Hogan' should be synonymous with 'racist' forever?

No.

As far as the apology goes, it seems clich

We all say inappropriate things in private at times. He is from the generation where the word was said a lot more than these days.
Didn't watch the clip, however it must be to save face.

He always seemed like a creepy weird dude to me. So nothing he says would surprise me.

Considering everything that was released happened in private and he didn't know he was being taped, I'm not worked up about what he said anyway. Every. Single. Person. would look like dogshit if all of our secret thoughts were recorded.

This whole thing was brought about by Gawker, and I hope Hogan wins every penny of his lawsuit.

We all say inappropriate things in private at times. He is from the generation where the word was said a lot more than these days.

The word is said almost constantly these days. In key parts of of popular culture like music and sports it's not a big deal for people to drop it all the fucking time. One of the top movies right now is about a band called *****zWith Attitude, who were extremely influential. Yet we are reduced to talking about it as the "n" word. It's childish and bizarre.

If you can only tell whether a word is racist if you first know the skin color of the person who said it, then you are the person judging by skin color. You're playing the part of racist in that moment.

I think he's an egomaniacal douchebag who has buried many careers for petty reasons, I thought it was hilarious he lost everything and was blacklisted, he's genuinely a horrible person. But, it doesn't sound like he ever really acted like a racist, and no one can recall him even saying anything racist before that, and this wasn't even a public conversation at all. So, if it were anyone else, I would probably say they didn't deserve the backlash, but this was karma coming back to bite that asshole.

Bingo. They're human and make mistakes as well.

I'd be amazed if each and every one of the media pundits, and WWE executives that fired him and removed him from the HOF, hadn't said the word once in their lives with malice and in private.

One thing I'd like to add, is I'm not a Jon Jones fan. Whatsoever. But do I take personal pleasure in the news of his personal troubles and problems with the law? Absolutely not. I may joke about it and laugh at the hilarious shoops. But do I want him to become a better man and get over his addictions and personal demons to make a return to the octagon? You're damn right I do.

Same here. I liked Bones for awhile, then he started annoying me and I rooted against him. I still root against him in the cage. Yet at the same time, I hope he turns his life around. I'm still going to laugh at the hilarious shoops, but I genuinely hope he can get his life on track.

Wrestling has always been racist as hell, and Vince McMahon is pretty obviously a racist scumbag looking at the way he's treated his black talent in the past. For that sport, and Vince McMahon of all people, to get up on a moral high horse and scold Hogan, it's pretty ridiculous objectively speaking.

I think he's an egomaniacal douchebag who has buried many careers for petty reasons, I thought it was hilarious he lost everything and was blacklisted, he's genuinely a horrible person. But, it doesn't sound like he ever really acted like a racist, and no one can recall him even saying anything racist before that, and this wasn't even a public conversation at all. So, if it were anyone else, I would probably say they didn't deserve the backlash, but this was karma coming back to bite that asshole.

Is there anywhere I can read a synopsis on Hogan's bullshit? I see it all the time and back 15+ years ago when I cared about wrestling, I even knew some of it, but I can't remember what was real or rumored. A lot of wrestling fans don't care much for him and the things he's done outside the ring. I'd like to read something brief, nothing too lengthy, if you know where I can find it.

He's banging a woman that looks very similar to his daughter...
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%2011.21.02%20PM.png

I love Hulk Hogan but I wouldn't look to him to do anything but be somewhat unrefined and "Hulk"-ish...

I definitely wouldn't want my worst day exposed to the whole world.

Wrestling has always been racist as hell, and Vince McMahon is pretty obviously a racist scumbag looking at the way he's treated his black talent in the past. For that sport, and Vince McMahon of all people, to get up on a moral high horse and scold Hogan, it's pretty ridiculous objectively speaking.

The WWF/WWE racist? Why I never...

I never forgave Hogan for refusing to put Bret Hart over. This is a non issue to me.

Is there anywhere I can read a synopsis on Hogan's bullshit? I see it all the time and back 15+ years ago when I cared about wrestling, I even knew some of it, but I can't remember what was real or rumored. A lot of wrestling fans don't care much for him and the things he's done outside the ring. I'd like to read something brief, nothing too lengthy, if you know where I can find it.

I can't recall where all I've read about it, random books and forums over the years. Been watching a lot of shoot interviews lately from guys around then and they've said a good bit about his actions and behavior. Then you have recorded shit like the OP tape and the conversation with his son about getting a TV show out of the accident that left his friend a vegetable. My dad has even told me about shit Terry Funk said involving Hulk having his mom call Terry demanding money from a show in Japan, pretty funny stuff actually.

I never forgave Hogan for refusing to put Bret Hart over. This is a non issue to me.

That whole thing was a clusterfuck of ego. It made 0 sense. Shows how far the guy would go for a prop belt.

I buy it.

Don't pretend you've never used racial slurs before in your life oh holy men of the dog.

Back