Hughes Trigg II

Kingfarthur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The best fight of all time, for all you stupid newbs that think Jones v Gus was the best or Brown vs Silva. This shit was straight out of a movie, watch it if at all possible.

edit: Gonna go watch this right now, and maybe shed a tear.

Of all time ? Hardly.

But Hughes going straight beast mode after getting no help from the ref on a nut shot was boss as fuck.

Its a damn shame people have forgotten so quickly how awesome Hughes was.

Hughes carrying Trigg all the way across the cage for the slam is classic.

Probably at least one of my top 10 or 15 favorite fights ever.

Best ever? Idk

Just noticed Vanilla Ice cheering in the crowd right after the slam

Definitely one of my favorite fights. Hughes was a fucking beast.

Shogun v Hendo
Hughes v Trigg II
Edgar v Maynard III
Forrest v Bonnar I
Sanchez v Guida
Quarry v Credur
Chuck v Wand

Just a few of my favorites.

good call, TS. it's the best fight of all-time. so much excitement; so much drama. hughes was kneed in the balls, knocked down with 3 punches (they don't show these punches during the actual fight; they take place off-screen. but you can catch them on the replay. it was A KNOCKDOWN!!), mounted, elbowed and punched badly, and choked purple, turns in, picks trigg up and then run/slams him, mount, elbows, back, choke.

hughes is not my favorite fighter. I think a lot of fans hate him, actually. most of the hate is just, too. but that was the toughest performance I've ever seen from a fighter. his finest moment.... to finish trigg in the very same round is amazing. trigg is no joke, especially from the top

This is the fight that made me a fan of MMA.

Not the fight that made me a fan of MMA, but definitely the fight that had me the most excited and jumping around like an idiot when I was watching it.

Vintage Hughes is what inspired me to start training martial arts and made me a huge MMA fan. I think I was 15 when I saw Hughes-Trigg 2 and I was hooked from there on out. It really is disappointing how quickly he has been forgotten

Back