Huge rumor brewing: another phenom to MMA?

lolbrary.com_45760_1386360197.gif

Why is anybody discussing this like it is a possibility?
The guy has severe head injuries

If UFC signs him, it will become a legitimate sports organization.

Depending on his reasons for retirement, I doubt he'd go to MMA. Bryan is my favorite modern wrestler at this point but the only way I could see him going to MMA is if his retirement was forced by WWE due to them not allowing him to wrestle. If there's an actual health issue that WWE's doctors saw that led them to not clear him and thus the retirement was of his own choice? I don't see him jumping into something like MMA where he's more likely to receive a concussion (that's been his problem as of late, he has a history of concussions).

The fact that he's popular in today's wrestling goes to show how bad it really is.
He couldn't carry the jockstrap of Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Hall, Nash, Shawn Michaels, etc...

Pro wrestling is brutal. Especially the Anerican side of it. Everyday moving from city to city. Not to mention the steroids, concussions, broken backs, knee injuries. Not many healthy guys after 40's. And many legends have died before reaching their 60's.

The fact that he's popular in today's wrestling goes to show how bad it really is.
He couldn't carry the jockstrap of Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Hall, Nash, Shawn Michaels, etc...

That is stupid.
He is technically one of the best ever (along with Hart & Michaels) & only a few in history could get the reaction

That is stupid.
He is technically one of the best ever (along with Hart & Michaels) & only a few in history could get the reaction

That being said, being a great technical wrestler isn't enough by itself. Dean Malenko was among the best ever in that regard, but he was never that popular, because he didn't have a personality. The fact that DB was as popular as he was is more a testament to how bad wrestling is in general.

That is stupid.

Wrestling fans are strange. Mostly the 'too cool' ones.

The more hardcore the fan, the more they hate the stars it seems.

It's also just dick swinging.

That being said, being a great technical wrestler isn't enough by itself. Dean Malenko was among the best ever in that regard, but he was never that popular, because he didn't have a personality. The fact that DB was as popular as he was is more a testament to how poor the overall cast is.

That makes zero sense.
70,000 people going crazy = severe popularity.

That makes zero sense.
70,000 people going crazy = severe popularity.
I acknowledged his popularity.
I'm just saying he wouldn't have been popular in previous eras, because he would've been overshadowed by far superior talent.

Wrestling fans are strange. Mostly the 'too cool' ones.

The more hardcore the fan, the more they hate the stars it seems.

It's also just dick swinging.

I get that, but this guy seemed more stuck in the 90's then a hardcore fan.
Daniel Bryan was about as over as anybody could be that was not at a Hogan, Rock, Austin level.
He got one of the biggest ovations ever at Mania XXX

I get that, but this guy seemed more stuck in the 90's then a hardcore fan.
Daniel Bryan was about as over as anybody could be that was not at a Hogan, Rock, Austin level.
He got one of the biggest ovations ever at Mania XXX

I agree. Nobody disrespects those guys when all you needed to do was say the arena name and repeat a catch phrase to get a massive pop.

I agree. Nobody disrespects those guys when all you needed to do was say the arena name and repeat a catch phrase to get a massive pop.

Yep, it is harder to be that over in 2014 then it was in 1999.
It is exactly the opposite of what he was trying to point out.

Hell, New Age Outlaws were over huge in 98

I'm getting tired of these WWE fans. It's getting old.

We're going to have to deal with them for a long time after Punk miraculously wins at UFC 200... It's going to be unbelievable..

Wouldn't shock me.

UFC seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator nowadays
Well, yeah, UFC IS the lowest common denominator, so you'd hope they're appealing to their own fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back