HUGE Fire out of control in South Australia - homes being evactuated

YPMG

Patriot Nation
@purple
Reaction score
Fire has been burning since this morning - has traveled so far that suburbs 2mins up the road from my house are being evacuated, including my cousin and grandpa. Smoke is getting thicker and the hills are literally glowing.

Perhaps the scariest shit of my life!

Anyone else ever been near a fire like this before? Any recommendations on what to pack besides birth certificates, passports, sentimental goods etc.

I can understand the irony of me posting this with a large scale natural disaster going on but I'm listening to the radio and checking the social media posts with regards to an evacuation. I honestly think that we'll be told to leave within the hour!

Sensitive documents (bank statements) and pets are the only other things I could think of.

Good luck and stay safe.

Fire has been burning since this morning - has traveled so far that suburbs 2mins up the road from my house are being evacuated, including my cousin and grandpa. Smoke is getting thicker and the hills are literally glowing.

Anyone else ever been near a fire like this before? Any recommendations on what to pack besides birth certificates, passports, sentimental goods etc.

I can understand the irony of me posting this with a large scale natural disaster going on but I'm listening to the radio and checking the social media posts with regards to an evacuation. I honestly think that we'll be told to leave within the hour!

I was a firefighter on the ground for 3 days during Black Saturday. No stranger to bushfires and I've seen the worst of them.

Hopefully everyone evacuates safely and damage isn't too bad.

Sensitive documents (bank statements) and pets are the only other things I could think of.

My thoughts also.

We've packed pretty much everything sensitive and have the dogs ready to go. I'll likely take my tower at the last moment due to the documents I have stored on here but don't think anything else is warranted.

fire.jpg

This from my friends backyard.

^ Oh damn. Good luck man, that's wild shit.

If you lived in a trailer you could just pull on outta there but NOOOOOO you had to be fancy.

You could chuck quite a few shrimp on that barby.

Sorry, stay safe and I hope nobody is hurt.

any expensive items? that are impossible to replace..
jewels ,artwork..

This is why you keep important documents in a fire proof safe. I back up my computers weekly on an external hard drive that I keep in a fire proof box inside a fire proof safe. I also have an external hard drive in a bank safe deposit box and I switch the one at home with it every few months to keep it updated.

Damn, scary stuff. We get those once in a while in SoCal during the dry season. Stay safe. And film video. In Landscape mode. Always found pics and videos of fires to be eerily beautiful.

They're still predicting 39, but with a 30% chance of rain for late morning/early arvo.
I live closer to town, but I'll be riding in the hills tomorrow.

Stay safe.

Seems like California has been getting 2-3 of these every summer throughout the past decade's ongoing drought.

Back