Economy GameStop short squeeze: Stock dividend on the table for summer!

mmaElite53

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So if you’re not familiar: Many Wall Street hedge funds and others are trying to destroy GameStop’s share price because they’ve taken a massive short position and stand to profit billions if GME goes out of business.

Working class investors have responded by buying up GME shares at every chance and now the short sellers are stuck in a very shitty situation brought on by their own greed and arrogance.
Yesterday, GME announced a possible stock split and stock dividend for this summer which is a HUGE catalyst that can cause the stock to skyrocket in the coming months and beyond.
There is a freakish amount of crime and corruption in this country’s financial institutions which GameStop has already exposed, and this move is a middle finger to these crooks. Anyone else been keeping track of the situation?? P.S.: Ken Griffin and Citadel are under DOJ investigation!

Last edited:
Listen… There is this high tech, state of the art firm out of Texas that delivers best in class innovative 23rd century gaming cartridges. For a $7.14 investment you can be a fucking boss

Ummm, what?
Care to explain that incredibly incorrect take?

it's not late 2020/january 2021.

you're woefully ignorant on this subject. funds have been shorting basically the whole market (especially nasdaq and small caps) - but shitstocks like gme/amc have been less targeted by short funds than the rest of the market.

Can someone explain what problem GameStop resolves?

Its 2022, I can download an entire game in an hour.

I read the amc stock subreddit a while back when a friend of mine hipped me to the “moass.”

I’m not well versed in the stock market but the whole thing just sounds a bit delusional. Like there are people holding that stock claiming it’s gonna hit 500k per share when the hedge funds have to cover. I could feel fomo setting in and was almost going to buy some but it was already at an ATH so I didn’t bother.

it's not late 2020/january 2021.

you're woefully ignorant on this subject. funds have been shorting basically the whole market (especially nasdaq and small caps) - but shitstocks like gme/amc have been less targeted by short funds than the rest of the market.

So you’re claiming they closed all or the majority of their short positions, and amc/Gme are less targeted than the average ticker? Look what happened to Archegos, they went belly up and other hedge funds like Citadel have no intention of ever closing their positions because they would suffer the same fate. The dark pool data tells the whole story: Retail is buying up shares in huge volume and market makers send the majority of it to unlit exchanges because it would destroy them if they let the true buying pressure through, like it SHOULD work in a truly free market.

I’m assuming you’re short both those stocks to say something so blatantly wrong, but have you noticed the perpetual downtrend since June last year on both stocks, even though it was an incredible bull market and retail sentiment was extremely positive...

- Hedge fund representatives are going on CNBC and begging people to sell GameStop, literally saying things like “Sell now and ask questions later.”
-Both stocks get short attacked to oblivion before and after very positive earnings to discourage fomo.
- Motley fool, CNBC, Bloomberg, etc are constantly releasing articles titled “Forget GameStop!” “Forget AMC!”. Look who owns those sites...

NONE of the evidence suggests that they’ve closed or decreased their short positions. Remember, official short interest numbers are self reported, so it’s obvious they would hide their true numbers.

I read the amc stock subreddit a while back when a friend of mine hipped me to the “moass.”

I’m not well versed in the stock market but the whole thing just sounds a bit delusional. Like there are people holding that stock claiming it’s gonna hit 500k per share when the hedge funds have to cover. I could feel fomo setting in and was almost going to buy some but it was already at an ATH so I didn’t bother.

I don’t think it’ll hit 500k or anything like that, but with the amount of shorting done to it on the daily, combined with the freakish amount of buying done by retail..both AMC and Gme are powder kegs.

The gall of these scum bags to be so blatant as to call themselves hedge funds. Also crazy as fuk that somehow a videogame store is at the center of this shit.

It’s almost surreal.

These crooks in suits were so used to getting their way that they never imagined in a million years they’d be dealing with an extremely motivated and educated opponent who is sick of their BS.

It’s almost surreal.

These crooks in suits were so used to getting their way that they never imagined in a million years they’d be dealing with an extremely motivated and educated opponent who is sick of their BS.
exactly. I know not everyone involved is a customer of Gamestop but maybe the moral of the story is don't try to fuk over video game nerds in this cyber age. There's a plethora of smart mf's that don't go out of their way to take advantage of other people until they feel wronged.

So you’re claiming they closed all or the majority of their short positions, and amc/Gme are less targeted than the average ticker? Look what happened to Archegos, they went belly up and other hedge funds like Citadel have no intention of ever closing their positions because they would suffer the same fate. The dark pool data tells the whole story: Retail is buying up shares in huge volume and market makers send the majority of it to unlit exchanges because it would destroy them if they let the true buying pressure through, like it SHOULD work in a truly free market.

I’m assuming you’re short both those stocks to say something so blatantly wrong, but have you noticed the perpetual downtrend since June last year on both stocks, even though it was an incredible bull market and retail sentiment was extremely positive...

- Hedge fund representatives are going on CNBC and begging people to sell GameStop, literally saying things like “Sell now and ask questions later.”
-Both stocks get short attacked to oblivion before and after very positive earnings to discourage fomo.
- Motley fool, CNBC, Bloomberg, etc are constantly releasing articles titled “Forget GameStop!” “Forget AMC!”. Look who owns those sites...

NONE of the evidence suggests that they’ve closed or decreased their short positions. Remember, official short interest numbers are self reported, so it’s obvious they would hide their true numbers.

<JagsKiddingMe>

It’s almost surreal.

{<jordan}

and lolz @ 'manipulation is bad! hey, let's manipulate a ticker!'

Back