Opinion Huge Correspondence Between Trump Support and Life Expectancy

I am being serious actually. I'm sure there was mud flung from both sides. But civility is nice. I do get a kick out of some of your posts. I'm not that bad, once people figure out how to take me. Lol.
giphy.gif

As a child I thought this routine was cool.

But as an adult, I cringe at him not only wasting that beer, but getting the little he does drink all foamy and flat.

But as an adult, I cringe at him not only wasting that beer, but getting the little he does drink all foamy and flat.
Lol yeah, he got like 2 sips out of 2 freaking beers. Such a waste. But, I also thought it was the shit back then for some reason.

At least it's shitty beer.

The Trump supporter response on this thread is classic. Someone brings up data that shows a statistical correlation between life expectancy and states that Trump won and the start talking “TDS”. Ridiculous and sad....

Knee jerk reactions of baby men. Sorry boys, it’s the facts.

And if these same states voted for George Bush and Obama overwhelmingly?

And if these same states voted for George Bush and Obama overwhelmingly?

Then the data would show that there's a statistical correlation between life expectancy and states that voted for those candidates..... Your point?

It is really interesting and worrisome that we continue to see life expectancy drop in this country. Really wish we could take this discussion away from Trump so we could possibly do something about it instead of cheer leading whatever side of the political aisle we are on.

It's kinda gross to be mocking the less fortunate members of your society.
"Hah! Hah! You're going to die young!": the rallying cry of the idiots who still haven't figured out why they're being found more and more distasteful.

Sure, the right has the whole 'bootstraps' narrative, when it comes to the unfortunate. But only the left appears to have a significant contingent that takes active glee in the misfortune of the suffering innocent.

Declining life expectancy is a problem. Trump or no Trump.

Okay if life expectancy lowers the more you like Trump, how come Trump is like 73?

If you look closely at the map, you will notice that 75 is the lowest number.

Sure, the right has the whole 'bootstraps' narrative, when it comes to the unfortunate. But only the left appears to have a significant contingent that takes active glee in the misfortune of the suffering innocent.

Declining life expectancy is a problem. Trump or no Trump.
And a correlation is a correlation.

The right points out all kinds of correlations all the damn time. Minority crime correlations? Hell, what's racist about that?! IQ correlations? "My Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings!!!"

But gods forbid someone should point out a correlation between regional voting habits and unhealthy lifestyles!!!

Then it's all, "Leave Brittney Alone!"

Luckyshot continues on his TDS induced thread making. Winning a state does not mean 100% of the people in them voted for you.

iu

Lots of conclusions one can make.

Well, it's another year, and once again, the US "wins" the dubious distinction of being the only country in the industrialized world where life expectancy continues to decrease.

But hey, that's old news.

I just want to point out a rather interesting state-level trend: seven out of the eight states with the highest level of Trump support-- LA, WV, MS, WY, TN, AK, KY, and OK-- constitute the seven states with the lowest life expectancy.

States with the highest levels of Trump disapproval-- WA, CT, MA, HI, CA-- constitute the states with the longest life expectancy.

Glean from this information what you will.

My takeaway is that TDS adds five- to- six years to one's life expectancy.

lifeexp_geo.png

https://www.popsci.com/sites/popsci...018/11/lifeexp_geo.png?itok=eAjV_uGf&fc=50,50

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-trumps-popularity-is-holding-up-by-state/

50283552_1121785227981008_9126294862453276672_n.jpg

If we are attributing causality here, let me show you an obesity prevalence map

brfss_2017_obesity-overall.jpg

(in b4 "fat people vote Trump" circlejerk)

It’s strange, most of the obese people in Alaska are the natives who tend to not support Trump.

The places that vote for Trump will see Heaven sooner.
Isn't that what the OP is saying , because their life expectancy is lower than the places that didn't vote for Trump.

Back