HTC Vive Preorders are open!

I wouldn't move to san francisco and do some startup incubator for all of the money in the fucking world. rather be ripping asbestos out of walls in syria.
Good to see they're putting their money where their mouth is though.
Lots of good partners in there too. Shame about oculus/facebook not joining. I guess they're all to busy trying to hold Palmer down so he doesn't enrage all of reddit and get on cnn money again.
The focus mostly on China leads me to believe China may be backing most of this effort financially.

Holy shit Audioshield. 90 minutes in that thing just now, my hmd is fucking disgusting.
So sweaty.

Got a couple ordered, one of the waterproof ones for showing it off at work where there will be a lot of people lined up and it'll be real handy to be able to just take an alcohol wipe to it, and some of the other ones for normal use. Ordered beginning of march, but no shipment info yet, I think dude is kinda swamped.
Friend is a seamstress, might see if I can't convince her to sew me something. Lord knows I've helped her with enough computer/tech shit over the last 17 years.

As for nausea, nothing so far. It still feels weird strafing in something like the vanishing of ethan carter, but I played it for about 90 minutes and I didn't get sick at all. It's just a strange sensation moving around with the stick.
Only game I've gotten sick playing in VR so far is GTA 5 on a rift DK2 using a kinda wonky profile for vorpX, and I'm not entirely sure it was running at a solid framerate (not my HMD or my computer, unsure what it was running on).
About to try Windlands now, I think it's safe to say if that doesn't make me feel ill not much will.

Hopefully they do a vive port.

Last edited:
tried vr games, it makes me nauseous
That's a real shame. I've not had any issues with any games with official support.
I played a bunch of windlands, which is a standing game with gamepad locomotion where you run at like 40mph and jump insanely high and swing around like spiderman, and it felt kinda weird, but I never got sick.
I almost fell on my ass when I tried jumping in real life while I jumped in the game, and landing in real life like .5 seconds before I landed in game was strange. Kinda like when you think there's another stair step and there's not and you get all fucked up and confused.

Back