dAfTiE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
www.htcvive.com
I got mine, any of you getting yours?

33keoo5.jpg

Can't fucking wait.

jesus christ you spent that much on that damn thing? Aren't you in europe?

jesus christ you spent that much on that damn thing? Aren't you in europe?
Yup. It's kinda expensive, but whatever. All it really means is it'll take me ~two months longer to fully pay off my mortgage. I can live with that.

Can't believe how much this thing cost. Praying Sony doesn't do this.

Can't believe how much this thing cost. Praying Sony doesn't do this.
I bet it's gonna be ~$400 for the PSVR, but then you'll also need a PS camera and a couple move controllers, so probably closer to $600 for most people.

I bet it's gonna be ~$400 for the PSVR, but then you'll also need a PS camera and a couple move controllers, so probably closer to $600 for most people.

Well the camera and move controllers are really cheap online you can get both for about $70. I do think $400 is the most likely price but I'm hoping for $300. The advantage Sony has over everyone else is they can sell this hardware at a loss and recoup some of the money through software sales. Seeing as they have a bunch of games in development right now I can see that being the strategy they employ.

I bought an Oculus Rift DK2 when the pre-orders for that came out so now I've had a go with it to get rid of my initial excitement.

Now I'm waiting to see how things pan out with the consumer Rift and the Vive cos it's a lot of money to slap down and I'm not gonna get both.

I bought an Oculus Rift DK2 when the pre-orders for that came out so now I've had a go with it to get rid of my initial excitement.

Now I'm waiting to see how things pan out with the consumer Rift and the Vive cos it's a lot of money to slap down and I'm not gonna get both.
I was planning on getting both but I'm gonna wait and see. Probably going to end up getting the PSVR as well, since that will probably end up being a pretty different thing.
Then I just need to sell this place and find a new apartment with a room I can dedicate to VR so I don't have to move furniture to jump around with the vive on my head like an idiot.

I have home modeling going on I would look into it. HTC reported they sold 15,000 of them in 10 mins after they started allowing orders.

There are now Vive demos going on in the UK, details here.
Current list of stores running demos:
The HTC Vive will be at the following retail locations:
Currys PC World Leeds (Birstall)
West Yorkshire Retail Park
Holdening Way Birstall
Leeds
WF17 9AE

Currys PC World Reading Gate
Unit 5, Reading Gate Retail Park
Reading
RG2 0QG

Currys PC World Tottenham Court Road
145 - 149 Tottenham Court Road
London
W1T 7NE

Overclockers UK
5 Lymedale Cross
Lower Milehouse Lane
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Staffs
ST5 9BT

Scan Computers International Ltd
25-28 Enterprise Park,
Middlebrook,
Horwich,
Bolton
BL6 6PE
Got a week off work, kinda wanna grab a cheap flight and hit up the Currys on tottenham court road.

Vive's positional tracking is a game-changer... the other offerings are pedestrian in comparison.

I think I'm going to wait and see what the internet has to say about it after it's out in consumer hands. I saw them taking orders for it on Steam though

I think I'm going to wait and see what the internet has to say about it after it's out in consumer hands. I saw them taking orders for it on Steam though
This guy won one in some contest in january and has been streaming a lot of gameplay with the vive since he got it, and he just recently posted a fairly in-depth review after having had it for a month.

Well worth going back and looking through his twitch archives, he's got footage of most of the games currently out there for the thing.

This guy won one in some contest in january and has been streaming a lot of gameplay with the vive since he got it, and he just recently posted a fairly in-depth review after having had it for a month.

Well worth going back and looking through his twitch archives, he's got footage of most of the games currently out there for the thing.

Yeah I'm sure I'll end up getting the Vive. I fooled around with the Rift a bit, a buddy had a test model and it was neat. But wtf is Oculus thinking launching their own proprietary store? Yeah your thing is neat but I'm not about to abandon my massive steam library lol

finally came today. Got a pretty nasty case of VR hair.
Spent about an hour with the lab, around the same with job simulator, did some holoball, played some vanishing of ethan carter VR, did some VR space truckin' in elite: dangerous, and I drove some lumber in euro truck sim 2.
This thing is too much fun.
Oh,and I'm posting this from virtual desktop. I need to fuck around with the settings more, but it seems promising.
Had the thing on for almost 7 hours straight now, probably time to give the old eyes some rest.

Next step now is firing up unity 3d and doing some dumb shit. I think I might model my apartment so I can walk around my virtual livingroom in my real fucking livingroom. And sit down in my virtual sofa and watch virtual tv.

finally came today. Got a pretty nasty case of VR hair.
Spent about an hour with the lab, around the same with job simulator, did some holoball, played some vanishing of ethan carter VR, did some VR space truckin' in elite: dangerous, and I drove some lumber in euro truck sim 2.
This thing is too much fun.
Oh,and I'm posting this from virtual desktop. I need to fuck around with the settings more, but it seems promising.
Had the thing on for almost 7 hours straight now, probably time to give the old eyes some rest.

Next step now is firing up unity 3d and doing some dumb shit. I think I might model my apartment so I can walk around my virtual livingroom in my real fucking livingroom. And sit down in my virtual sofa and watch virtual tv.
Yes the virtual desktop is very impressive especially the amounts of flexibility it has to do. I guess Facebook is pretty surprised by a tool that already lets people with the Vive run Oculus Rift consumer addition games. I don't know how you can download games but it can run them apparently.

Yes the virtual desktop is very impressive especially the amounts of flexibility it has to do. I guess Facebook is pretty surprised by a tool that already lets people with the Vive run Oculus Rift consumer addition games. I don't know how you can download games but it can run them apparently.
For the reVive tool, which is just a wrapper that translates oculus sdk calls to openVR calls and lets you play oculus exlusive games on the vive, you have to buy them from the oculus store.
I haven't bothered making an account myself, but people just got Lucky's Tale for free for registering, no key or nothing, because it's free with the rift and you can't play it without a rift, right? Haaha.
The other bundled titles were smart enough to use actual keys.

For the reVive tool, which is just a wrapper that translates oculus sdk calls to openVR calls and lets you play oculus exlusive games on the vive, you have to buy them from the oculus store.
I haven't bothered making an account myself, but people just got Lucky's Tale for free for registering, no key or nothing, because it's free with the rift and you can't play it without a rift, right? Haaha.
The other bundled titles were smart enough to use actual keys.
You have to get cracking on the development end now that HTC just announced a 100 million dollar fund to fund the development of 3rd party applications.

http://www.roadtovr.com/htc-vive-x-...ment-fund-virtual-reality/?platform=hootsuite

You have to get cracking on the development end now that HTC just announced a 100 million dollar fund to fund the development of 3rd party applications.

http://www.roadtovr.com/htc-vive-x-...ment-fund-virtual-reality/?platform=hootsuite
I wouldn't move to san francisco and do some startup incubator for all of the money in the fucking world. rather be ripping asbestos out of walls in syria.
Good to see they're putting their money where their mouth is though.
Lots of good partners in there too. Shame about oculus/facebook not joining. I guess they're all to busy trying to hold Palmer down so he doesn't enrage all of reddit and get on cnn money again.

Back