Hows does this sound for a start?

lake619

White Belt
Reaction score
So ive been doing kickboxing for about a year in and out but im really going to start to fucos now hows this sound to start to build of

Monday 3x3mins skipping
Lift weights upperbody upperbody work out 1hour
Cardio- 2 mile run

Tuesday 3X3mins Skipping
One and a half hour kickboxing sparring padwork

Wednesday Lift weights 1hour
skip 3x3mins
cardio run two miles
4x3mins heavy bag

Thursaday 4x4mins heavy bag
one half houres of mma

Friday 4 mile run

Sat/sun Rest

The reason i can only get to the gym to train.Is because of my shift pattern AND i live miles away from and club

Supplments im thinking syntha 6 to feed my body the extra protein without the massgainer like most
Thankes in advanced like i said this is just the start of my proper training cheers

Sounds like you'll be in great shape without getting much better at kickboxing or MMA. I'm going to assume you mean one and a half hours of MMA on Thursday and not a half hour.

One change I would recommend if you plan on competing, especially in MMA, is to do more high-intensity, anaerobic exercises, like sprints. Pretty much any workout with "plyo" in the name is good. Plyometrics are ideal for the explosive fitness you need for MMA and any form of grappling. Long distance running isn't going to help you when you have to go balls to the wall for 20 seconds in a fight.

If I were you I would rather focus on my MMA more frequently throughout the week. MMA itself consists of conditioning and body strength programming within itself. Although I will not bash you, this is a start so work on it, do lots of compound lifts, explosive movements, caveman type training, and heavy flat out sprints with fight round type time limitations.

Yeah In my trade (chef) i get two days off in the week that im trying to fit at much time at gyms as possible.Still looking around for any gyms that are open in the day to train rather than just at night i did meen a hour and a half just i live so far from the city.Im going to look more in to explosive exersies so do you not think with my three houres of kickboxing/and mma is enough to because a half decent fighter?.....Thing is all my mates are just going of the rail with drink and drugs and i really want something else to fucos on :)

What do your weight routines look like? Everyone will probably say do the 2 day split in the FAQ.

I'd drop the 2 and 4 mile runs for skills training if money allows you to join a second club.

Do you have any weight goals? ie lose/gain weight, gain muscle, etc?

Yeah In my trade (chef) i get two days off in the week that im trying to fit at much time at gyms as possible.Still looking around for any gyms that are open in the day to train rather than just at night i did meen a hour and a half just i live so far from the city.Im going to look more in to explosive exersies so do you not think with my three houres of kickboxing/and mma is enough to because a half decent fighter?.....Thing is all my mates are just going of the rail with drink and drugs and i really want something else to fucos on :)

First off- Bloody hell thinking about training and also training as a chef. Good on ya
Secondly- Please and this is by now way a dig, spell properly. You can tell a lot about someone by the effort they put into the small things.
Thirdly- Do the longer stuff outside of the gym and the shorter harder stuff when you can train with partners and have tuition. Ideally you'd spend more hours doing skill work, but if you can't you can't, end of. Just don't spend the time you could be doing good cv in, doing shitty training sessions by yourself and learning bad habits (which take bloody ages to unlearn, for example dropping your hand when checking a low kick in Muay Thai).

Yeah i understand im not the best at english hense the reason why im a chef :) but i will take the advice......When im at home on the bag i feel as if im doing alright but when my coach watches me he tells me im doing it all wrong and also refurs to me picking bad habbits at home.So i think i will just stick with the cv when i am at home then when im down the gym train twice as hard.My aim is to get in pretty good shape before i really start looking in to competing.

Lifting wise

arms
5X5 Barbell curs
5x5 dumbell curls
5 sets of 21s

shoulders
5x5 lateral raises
5x5 front raises
5x5 upright rows
5x5shoulder shrugs

Stats im 13 and a half stone
BF 18% bad times
hight 6ft1

Looking around trying may be able to fit an hour of judo in before my kickboxing on a tuesday.Is all this going to help me progress to be a good fighter or is my job going to stop me?

Ps i know i come across as a realy noob im just really after some advice

As far as your bag work -- regardless of whether you practice at home, you need to internalize the right technique, so that you do it automatically every time.

Here's an old karate saying that I totally endorse -- "Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect."

You've gotta work on developing perfect practice.

Are you keeping track of the corrections you get? Trying to fix the problems? Trying to practice doing things the right way even when the coach isn't watching?

If you need to, start with one fundamental, like throwing a jab. Tell your coach you're ready to make a bigger effort to improve, ask him what you should be practicing, write down notes, practicepracticepractice and have him check your form after a week or so. Repeat as needed.

Read the Stickies, do more kickboxing, learn how to spell.

Yeah i understand im not the best at english hense the reason why im a chef :) but i will take the advice......When im at home on the bag i feel as if im doing alright but when my coach watches me he tells me im doing it all wrong and also refurs to me picking bad habbits at home.So i think i will just stick with the cv when i am at home then when im down the gym train twice as hard.My aim is to get in pretty good shape before i really start looking in to competing.

Lifting wise

arms
5X5 Barbell curs
5x5 dumbell curls
5 sets of 21s

shoulders
5x5 lateral raises
5x5 front raises
5x5 upright rows
5x5shoulder shrugs

BF 18% bad times
hight 6ft1

Looking around trying may be able to fit an hour of judo in before my kickboxing on a tuesday.Is all this going to help me progress to be a good fighter or is my job going to stop me?

Re the last one, that is perfectly ok. As long as you don't come across with an attitude, after the initial hazing people will offer helpful tips.

Regarding your lifting. Honestly, it's awful. Expect to be attacked for that alone. Do some reason on the FAQ link at the top of this thread and go from there.

As I and other have said, practising bad technique is just going to get worse and if your coach is saying what you're doing is bad, like you have surmised, stop and get fit away from the training so that you can keep up a decent volume when you are there to get the technique down without fatiquing.

With your workload (just from being a bloody chef), make sure you get plenty of sleep and increase the volume gradually.

Best luck.

Ideally you'd spend more hours doing skill work, but if you can't you can't, end of. Just don't spend the time you could be doing good cv in, doing shitty training sessions by yourself and learning bad habits (which take bloody ages to unlearn, for example dropping your hand when checking a low kick in Muay Thai).

That's pretty much where I'm at on it. Train hard and learn as much as you can while you're at the gym. Practice what you can at home.

Lifting wise

arms
5X5 Barbell curs
5x5 dumbell curls
5 sets of 21s

shoulders
5x5 lateral raises
5x5 front raises
5x5 upright rows
5x5shoulder shrugs

BF 18% bad times
hight 6ft1

It seams like you're lifting for vanity, and not for strength and power. I've tried a couple of different strength programs throughout the years. I quit lifting for about 10 months, and a month ago I began Starting Strength with ridiculous amounts of milk. I can say that this has been the best program I have been on, and have seen great strength and power gains from it. I suggest starting there.

Like the FAQ says, any strength program that doesn't include squats or deadlifts is fundamentally flawed. Power comes from your core and your legs.

Cheers for the advice guys im going scrap the whole lifting weights idea fucos more on my cv and my technique.Ive also got my self in to a jujitsu place before my kickboxing class.Then in a few months start to lift again BUT a diffrent program from what im doing now.

Cheers for the advice guys im going scrap the whole lifting weights idea fucos more on my cv and my technique.Ive also got my self in to a jujitsu place before my kickboxing class.Then in a few months start to lift again BUT a diffrent program from what im doing now.

Good good

Come back and see what input people have on it. You'll get some good pointers (mostly). Just come with an idea of what you want and remember you have 1 mouth and 2 ears, so use them in the correct proportion and you'll be set.

Also, please from this point on- write focus.

I didn't know S & C stood for "spelling and comprehension", let the guy be as dyslexic as he wants - he's making sense and trying to better himself.

Back