How'd Wonderboy vs. prime GSP go?

Easy to rock? He said prime GSP you fool.

GSP would grind him down for sure.
Well shit. I will give you the fact that i did not recognize the "prime" part. But prime also got rocked multiple times in different fights. Im not claiming Thompson would win every time. I think 60/40. But hey we will never see prime gsp again.

GSP owns him then and owns him now.

Seriously? Prime GSP is one of the greatest fighters ever. I don't see how this would be close.

Who could beat prime GSP? His double leg was unstoppable. He has good reach and a jab that still makes Kos's eye water.

I think his tdd has become great. To keep the fight standing is an art of its own. I also believe that he has been train jitz through this 6 fight streak he is on. You might be suprised

I think you'd be surprised.

We're talking about GSP, right?

Now, with the current crop of fighters, Wonderboy has a great chance at getting the title. I think he'd have a war with Lawler.

Well shit. I will give you the fact that i did not recognize the "prime" part. But prime also got rocked multiple times in different fights. Im not claiming Thompson would win every time. I think 60/40. But hey we will never see prime gsp again.

Fair enough. GSP only got rocked one time in his prime, and that was against Matt Sera. He got rocked vs Condit but he had passed his prime at that point. He had just come back from ACL surgery. Mcgregor is still in his prime after ACL surgery...but he is an anomaly. Also, he is much younger so that helps you bounce back.

Seriously? Prime GSP is one of the greatest fighters ever. I don't see how this would be close.
It's going to keep getting worse, too. People forget how good GSP was circa 2008/2009.

Prime GSP and Jon Jones are the closest to a perfect fighter you'll find, but they still have weaknesses. With GSP, his weakness is striking in the pocket, he can take apart or at worst be even with anyone on the outside, and if you get inside on him it's a free takedown. But if you can stay in the pocket he doesn't have the punch combos to do real damage, nor does he defend all that well from there, and that's where you can hurt him if you can get there and stay there. If Wonderboy can get into the pocket and unload, then GSP's going to be in trouble. On the outside they're probably even, on the inside GSP wins, but get in that pocket and Thompson can do some serious damage. Ain't gonna be easy since GSP will either open the range or close it all the way for a takedown.

I'm going to be honest and say that I have no idea. Wonderboy would be tough for GSP on the feet because of his range and how well he uses it, but I'd be nuts to think one of the best MMA wrestlers wouldn't have a chance of getting it to the ground.

Hard to say, was that the Hendricks from days of old? Then yes Wonderboy would eat GSP for breakfast. But Jonny on the decline, then no GSP always wins

GSP would be relentless with his pressure and control. If he had Wonderboy against the cage like Johnny did with his one take down attempt, his conditioning and relentless will would have kept him glued trying multiple takedowns. Hendricks doesn't have the conditioning or heart that GSP had and gives up if he doesn't get something. GSP had a way of forcing what he wants and going for it until he got it causing his opponents to wear down and eventually cave to the pressure. Hendricks may have great wrestling, but he doesn't have the heart or conditioning.

I see GSP desperately pressuring Wonderboy with multiple take downs and wearing Wonderboy down making the 3rd round on up takedowns come much easier to a decision.

GSP would control this fight in every way.

Prime GSP is like Prime Fedor. At his best, just WAY above the curve.

There just isn't anyone in the division I'd favour against him. My guess GSP might be outmatched on the feet as Wonderboy is taller and has better kicks, but I think GSP would find a way to take it to the mat and outmatch him there

Back