How?

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
DJ won that comfortably. This is MMA not wrestling. You don't win by getting dominated all fight but getting a few takedowns where you do 0 damage.

Scoring is a joke.

I agree, 3-2 maybe even 4-1 for MM.

Cejudo did quite good imo. Take down's count and DJ didn't control the fight like he did with his past opponents.

DJ won that comfortably. This is MMA not wrestling. You don't win by getting dominated all fight but getting a few takedowns where you do 0 damage.

Scoring is a joke.

I thought DJ won, but it was a close fight. The only bad part is the losers that have been waiting for years for MM to lose, and thinks him losing now means something.

Scoring is a joke.
Cejudo landed the more powerful shots and was the aggressor. Mighty Mouse didnt have any sort of significant volume advantage.

N what did DJ do to win? Land some leg kicks?

Close fight. I think Cejudos rounds were more clear.

Seems the MM fans can clearly point to exactly what Henry did to win the fight, but only have vague notions about what MM did to win it himself.

Only oddity was it being a split instead of unanimous.

Had it 4-1 for DJ

I didn't see Cejudo land more than two significant strikes in 25 minutes

I thought DJ won, but it was a close fight. The only bad part is the losers that have been waiting for years for MM to lose, and thinks him losing now means something.
Can't lie I've been waiting for him to lose but thought he won 3-2.

The UFC is hurting financially, they needed this change in champion, they got what they wanted. Dana was extremely happy with Cejudo winning.

even if you do 0 damage with a takedown it still gives you points for octagon control...

i think till outweighing woodley is so dana gaurentees the fight goes to decision. Dana wants till vs. conor.. no big money fight for woodley

I agree. MM won that.

It was 2-2 going into the 5th (although the 2nd round was debatable).

Cejudo did enough to win the 5th. He pushed the pace and landed the better shots.

even if you do 0 damage with a takedown it still gives you points for octagon control...
which doesn't matter, as that criteria isn't taken into account unless the effectiveness of the striking and grappling is exactly equal. And even then, it still doesn't matter, as they are then scored on effective aggression. If that is also deemed to be exactly equal, then they look for effective area control.

Back