How you deal with hangover?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This question will dominate google searches today and 2morrow morning. So lets give people a heads up.

They recommend drinking 2 glasses of water before you go sleep drunk. I always drink Gatorade instead. Before I go bed and day after. Sometimes hangover is so bad that you cant even eat for the entire day. I always have Actimel to drink. For me it eases stomach pains.

But recently I dont drink heavy anymore. My last heavy drink was 2-3 years ago and since then I never drink more than 3-4 bottles of beer per event, party, whatever.

So what is your way to go?

the-best-cure-for-a-hangover-is-being-under-25-Xo0.png

As a drunk, (holy crap for 2 years now, ugh) you just know what to expect when you wake up and go about your day accordingly.
Staying hydrated is important tho, you can't leave that out

Hair of the dog.

Literally pull hair off of your dog and eat it. Or smoke it. If you don't have a dog, try your neighbors.

If you can get an IV of fluids you'll be good in a jiffy

Also I've heard pedialyte works. Not sure if I spelled that correctly. Only problem is you're supposed to drink some before & after drinking

A joint, a beer, salty food, cold shower. Add Gatorade if it was really gnarly. You're welcome.

Water.
Orange juice.
Water.
Pizza.
Water.
Hair of the dog.

In that order.

Lemon perrier water, it's good for the chemistry of your stomach. Gatorade for rehydration. And soup. Nothing too heavy because your body needs to spend it's energy metabolizing the alcohol. A nap later in the day followed by lots of fluids and that's the best way to deal with it as far as health goes.

And oxygen bar is the best but try finding one....

A shot of Fernet Branca in the morning.

This question will dominate google searches today and 2morrow morning. So lets give people a heads up.

They recommend drinking 2 glasses of water before you go sleep drunk. I always drink Gatorade instead. Before I go bed and day after. Sometimes hangover is so bad that you cant even eat for the entire day. I always have Actimel to drink. For me it eases stomach pains.

But recently I dont drink heavy anymore. My last heavy drink was 2-3 years ago and since then I never drink more than 3-4 bottles of beer per event, party, whatever.

So what is your way to go?

Like you TS, my days of heavy drinking are over. My body is actually so familiar with its limit it can pretty much inform me to the sip, "If you drink that sip: hangover. If you stop right here, you're fine."

When I was a heavy drinker in my youth, I tried every stupid hangover cure their was. And occasionally I had placebo effects that caused me to mistakenly stand by some for years. Like "eat a chorizo breakfast burrito."

But the reality is there are no quick fixes. If you're hungover, you feel like shit for a day. Drink water to rehydrate, take headache meds to mildly dull the migraine, and when you need to puke, just do it.

Prevention is the key, and when you didn't prevent it then intestinal fortitude and endurance are the keys.

I don't drink very much anymore but when I do I drink water. I drink tons of water, eat a bowl of menudo or pho, take an alpha brain and coffee. It eases it a little. I'm above 45 so the hangovers hit me a little harder than they used too.

Gatorade or similar before bed.
Water on night stand.
Fresh juice on waking. (Bloody Mary if really bad.)
Decent feed, laksa or ramen my go to.
Ibuprofen, cold compress on eyes, nap.

-lots of water to rehydrate
-eat lots of meat (no homo) like beef, etc

Back