How you cannot love TJ DillaGOAT?

It’s still true. Sorry if you can’t except it. Why not call out the 145 champ, if he’s the best? Because there are limitations regardless how good you are. Max would destroy Dilly.

Mighty Mouse is supposedly the #1 P4P fighter in the sport. Fighting him should be a taller order than fighting Max.

Yeah, I get it. And I'm not immune to the whole concept of, say, likeable Hollywood stars as opposed to assholes.

But this is fighting. You're basically trying to hurt people for a living. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to be a decent person outside of the octagon or ring or whatever, it simply means that my level of tolerance towards fighters being douchebags is different. You're kinda douchey for fighting in the first place, so to speak.

That last sentence makes a good point. I mean, look at the guy Dillashaw was fighting. Douchebags are everywhere in cage fighting.

He isn’t abusive, that’s really where I draw the line on supporting fighters. Saying, “TJ is a douche” is a bit silly, and maybe even accurate, but he’s far from the worst. He seems like a decent guy.

I'm curious to know where he's acted like a douche? I haven'tseen any of the TUF episodes in which he was featured. Was it there?
He seems mature, polite, and a good dude in general from what I've seen in his media appearances. Personally I wouldn't hold something against a guy for something he might have said or done years ago...

Dillashaw is definitely a killer in the ring. I thought the TAM collective reaction to his training with Bang was perhaps prideful. They took his admiration for Ludwig's coaching style as an affront to their own.

Dunno, but I found their public attack on Dillashaw a bit extreme. I was glad to see the in-your-face vindication at the end of their first fight. I don't mind a bit of that in sports. It's a high-fueled environment to say the least. The second fight was absolute perfection in terms of opponent deconstruction and domination.

I'm definitely a fan of this guy...

Everyone at TAM/involved in their feuds tends to be a douche bag.

Castillo, Garbrandt, Mendes, even Faber, all douche bags. The entire Alliance mma gym they feud with, all douchebags. Joe-B is the most tolerable. So it really isn’t a surprise TJ gets characterized that way.

The clips of him cheap shotting his sparring partners are pretty weak. And his coach sells peanut butter. Peanut Banger.

He’s an alright dude, a hell of a fighter, but a bit of a California douche.

<Fedor23>

I appreciate TJ's skills, but he has a boring/bland personality. I'll always like Salty Dom Cruz more.

He is the true definition of what a true MMA fighter and champion should be and considering how this place is so full of "MMA Purist" I'm kinda shocked he doesn't get more love, yes he might not be the nicest guy out there but he is not a complete moron like Conor, Bisping, Colby, Jones or Ronda.

Here are several reasons why TJ is just so incredible:
- From a wrestler became one of the most skilled and complete fighters in the roster
- Insane fight IQ and always get better with every fight
- Totally devoted and committed to become a better MMA fighter
- Challenge himself trying to fight the toughest fighter available(Asking to fight former GOAT MM)
- Became champ again after unfairly got the belt taken away from him
- Didn't let the "Snake" gimmick define his career and even embrace it
- Everybody was against him in the whole TAM drama and he proved everybody wrong by being right at the end
- Always fight the best, doesn't duck
- Doesn't trash talk and it always in exciting fights

I see how many people are hanging on the nuts of guys like Cormier, Miocic and even MM but I don't see half of that love for TJ, he is one of the most unfairly treated fighters in the forum along with Luke Rockhold and probably Jose Aldo
Been a TJ fan since TUF.

Dude is one of the best fighters in all of MMA today.

If not for Cody/Faber, he'd have a significantly larger fanbase... no doubt it my mind on that.

He's got some hoes around here now, because he's won recently. One loss and the narrative will turn sharply and the hoes will leave for the next man. He's generally not likeable from the small lens of the Sherdog mind, but he's a good fighter and a finisher. So when he just finished a fight, he'll get these kinds of threads made about him. The things you pointed out arent really considerations for people here in terms of who they like/dont like, for the most part.

Back