How you cannot love TJ DillaGOAT?

Mammothman

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He is the true definition of what a true MMA fighter and champion should be and considering how this place is so full of "MMA Purist" I'm kinda shocked he doesn't get more love, yes he might not be the nicest guy out there but he is not a complete moron like Conor, Bisping, Colby, Jones or Ronda.

Here are several reasons why TJ is just so incredible:
- From a wrestler became one of the most skilled and complete fighters in the roster
- Insane fight IQ and always get better with every fight
- Totally devoted and committed to become a better MMA fighter
- Challenge himself trying to fight the toughest fighter available(Asking to fight former GOAT MM)
- Became champ again after unfairly got the belt taken away from him
- Didn't let the "Snake" gimmick define his career and even embrace it
- Everybody was against him in the whole TAM drama and he proved everybody wrong by being right at the end
- Always fight the best, doesn't duck
- Doesn't trash talk and it always in exciting fights

I see how many people are hanging on the nuts of guys like Cormier, Miocic and even MM but I don't see half of that love for TJ, he is one of the most unfairly treated fighters in the forum along with Luke Rockhold and probably Jose Aldo

He is the true definition of what a true MMA fighter and champion should be and considering how this place is so full of "MMA Purist" I'm kinda shocked he doesn't get more love, yes he might not be the nicest guy out there but he is not a complete moron like Conor, Bisping, Colby, Jones or Ronda.

- From a wrestler became one of the most skilled and complete fighters in the roster
- Challenge himself trying to fight the toughest fighter available(Asking to fight former GOAT MM)
- Everybody was against him in the whole TAM drama and he proved everybody wrong by being right at the end

I see how many people are hanging on the nuts of guys like Cormier, Miocic and even MM but I don't see half of that love for TJ, he is one of the most unfairly treated fighters in the forum along with Luke Rockhold and probably Jose Aldo
Calling a smaller dude is not the right path to GOATness...Im afraid...

He asked for mm if he actually had balls he would ask for someone at 145 not someone who's clearly smaller than himself. If he wants to really test himself he could of asked to fight Jose aldo when he was champ or max holloway or ffs Conor . instead he chose the smaller guy. Now it would make sense if mm was a draw . He isn't

Someone post the shirtless image of him being a douche at the airport

Calling a smaller dude is not the right path to GOATness...Im afraid...

That would have been true if he would have called out DJ at 135 but he was willing to make the extra cut to 125 to get the fight, he really tried but MM straight up refused

He’s an incredible fighter.
With that said, MMA fans are too caught up on “liking” the fighters on a personal level.
In no other sport that I watch does anyone question why I only like my team and not the others.
It’s entertainment. Part of being entertained is having someone to root for and against.

ok but stop giving fighters retarded names

He asked for mm if he actually had balls he would ask for someone at 145 not someone who's clearly smaller than himself. If he wants to really test himself he could of asked to fight Jose aldo when he was champ or max holloway or ffs Conor . instead he chose the smaller guy. Now it would make sense if mm was a draw . He isn't
Good luck with Holloway, Ortega, Conor or Aldo making 135, I have no doubt TJ would not have any problem fighting them for his belt

With that said, MMA fans are too caught up on “liking” the fighters on a personal level.
In no other sport that I watch does anyone question why I only like my team and not the others.
It’s entertainment. Part of being entertained is having someone to root for and against.
well its because it's an individual sport. in football people worship their teams

Fun to watch but he seems like a giant douche.

Who cares, really? Is this a competition of being the most likeable?

I've got nothing against so-called likeable fighters, I ... like them, but ultimately I like the douches too, we need them to counter all the likeability.

it's very true, I really don't try to "like" many fighters just because the disappointment factor, I know I didn't used the correct words but in the case of TJ more than liking him I feel he doesn't get the respect he deserve

Dillashaw is on a whole other level. He picked Cody apart two times. A wrestler who developed the best standup in his division maybe all of UFC is just a fact that sets him above the rest.

I usually do read the whole op, but I'm too drunk to right now lol. I agree though, TJ is one, if not the, best fighters in the world today.

Id love to see him against max if Holloway wins. It would be a great fight (Ortega's too big for the imo)

I only want to see him jump around weight classes a bit because he has almost already clearedout the division.with his 2 title runs/streaks .

Back