How would you see Lawler/MacDonald III going?

RoryMacdonald

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I feel like this fight is bound to happen later next year sometime. Lawler will get past Condit and likely Hendricks again. Rory is looking to return in Dec/Jan and that gives him more than enough time to take 1-2 more fights after before next fall. Before Lawler fights Rory for the third time, he will have a tough road. I predict he will have to fight Condit, Hendricks and then maybe Brown, Maia or Thompson. Hoping for a Bendo vs Rory matchup in December. Rory needs a big name but a favourable matchup. In the third fight I also see Rory being the favourite again, despite losing to Lawler twice already. As far as the winner, I'm not too sure. I could watch these guys fight 100 times and not get bored, their styles clash so well. Lawler vs MacDonald III at UFC 203 in Vancouver please!

I see Rory taking time away from the cage to reassess his life and career after his latest setback. We might see them fight again but it will be a few years away, at which time it's anyone's guess how either are doing.

Well, he was winning 3-1 on all scorecards.... but that beating he took was brutal. Hopefully he recovers mentally from it

I see Rory taking time away from the cage to reassess his life and career after his latest setback. We might see them fight again but it will be a few years away, at which time it's anyone's guess how either are doing.

I think Robbie will be retired by 2018.. So the sooner the better. Despite how bad Rory looked post fight, he said the injuries were very miniscule.

Absolutely. A fight like that will most likely have long-term effects on his psyche

You know how fighters have a certain amount of fights in them? Rory just used up ten. Not sure if he's ever gonna regain what he had, and Robby would beat him again.

well, it's become evident that Lawler conserves energy early and uses it in the last round or 2 to try everything in his power to win the fight.

Hendricks seems to have only half that algorithm down.

if they fight next year and Hendricks grows, he probably wins. if he stagnates, probably not.

I just can't see how a beating like that doesn't affect your confidence - I mean yes Rory is tough as nails and a professional but how do you bounce back from that with out having trepidations regarding the rematch?

I guess that's why I'm a fan and he's a fighter

Rory should wait. He can't beat Lawler now. He's too good in the striking in the TDD. But in some years, Rory is going to get even better then he should win.

I feel like this fight is bound to happen later next year sometime. Lawler will get past Condit and likely Hendricks again. Rory is looking to return in Dec/Jan and that gives him more than enough time to take 1-2 more fights after before next fall. Before Lawler fights Rory for the third time, he will have a tough road. I predict he will have to fight Condit, Hendricks and then maybe Brown, Maia or Thompson. Hoping for a Bendo vs Rory matchup in December. Rory needs a big name but a favourable matchup. In the third fight I also see Rory being the favourite again, despite losing to Lawler twice already. As far as the winner, I'm not too sure. I could watch these guys fight 100 times and not get bored, their styles clash so well. Lawler vs MacDonald III at UFC 203 in Vancouver please!

Looking way too far ahead. If it happens again and it's a similar style fight I think Lawler ends his career.

People forget that Rory's nose was broken in the first. He did nearly as much damage to Lawler, and was outstriking him.

I will always root for Rory but I think Lalwer might just have his number...Rory will come really closw every time but end up losingto him somehow.

At least until Lalwer falls off a bit, Rory is still relatively fresh compared to Lawler

You know how fighters have a certain amount of fights in them? Rory just used up ten. Not sure if he's ever gonna regain what he had, and Robby would beat him again.

Dude could have got the prime beat out of him. It happens in boxing and it looks like it has happened to guys in MMA like Shogun and Nogueira.

I honestly don't think Rory will be the same fighter after that beating. If he does recover though, and a third fight does materialize, I see Robbie winning again.

Unless Rory take some time to go elsewhere to train some other striking and defensive skills, I see every fight between him and Robbie ending the same as the last two.

Rory needs to learn some effective head movement and footwork so his career is prolonged. There are no easy fights ahead of him now unless he skids for two or three.

I believe in Rory. I believe he will get the everliving Sh1t beat out of him once again.

Back