How would you reboot the Ultimate Fighter?

Influencers who wants to make mma career

Legends tuff or another comeback season. Or a bellator fighter only season when they collapse after DAZN dropped them.

Old World vs. New World. Americas vs. Europe, Asia, and Africa. Australia/New Zealand can just stay in the house and get drunk and fight each other.

The only real option is maybe existing ufc fighters with a title shot up for grabs

All the up and comer's go through contender series. Why commit to three months in a house when you can go on tuesday nights, put on a good show and get an immediate callup.

They could do something like they did before with champions from different organisations. that was a good idea, the problem was they did it for 125lb so it was shit :D

Or do a random one with non fighters / celebrities. Fuck it, do a tie in with MTV and have the cast of the challenge :D

I don't think there is much you can do. From what I've seen most of their demographic isn't into reality TV much anymore. The big reality TV shows center around Bachelor/Bachelorette which is obviously mostly all women watching. Maybe I'm wrong. Is Survivor still popular?

I don't think there is much you can do. From what I've seen most of their demographic isn't into reality TV much anymore. The big reality TV shows center around Bachelor/Bachelorette which is obviously mostly all women watching. Maybe I'm wrong. Is Survivor still popular?
it's absolutely horrible, but the move for reality show marketing would probably be crossover-casting, using members of something like MTV's The Challenge and training them to fight other equally novice reality stars

I’m not a fan of TUF and haven’t watched in years. I don’t like reality tv at all, even when it’s MMA-related. Honestly, I’d shitcan the show. I wouldn’t reboot it at all, just cancel it. I wish the UFC had done this in 2011 and kept running Strikeforce as a feeder league, similarly to how the WWE uses NXT. I’d rather the UFC just start a secondary promotion, run it, and as fighters rise up the ranking or earn titles or whatever, have them called up to the main UFC roster.

go all out do a 32 man tourney....this is the closest youll get to tourneys in the ufc...no teams....no specific coach.....just 32 dudes trying to get after it...make it about the fighters again, give some youngbloods screentime to build a following....no challenges...or any weird shit like that....each episode just focuses on the 2 guys fighting....obviously show the house shenanigans but what i really dug about tuf was the tourney style build up

Last edited:
I think they should do a live season. The fight each week is a live fight.

May be new blood vs UFC fighters in losing streak
Losers leave the UFC

Match coaches that have grudges/beef against each other

Have a co-Ed ultimate fighter. Females and males living in the same house, sharing bathroom etc. Each team is half males half females. It will be like the bachelor meets ufc
They did that. Rousey vs Tate, but we did get Juliana Pena, Raquel Pennington, and a few others.

Simplify it.

First, prequalify the fighters, do extensive interviews and assign them a "Gimmick" (based on their real personas)

Pre-book the "angles" Have a full cupboard of personal issues between every fighter, so no matter who wins, the drama never dies. No waiting around hoping someone "does" something.

But have all that be of secondary importance. The REAL money in that show is that it was the best place to feature the personalities and start-up conflicts between contracted fighters.

If the Jabronis get over, great, if not, who cares? THIS is where you shoot your big fight angles to get the general public interested. Don't leave that to chance, if guys think they can cook it on their own, great.
But don't have a situation like Sonnen in Brazil, with Silva refusing to speak to him, or after they started interacting, turning him babyface by making it look like he was being bullied. Where Cheal had to pull him aside and say "Wanderli....can I PLEASE be the heel? Will you just let me be the heel? This can be SO EASY and you are making it SO HARD." And having Silva not understand what he was talking about.

The UFC kind of NEEDS this show, but they made it way too complicated and hard on themselves.

I definitely think Vanderford should have got a contract, he's doing pretty okay in Bellator now though.

Who were your other guys?

I can't remember the guy you are talking about, but maybe that's the point.

Dana isn't going to sing a guy just because he beat some other guys. The UFC's business is the live gate, licensing, PPV's, Merchandise ect. A fighter's job isn't to win. A fighter's job is to make a meaningful contribution to one or all of those streams.

If a fighter doesn't have the potential to do that, he has no place on a card. The worst-case scenario is.....well, it's pretty much playing out right now. Khabib don't draw, the people who buy shows just because it says MMA on the marquee will watch, but that's only one-third of the pie.

Dana had his biggest drawing card destroyed by a guy who's name most people can't pronounce. And he's from the country BORAT is from. Nothing wrong with that, but Joe six-pack can't relate to him. Other than wanting him to get his ass kicked by someone he can. But that looks to be very unlikely to happen.

Consequently, Dana just lost an entire division. That's why he turned his attention elsewhere.

People forget how this sport works, a fighter is partnered up with every single fighter on the card. If someone drags the card down. He should never have been there in the first place.

I would reboot it with minor changes and stipulations like the undefeated season. Maybe a season with Champions from regional promotions. Maybe a USA/Russia season, Maybe ATT vs. Serra Longo, their are so many good ideas and opinions are opinions but If you hate it that bad don't watch it, but if anything we should be thankful for all the show has done to this point.

Back