How would you react if the UFC announces Gustaffson-Cormier over the next few days?

index.php

Jones stripped of the belt a month after his last defense? Haha you got to be trolling.

Rumble vs Jones makes more sense than anything at this point...with Gus vs DC to determine #1 contender.

People scoff at Rumble, but he has the best win at LHW, beating a Top 5 Phil Davis. While Gus and DC are beating up borderline Top 10 guys hoping for an easy road to the title shot.

Set it up.....Jones vs. Rumble and Gus vs. DC, and build up another contender over the next year.

You make a good point about Rumble - he actually does have the best LHW win. But this gets swept under the rug because Gus has gained such a cult following. However, given the fact that he only has one win since being back in the UFC, and because Jones-Gus has so much buzz behind it, I think Gus is the fight to make. As a promoter or fighter, it's a smart move to strike while the iron is hot.

Regarding this thread in general, I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously. Jones just fought a month ago and we're already talking about him ducking people and being stripped of his title? The collective IQ of the MMA community never ceases to amaze me. The bout agreement will probably be signed within the next couple weeks and all will be fine with the world. Jones is most likely using this as an opportunity to negotiate better contractual terms for himself, which would be a smart business move.

I'm not a Jones fan, but get real people.

"Cool" if for the title. I want my boy Gussstaffassasnsan to fight everyone and could care less for the ducking mentality. Win or lose I'm a fan and just want to see him fight so whatever.

"Not so cool" if they pander to Jonathan Dwight "Quackity Qaucker" Jones ducking needs and make it a no.1 contender fight without THE title on the line. LHW is a farce already with his 14 year old persona and the horde of prepubescent fangirls following his lead like they're watching that Fred character on Youtube, and if this sack of *bleep* remains the champ for the foreseeable future as the UFC meets all his demands and him and his fangirls gloats about it... that would just be too much, mang.

A little pissed. I want to see Jones fight again dammit. And I would hate to see contenders cannibalize each other.

Back