How would you react if the UFC announces Gustaffson-Cormier over the next few days?

I would love it. Finally Gus has to fight a top guy other than Bones.

UFC controlling the action diminishing. :icon_lol:

I'd think it sounds like a good fight that I'd be excited to watch.

i would be surprised, but i wouldn't fault lorenzo or uncle dana for making that decision. jones is being unreasonable with his refusal to fight gus in a rematch. there's five more fights left in his contract, jones will have to eventually fight gus in a rematch sooner or later. jones is being too stubborn for his own good.

Any combination of gus, jones and DC are fine by me. The belt means nothing to me. it's more about the fights.

Make it for the belt and I love it, otherwise Jones should fight Gus as DC is injured

not shocked

I like Gus a lot, but let's be real, Manuwa is not a top ten name, he's top 15 at best. You need at least a top ten win before you get a rematch

DC meanwhile, has really only beaten Hendo at LHW.

Neither's a hugely deserving contender right now. I'm not opposed to them getting title shots due to the shallow nature of LHW, but realistically, there are still guys like Rashad and Rumble whom they can fight to make their title shot claims more legitimate

I want to see both guys fight Jones so it would kind of suck but it's a good fight and would clearly establish the #1 contender.

Hell of of a fight but what is it for contender spot, interim, stripped belt off champ for not defending. No wonder why UFC fans are lost as to what it's all about. :icon_chee

Jones' last fight was very recent. If they can't come to terms with him for a year, sure set up an interim belt, but to have one now is laughable.

They should offer the other guys an option of keeping busy with another fight, or waiting in line while they negotiate. Then do the Jones deal as quickly as possible.

Sure, strip the belt from Jones and let Gus and Cormier fight for it.

I like the Cormier - gustaffson matchup aswell as gus vs jones. But I do think Gus deserves a rematch at this point, and Jones refusing to fight him is acctually quite embarrasing at this point. But above all this nonsense I want them all to have somekind of matchup. All of them are in their prime/heading into it and I don't see any reason why to relax now, both from an entertainment standpoint or a financial view.
The most reasonable fight would be Jones vs Gus since cormier is injured, anything else would put them all on the sidelines for a while.

Rumble vs Jones makes more sense than anything at this point...with Gus vs DC to determine #1 contender.

People scoff at Rumble, but he has the best win at LHW, beating a Top 5 Phil Davis. While Gus and DC are beating up borderline Top 10 guys hoping for an easy road to the title shot.

Set it up.....Jones vs. Rumble and Gus vs. DC, and build up another contender over the next year.

I think it would be funny because who is Jones going to fight?

Back