How would you rate Saints Row 4 ?

i love all the SR games, I like the wrestling style combat and the player creator is fun.

I can understand people liking 3 but 2 did everything better and 4 implicitly toned it down by making it a Matrix parody instead of treating the dildo and thong bullshit as seriously as 3 did. Took a step back and laughed at everything as well as Mass Effect, which at that the time of the ME3 fuckup was hugely needed.

I don't get the hard-on for wanting to go back to 2's style, it's too close to GTA. The canon ending of Gat out of Hell recreates Earth and has the Saints as cops in an era out of a 70's cop show, which would be a cool change of pace, but the series had to evolve out of the GTA style and I'm glad it did.

I don't get the hard-on for wanting to go back to 2's style, it's too close to GTA. The canon ending of Gat out of Hell recreates Earth and has the Saints as cops in an era out of a 70's cop show, which would be a cool change of pace, but the series had to evolve out of the GTA style and I'm glad it did.

Saints Row 1&2 = Poor man's GTA

Saints Row 3&4 = Saints Row

Volition is no Rockstar, and for the franchise to thrive it absoutely had to seperate itself as far as possible from GTA because it was never going to do GTA as well as Rockstar does GTA. Saints Row is now it's own thing, and it's all the better for it.

I just finished this and returned it. Fucking garbage of a game. Same with 3.

2 was the best.

I dont want this series to continue.

I don't think the writers want that either. that whole 'earth is blown up' factor it gonna be tough to work around...

and yes, SR2 was the best of the bunch.

I can understand why people don't like SR4.
3 was the best of the series imo.

Original not just a GTA clone.

Back