How would you feel about Stipe vs. Ngannou 2?

DeeDubb

Gracie Online Black Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I feel like DC is holding up the division a bit right now, and if he gets his desire to fight Brock, it'll be quite a while before Stipe gets a chance at a rematch In the meantime, it might be good to let Stipe nip the Ngannou hype in the bud again. Sure, Stipe has everything to lose, but he likely won't get a title rematch for a while, so he has to do something. What do you guys think?

And if it did play out, has Ngannou learned enough to beat Stipe this time around? Will Ngannou get into his own head like he did against Lewis? Will Stipe win by repeating the same strategy?

"And if it did play out, has Ngannou learned enough to beat Stipe this time around? "

His two last fights lasted 30-50 seconds ... how the fuck do we know?
<36><36>

Yes I'd like to see it and your last paragraph is a large part of it. The first and third questions are ones I wouldn't mind seeing answered.

I think Ngo should be calling for that fight now and Stipe should take it to get back to relevance if he can win.

I mean

I’d watch it for sure
But I feel it would fuck with Francis’s head

DC is meant to have a back injury isn't he?
Too many people can still remember Stipe vs. Ngannou 1 for them to even think about a #2.

It'll need a lot longer and more than a combined 2 wins from Stipe and Ngannou since their first fight to justify running it again.

DC is meant to have a back injury isn't he?
Too many people can still remember Stipe vs. Ngannou 1 for them to even think about a #2.

It'll need a lot longer and more than a combined 2 wins from Stipe and Ngannou since their first fight to justify running it again.

I get that, but what other matchups make sense at the top of the HW division that don't involve DC?

Stipe dominated him not too long ago for 25 minutes. After the fight most of you Ngannou-hypetrain-victims were complaining about a boring fight.

Why would Ngannou deserve a rematch? I saw nothing in the first fight that makes me think he can win this fight.

Yeah makes sense. Ngannou has fought 3 times since Stipe last fought, Black Beast, Blaydes and Cain. Stipe needs to fight and get a win for another time shot, or Ngannou will over take him and deservedly so on the basis of actually fighting!.

too early, they can make Ngannou/Velasquez 2, so Velaquez will have chance to prove he lost because of knee

Hard fight for both.

Stipe HAS to take Francis into deep waters because there's no other way to beat him, you simply HAVE TO slow him down first. But Stipe is also a violent fella and he may be crazy enough to walk through Ngannou's punches and maybe knock him down / out. That would be a risky option.

The basic concept on how to beat Francis:
  • move your feet
  • move your head
  • good fucking luck
or in other words: stay outside, use your jab, don't get cornered and try to bait him to miss and then either counter or duck under, level change and take him down / grind

I feel like DC is holding up the division a bit right now, and if he gets his desire to fight Brock, it'll be quite a while before Stipe gets a chance at a rematch In the meantime, it might be good to let Stipe nip the Ngannou hype in the bud again. Sure, Stipe has everything to lose, but he likely won't get a title rematch for a while, so he has to do something. What do you guys think?

And if it did play out, has Ngannou learned enough to beat Stipe this time around? Will Ngannou get into his own head like he did against Lewis? Will Stipe win by repeating the same strategy?

Yes I think it would be the right match up for the division but the problem is neither Stipe or Francis will accept anything other than a title shot. Ariel asked them both about this and they said the same thing.

Stipe said he'll fight Francis after DC and Francis said he doesn't care he'll fight whoever has the title. Right now the ball is in DC's court and he has the choice of either Brock, Francis, or Stipe. The only way the UFC could make a Stipe Francis rematch is by offering huge money, but even then I think they are still both firm on fighting for the title

I think it needs to happen, to establish the true #1 contender. Stipe probably isn't going to get a title shot at this stage without another fight in between (and isn't getting any younger waiting around), and Ngannou deserves a chance to avenge his previous loss.

DC wont fight Stipe until he's fought Brock and Jones. Stipe needs to just move on for the time being and fight someone else.

I dont think they book Cain vs Ngannou 2 but if they do, I think Ngannou sleeps him in the first.

DC is retiring after the Brock fight. So it will most likely be Stipe vs Ngannou 2 for the vacant HW belt.

Stipe needs to get in there against someone / anyone at this point

Does almost seem like the fight to make. Funny how we went from Francis being the biggest bust ever to no one on the planet can beat him.

If Stipe wins again, knowing he might have to change it up, then he's the guy. If Francis can make the strategical changes to get that loss back and show he's got a head on his shoulders than he's the guy. I

Stipe needs to fight... He has really harmed his career ...,. I think by taking bad advice and sitting out.

He will face a top guy no matter what... Francis is a top guy.

If this is the fight they make... Great

If DC fights Brock it does seem the obvious choice, if Stipe rematchs DC then Naggnou vs JDS.

Back