How would you feel about Reyes winning after losing last 2 rounds?

So in 3 round fights is only the 3rd round that matters?

How do you feel when someone loses rounds 1 & 2, wins round 3, and loses a 29-28 decision? Happens all the time.

Maybe the corners should no longer tell their Fighter down 2 rounds that they need a round 3 finish because it's only the final round(s) that matter.

Personally, I was glad Jon won, even though I always want to see him lose. The reason being, it's a championship fight and if you clearly lose last 2 rounds, I would be bothered by the challenger to take the belt. I know fights are scored per round, but it just feel wrong for the challenger to be losing championship rounds clearly and taking the belt from the champion. You are not showing championship spirit if you are wilting in the championship rounds, that's it. You shouldn't be mad at the decision after that. I just wouldn't be able to see Reyes as real champion.
I felt 48:47 Jon, possibly Reyes winning first 3, but I'm not mad.
Sorry, but that's just a VERY stupid justification.
The fight is 5 rounds. If Reyes won 3 rounds and Jon 2, it doesn't matter that Jon won the last 2, the first 2 or alternate 2.
He won 2 rounds to 3 round won by Reyes.

Claiming that Reyes wouldn't be the champion just because he lost the last 2 is just asinine.

I would feel like the guy who won the first three rounds and lost the last two won the fight because he had it 3-2. Odd question.

Why odd? Don't you at least a little bit judge the fight as a whole? Judge it as "fight", not as a sporting contest? If you did, you would feel like as a fight, 2 last rounds are crucial, because it tells you where both fighters are at. If a guy wins 2 rounds and the other guy clearly won round 3 and has the rear naked choke sunk in the third round but the bell rings, you don't feel uneasy about giving the fight to fighter 2? As a sports contest, sure. But as a fight, the guy who took over the other half of the fight should have a nod. And this is precisely why I asked "how would you FEEL", but I'm sorry that a lot of people (not you) cannot read the question properly.

"He lost the last 2 out of the 5 rounds! Therefore, he lost the fight!"

What a moronic opinion.

Personally, I was glad Jon won, even though I always want to see him lose. The reason being, it's a championship fight and if you clearly lose last 2 rounds, I would be bothered by the challenger to take the belt. I know fights are scored per round, but it just feel wrong for the challenger to be losing championship rounds clearly and taking the belt from the champion. You are not showing championship spirit if you are wilting in the championship rounds, that's it. You shouldn't be mad at the decision after that. I just wouldn't be able to see Reyes as real champion.
I felt 48:47 Jon, possibly Reyes winning first 3, but I'm not mad.
How would you feel about a football team scoring more points but losing the game this is a stupid question a round is a round. Why should ending cardio score more than early pressure

I would feel that it was a win well earned.

The game is scored around rounds won. The guy who won the more rounds wins the fight. Those are the rules. Your thread is fucking dumb.

Man, learn how to read with understanding. Did I say anything about guy not winning after winning 3 rounds? I said that I get it, it's scored per round. But I asked about overall FEELING of seeing a guy as a champion if clearly lost 2 championship rounds, last rounds are not more important in today's scoring and I know that. But it tells you who was better at the end of the fight, which is how you would judge a fight, not a sports contest.

Man, learn how to read with understanding. Did I say anything about guy not winning after winning 3 rounds? I said that I get it, it's scored per round. But I asked about overall FEELING of seeing a guy as a champion if clearly lost 2 championship rounds, last rounds are not more important in today's scoring and I know that. But it tells you who was better at the end of the fight, which is how you would judge a fight, not a sports contest.

I don't give a shit about your subjective feelings or feelings of others.

What? If it’s scored by rounds and you win more rounds you win the fight, shouldn’t matter what rounds. I’d feel bothered with a champ keeping the belt because he can’t win more rounds, which is the actual rules.

So, by this logic, if jones won the first 3 rounds but Reyes won the last 2 you’d be good with Reyes getting the belt?

Good question. If Reyes clearly won the last 2 rounds and Jon faded, I would not mind him getting the belt, yes. I know it wouldn't be scored like this and I know by current rules I shouldn't give it to the guy who won last 2 rounds, but I do feel that last rounds are more important than first rounds, if you judge a fight as a fight, not a sports contest.

Sorry, but that's just a VERY stupid justification.
The fight is 5 rounds. If Reyes won 3 rounds and Jon 2, it doesn't matter that Jon won the last 2, the first 2 or alternate 2.
He won 2 rounds to 3 round won by Reyes.

Claiming that Reyes wouldn't be the champion just because he lost the last 2 is just asinine.

I don't know why you guys tell me that I don't know how rules work. I said I know that judging a fight is on "per round" basis and I know if someone wins 3:2 he should win the fight by current rules. I wish you guys read it with more understanding what I wrote. I wrote about the "feeling" of giving a guy the fight if he lose 2 championship rounds. Never did I say that I don't know how the fight is scored.

UNACCEPTABLE. You can't lose the last round and then claim you won the fight. This is should NEVER be allowed. I have been pretty consistent with this opinion.

If you lose the last round, the best you should get is a draw and the worst a loss. If you the last round the best you should get is a win and the worst is a loss.

The whole point of MMA is to simulate a real fight. In a real fight, the bell doesn't ring, and it doesn't matter what you did before. If the person who was "losing" catches you or dominates you in the last phase of the fight, everybody watching the fight is going to call that person who finished on top as the winner.

MMA should be a sport trying to simulate real hand-to-hand combat. Therefore, the fight should be heavily weighted in favor of the later rounds. My round scoring criteria for a 5 round fight would be the following: Round 5 is worth 50% of the fight, Round 4 is worth 25%, Round 3 should be 12.5% of the fight and Round 2 and Round 1 will be equally worth 6.25% of the fight.

This type of scoring will force fighters to fight till the end if they want to win, because they will have to win the final round to win. The winner of Round 5 at worse gets a draw and at best gets the win.

If it were a fight to the death, the guy finishing strong would appear to be favourite for the kill.

I can agree with you there.

I feel the scoring should be more like pride, based on the whole. And Reyes did not act like a champion there.

So not that mad he lost. But under the current scoring system and rules I feel he did win 3 of 5 rounds so probably deserved to get the nod.

But at the same time you have to show who is the king.

That's a problem with the 10pt, round by round, system. Not this fight per se but how many times have we seen guys win a fight by barely winning rounds with little action and they get their shit pushed in in the 3rd?

This is seriously the dumbest logic

It's like if a soccer team score 2 goals in the first 20 minutes but concede 1 in the other 70 and people complain that it's not fair

Why odd? Don't you at least a little bit judge the fight as a whole? Judge it as "fight", not as a sporting contest? If you did, you would feel like as a fight, 2 last rounds are crucial, because it tells you where both fighters are at. If a guy wins 2 rounds and the other guy clearly won round 3 and has the rear naked choke sunk in the third round but the bell rings, you don't feel uneasy about giving the fight to fighter 2? As a sports contest, sure. But as a fight, the guy who took over the other half of the fight should have a nod. And this is precisely why I asked "how would you FEEL", but I'm sorry that a lot of people (not you) cannot read the question properly.

I see your point. But for me this really is just a form of athletic competition so my feeling does not differ from my rational understanding. This sport only exists because there are certain rules in place and both fighters agree to compete under these rules. This is why people don't just brawl but actually gameplan and do stuff like a takedown attempt or a flying knee in the last 10 seconds of a close round.

But I will give you that I would not have called it an impressive performance and the begin of the Reyes era, had things played out the way you described.

Back