How would you feel about Reyes winning after losing last 2 rounds?

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Personally, I was glad Jon won, even though I always want to see him lose. The reason being, it's a championship fight and if you clearly lose last 2 rounds, I would be bothered by the challenger to take the belt. I know fights are scored per round, but it just feel wrong for the challenger to be losing championship rounds clearly and taking the belt from the champion. You are not showing championship spirit if you are wilting in the championship rounds, that's it. You shouldn't be mad at the decision after that. I just wouldn't be able to see Reyes as real champion.
I felt 48:47 Jon, possibly Reyes winning first 3, but I'm not mad.

edit:// PEOPLE, please, learn to fucking read with understanding. I'm asking about "FEELING" of giving a championship fight to guy who lost last 2 rounds. It's judging a fight as a "fight", and not as a sports contest (ala Pride). I'm not an idiot, I understand how current rules work. I know that if a guy wins 3:2 he technically wins. Jesus people. Start to read with understanding, I know it's hard.

Last edited:
Championship rounds matter more than regular rounds. But Jones lost that fight.

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss threads and posts about Conor McGregor

Ridiculous. Where in the judging criteria does it state rd 4, and 5 are worth more than 1,2, and 3?

Absolute garbage.

I scored it for him

but I’m happy jones won

Weird

Never cared for the "you have to beat the champ" talk.

I had it 3-2 Reyes & feel that if a challenger wins three rounds then he's the champ regardless of which rounds he wins.

Jones nuthuggers have a whole 'nother level of delusion.

No round is worth any more or less than another. He won the 1st 3 pretty convincingly to me which is a win

Well
1) The round scoring system sucks and there should be just full-fight decisions
2) There should be frequent draws for close fights (maybe not for title fights, though)
3) But, since we don't have either of those, the guy who won 3 rounds deserves it more than the guy who won 2 rounds

I would feel like the guy who won the first three rounds and lost the last two won the fight because he had it 3-2. Odd question.

I could only explain how I’d be feeling if he won after losing the last 2 rounds.

The game is scored around rounds won. The guy who won the more rounds wins the fight. Those are the rules. Your thread is fucking dumb.

What? If it’s scored by rounds and you win more rounds you win the fight, shouldn’t matter what rounds. I’d feel bothered with a champ keeping the belt because he can’t win more rounds, which is the actual rules.

So, by this logic, if jones won the first 3 rounds but Reyes won the last 2 you’d be good with Reyes getting the belt?

Championship rounds matter more than regular rounds. But Jones lost that fight.

Officially they don't. And nothing too major happened in the 5th. People are acting as if Jon completely destroyed, when in fact it was still pretty close and all he had over Reyes was an irrelevant TD that did nothing and a handful of more strikes landed. Reyes still landed a few good strikes.

Anyway, if Reyes was declared the winner, i would be ok with it because he did win the fight. But because of corruption and incompetence Jon is never going to lose a fight unless he gets KO'd. And even if he does probably someone comes up with some BS exemption saying Jon is allowed to take a nap in the mid of the fight for whatever scientifc reason. He won't lose, regardless of what happens.

tenor.gif

I'd feel fine considering he won 3 rounds. Am I supposed to have amnesia and forget the dominance shown in the 1st round after I watch the 5th? Reyes was the only one in their striking with intent, attempting to finish the fight multiple times, and he gassed himself by having a heavy output of offense in rounds 1 2 3. Jones was not tired by round 4 because he didn't do shit in rounds 1 2 3, he started to take over from there.

That still equates to losing 3 rounds to 2, when the fuck did it become WHICH rounds you win and not HOW MANY rounds you win???

Rounds are worth 10 points each. Doesn't matter the number in front of them. Reyes won 3 rounds, Jones won 2. That's all you need to know. ;)

Would've thought "Great, that's how a fight should be judged" (assuming I felt he won the first 3)

But I can totally see your point. People argue whoever ends the fight with clear momentum is the one who "would've won had the fight been allowed to continue". It's important to disregard those thoughts.

In fights where one guy is badly beaten in round 5 and is saved from the brink of death by the toll of the bell I can see the point.
But this wasn't the case with Reyes.

Ridiculous. Where in the judging criteria does it state rd 4, and 5 are worth more than 1,2, and 3?

Absolute garbage.

Did I say somewhere it said so?

If the first 3 aren’t going to count why bother fighting the first 3 rounds.......just let them pull up two chairs in the cage and have a staring contest until round 4 starts.

Absolute garbage.

the funny thing is I actually wouldn't be opposed to the last round mattering more on scoring criteria

but it fucking isn't so people need to stop acting like it is

Back