How would you fare where u live if there was a 24 HOUR global purge rn

you'll get wrekt by groups of ppl with baseball bats who want to simply destroy all cars they find

I think people will do that as they're walking in the streets (I could be wrong) but I doubt many people would waste a "free crime" day just roaming (what they'd assume to be empty) parking lots. And if someone does, I'd make sure it'd be a large enough lot that they'd be statistically unlikely to stumble on me.

I wonder if everyone would turn "evil" and it would be pure anarchy or if people would protect each other. I have guns but wouldn't stand a chance against a group of people. However if neighbors banded together they'd be totally fine.

There's no such thing as "evil", that's a Judeochristian myth.
There's just humanity, more or less good or bad, motivated by base instincts.
Society would just revert to the pre-modern period like middle ages or antiquity. And in those times its not like people were running around raping & killing each other.

Sure, there'd initially be a period of raping & killing, but eventually natural selection would do its work and the stronger would come out on top and guarantee security for the rest of the population, eliminating the criminals. A strong patriarchal figure would rule the land & people, and guarantee security.

We'd probably revert to medieval law where stealing got your hand chopped off and raping/murdering would get you thrown in a dungeon, tortured, and publicly decapitated.

I would go on a fucking rampage:
-cross outside the zebra
-leave the toilet seat up
-park on a disable slot
-take 11 items to the "10 items " at the supermarket
-eat a cookie 6 seconds after it fell on the floor
-sandals with socks

I live in a densely populated city of about 500,000 people my section of the city has 50,000 of them in a 2 mile square section. my part of the city also considered one of the worst parts of the city so a lot of illegal weapons here and gangsters/criminals. I would have to kill like 1000 of them before I could get to the L.A river and possibly boat my way into the Pacific ocean and wait out the 24 hours but this is assuming the other people on boats don't turn pirate or murderous too but my odds are better in the big ass pacific ocean I could sail for hours before being caught by marauders.

I live in a densely populated city of about 500,000 people my section of the city has 50,000 of them in a 2 mile square section. my part of the city also considered one of the worst parts of the city so a lot of illegal weapons here and gangsters/criminals. I would have to kill like 1000 of them before I could get to the L.A river and possibly boat my way into the Pacific ocean and wait out the 24 hours but this is assuming there other people on boats don't turn pirate or murderous too but my odds are better in the big ass pacific ocean I could sail for hours before being caught by marauders.

You don't think every other asshole on earth is trying to sail away from this too?

PS: if you guys are into gaming, I definitely recommend you play this old school gem:
Gothic-Title-Screen.jpg

Yeah it's old but it's gold. Developed by German dev without political correctness. Basically you're a prisoner thrown into a prison that's basically gone amok, killed the guards, divided into factions, etc. If you want to experience human behavior in a chaos situation, this is perfect.

I wonder if everyone would turn "evil" and it would be pure anarchy or if people would protect each other. I have guns but wouldn't stand a chance against a group of people. However if neighbors banded together they'd be totally fine.

That's a good question.

So it begs the question "are laws the only thing keeping us in check?"

I think all civilizations start like The Walking Dead. Groups of people come together to share resources and work together, those groups also stick close to protect themselves from threats of other groups + animals. As they grow some form of social hierarchy (government) forms. Warriors emerge to protect the women and children, etc.
That's the same way gangs start.

Since people know The Purge is a temporary thing, I wonder if they'll stick to the group together and protect model or just go nuts knowing they have a civilized society to return to the next morning.

Wow this convo escalated quickly

Hey guys I saw that trailer for purge movie - looks dumb

but I got to thinking if it was globlal we all live in different places

maybe you live in a farm of the most dangerous city

But I live in a quaint Canadian town

The purgre in my area would prolly be like my neighbour coming over and being like

HEY!

And I'll be like .... yeah

And he's like "Remember that extention cord I borrowed?

yah I do

"well I'm not returning it"

:eek:

"sorry"

I'd be like cool no worries

Then we slather maple syrup on each other and play hockey

I'm surrounded by active duty or retired cops so I don't have a clue what that would look like. Either a snoozefest or total unmitigated mayhem. Got me a hatchet tho.

Wait I thought it said at first what if the purge lasted forever. Can't handle more than 24 hours peasants?
NABr7f0.gif

I've been preparing for the Z apocalypse my whole goddamned life.

I'd have to kill my neighbor the second it starts. They've done some weird shit in the past. Mom thinks she's a gangster trying to fight kids in the neighborhood. She's a 350lbs and not altogether there. Her oldest looks like a school shooter and seems to have mental health issues also.

You don't think every other asshole on earth is trying to sail away from this too?
I know most people here don't have boats or maritime expertise I could outmanuver them easily on a boat and the people that generally own boats are less scumbaggy and degenerate so in a purge situation they might be less murderous my other shittier alternative would be to fight a guerrilla warfare ground battle armed with just my p226 and maybe a shotgun in a very populated area fleeing to the ocean would be a better option for 24 hrs, I could also flee to the mountains or desert but I suspect I would get intercepted there by the purgers.

I'd have to kill my neighbor the second it starts. They've done some weird shit in the past. Mom thinks she's a gangster trying to fight kids in the neighborhood. She's a 350lbs and not altogether there. Her oldest looks like a school shooter and seems to have mental health issues also.

Interesting

How would time be told?

Is there a large bell to begin - I never saw the movie

Or is it look at your phone and wait for 11:59 to turn to 12:00

WAIT DON'T START YET MY WATCH STILL SAYS 11:59

I know most people here don't have boats or maritime expertise I could outmanuver them easily on a boat and the people that generally own boats are less scumbaggy and degenerate so in a purge situation they might be less murderous my other shittier alternative would be to fight a guerrilla warfare ground battle armed with just my p226 and maybe a shotgun in a very populated area fleeing to the ocean would be a better option for 24 hrs, I could also flee to the mountains or desert but I suspect I would get intercepted there by the purgers.

Did you know the actor who played the red power ranger killed people on a yacht?

Look it up

I have a VEPR12 semi automatic 12 gauge shotgun with a 30 round drum magazine. I think that would work really well for home security during a Purge. I would stay home during a Purge and not go out.

Did you know the actor who played the red power ranger killed people on a yacht?

Look it up
he wasn't the owner of the yacht he was trying to rob them.

"2008 Skylar Deleon, who once appeared as an uncredited extra on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, was convictedof murdering three people—a man he met in jail and a couple—in order to steal some money and a yacht"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back