How would you describe the atmosphere of the Sherdog forum?

It's like the inside of an asshole .. pretty shitty.

It's pretty chill.

Day or Night Festival, at a tented public park, with a bar around the side, and some hidden rooms.

Sherdog feels like when you've been sick for 3 days and haven't showered or brushed your teeth and you have to go to the store to buy smokes and you run into your hottest ex girlfriend there and she's looking awesome and you're wearing flip flops and have a booger hanging out of your nose.

probably describe as

qZL1t.jpg

Of the whole forum? Probably like some High School, many rooms (forums), many students (posters), grades (belt), a varsity team (plats), hall monitors (mods).

You guys should post on some offshoots and I guarantee your attitude of this site will change.

Better yet go post in misc on bodybuilding forums... You'll think this place is the greatest thing since the internet was invented.

Its ok. But its not as fun to post as it used to be; too many bans, OT deactivated then brought back to life and hidden, less people posting than there used to be.

It is what it is.

A yogurt spoon someone continually licks clean but never ever washes.

It's the perfect storm of disgruntled DMV employees and full blown AIDS

its like a box of chocolates, hard on the outside but soft on the inside

I'd say it is something like the atmo at the end of a long party.
Mostly bitter. Needy. Kind of sad, at times. Laughable, though.

Agree with this, lot of negativity, drama.

Every time I log into Sherdog - its like walking into a Dive Bar at 2 in the afternoon and pulling up to the bar next to that old 40+ drunk drinking away his problems ..talking about how shitty this and that is.

Love it.

I don't take this place all that seriously, so for the most part this place is fine. I usually stay away from obvious troll threads.:)

The Good:

- a very small minority of very cool intelligent, and witty posters
- some really good amateur comedians on here

The Bad:

- extremely ignorant when it comes to other cultures
- very ethnocentric and racist vibe on here, WN's are basically taking over the site and make up a good percentage of the posters now.
- very immature, callous and aggressive attitudes. Not many critical thinkers here, people take a particular stance on a subject and stick to it, hard to have any kind of real discussion.
- too many people think they are amateur comedians on here.
- Very sexist, chauvinistic, angry and frustrated men dominate this forum.

Culture here is diverse and curious. It truly has a wide variety of personalities, good bad and apathetic. I find it often entertaining and occasionally pathetic. All in all its what I'd think a bowling alley/pool hall is like somewhere without enough women.

It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from going under.

Broken glass everywhere
People pissin' on the stairs, you know they just don't care
I can't take the smell, can't take the noise
Got no money to move out, I guess I got no choice
Rats in the front room, roaches in the back
Junkies in the alley with the baseball bat
I tried to get away but I couldn't get far
Cause a man with a tow truck repossessed my car

OT: the atmosphere here is ok. It's chill. Mayberry & Pictures are my favourite forum. The heavies can be a bit frustrating with noobs posting stupid threads like "omg connor bought a new watch!!!" "Rhonda makes more that boxer..." sigh. It's also hard to get a serious discussion there sometimes.

This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. It's like there was never anything here but jungle.

This place is considerably preferable to other forums I have been on...
If you don't believe me look around and see what is out there.
A good forum is hard to find.
I am very happy to be back posting here.

Like a bunch of people who are constantly surprised and unable to believe anything that happens to dispute it over and over again and dwell on the most pointless aspects of things over and over.

People pretending they have better lives than they actually have basically.
None of us would even look at this forum if our lives were that great, let's be honest!

Like that of an Iraqui immigrant family in Seine-Saint-Denis, when they sit down to have dinner and one of the 7 sons admits that he's gay and the mother's burka catches fire when she grazes a candle recoiling in shock.

Depends who's around a particular thread. I've come across some really nice people on here, and I've come across some assholes that want to talk shit, rather than discuss. Which is fine, as long as they're willing to take it, as well. This place has the atmosphere, where, no matter how long the peace lasts, there's always going to be a troll/flamer/dick that wants to throw a tantrum. I like it here.

Like an office chair whose cushions have absorbed the miasma of 15 years of farts.

Back