How would you compare Jon/Reyes to Cruz/Cody?

Linelo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
FreshHeftyAmericancurl-small.gif

f059dba650ddb2a027f76b76b5f6e9a8.gif

ZigzagTidyHart-size_restricted.gif

ugBYvTc.gif

Jon 25-1 vs Reyes 12-0

Cruz 22-1 vs Cody 11-0

Which performance was more surprising? Which one would you say was more dominant? Do you believe that Reyes being unable to put Jones in danger of a finish was the missing piece to have the judges give him key rounds?

They both had the reigning champ outland the challenger overall but the challenger had the more impactful shots.

Cruz getting the nod would've been a robbery. He suffered much worse damage than Jones, dropped 3 times, split open, and outwrestled.

Mulling over last night made me think back to that fight. When you're a long standing #1 in your division, you have guys not only training to get better but also specifically to beat you down the line.

Let’s compare this to Fedor vs Zulu while we are at it

Cody decisively won. There wasn't much of a debate about that fight. Jones/Reyes was close. It could've gone either way and people would've protested it.

Jones vs Reyes is more comparable to Jones vs Gus 1 to me.

Damn near the exact same type of challenge, eventually come back and post fight fallout. Reyes did slightly better than Gus though

Jones vs Reyes is more comparable to Jones vs Gus 1 to me.

Damn near the exact same type of challenge, eventually come back and post fight fallout. Reyes did slightly better than Gus though
Seriously? Lol the Gus fight was a lot closer

There was no debate whether Cody won or not. There's plenty of debate on here if Reyes pulled off the win.

Back