How would u do rolling with Kimbo

I'm a 19 yr old blue, 157 lbs....I think I could tap him. If it were in a gym rolling with no time limit I guarantee it. It would take me a little while bc he's so strong but once I get the sweep it's game over. He is a 3 stripe white belt at best.

Brown Belt with 4 stripes. I'm 160. I constantly roll with bigger guys up to 350lbs.

In a submission only 5 minute match - I have no doubts I would tap him with gi or without. None...

damn...nice man. How old are you if you dont mind me askin?

does kimbo still do challange matches? im about to email him this thread...seems a lot of people over here are a bit over-confident.

How do u think you would do rolling with Kimbo for 5 min. I am no pro figher but I think i would have a chance at catching him. To me his grappling looked far below a blue belt level. Dont get me wrong it would end up dead in a mma match. but gi or nogi they would both be fun to try. I would try to take his back and go to work.

How do u think u would do? how long have u been training?
i bet everyone here would be mauled and tapped out by kimbo

i bet everyone here would be mauled and tapped out by kimbo

i dont know if everyone would be tapped, but i luagh when a bunch of white and blue belts say they would tap out a pro mma fighter whos a solid 240 lbs of muscle and has been training grappling probobly for the past year or two, he didnt look good against thompson, but thompson is huge and kimbo outmuscled him a couple of times...hed prolly outmuscle any average 170 lb blue belt.

i was joking about emailing kimbo the thread, but it is kindof funny since kimbo is known to take internet challanges seriously, and it would be funny if he called some of the posters out

btw, i dont like kimbo, but this thread is just beyond dumb

if we were the same size, I would beat him.

bulls#it.

you fools swear you are so good. i bet none of you can stand a chance against kimbo.

i dont know if everyone would be tapped, but i luagh when a bunch of white and blue belts say they would tap out a pro mma fighter whos a solid 240 lbs of muscle and has been training grappling probobly for the past year or two, he didnt look good against thompson, but thompson is huge and kimbo outmuscled him a couple of times...hed prolly outmuscle any average 170 lb blue belt.

i was joking about emailing kimbo the thread, but it is kindof funny since kimbo is known to take internet challanges seriously, and it would be funny if he called some of the posters out

I would never challenge him to a bare knuckle boxing match.

But C-Shooto rules, BJJ, sub wrestling rules I'd have a shot at least.

Full MMA? I'd have to get real lucky with my first takedown.

I would crush him, see him driven before me, and hear the lamentations of his women

I could tap him with a gogoplata.... I think thats what it's called

Simply too big and strong for me. He would stack the hell out of my armbar attempt and his beard would limit any choke effectiveness. Wish I could say otherwsie. His MMA-BJJ for the gabillionith time was horrendous, left open legs while JT had a free ride to mount and never took advantage.

I totally agree here. Kimbo looked like he has done 3 or 4 group BJJ classes and not much more. Strength matters and he is lucky he has some. BTW, what kind of pitter patter elbows were those by JT?

Kimbo grapples at a white belt level. About 18 months of grappling experience with Bas Ruten as head trainer, starting at 32 yoa. That is why people think they have a chance against him. Yea, he's strong. But he isn't quick, doesn't have good hips, doesn't have good balance, doesn't have good cardio, and doesn't have any experience. Experienced and competitive blue belts and purple belts - even if they are 70 pounds lighter - SHOULD be able to hold their own and even get the better of someone like Kimbo Slice. You act like his 'professional' status somehow makes him a better grappler. It doesn't. Many of us train with plenty of serious athletes and/or professional fighters (many of whom are more experienced and more skilled than Kimbo, just lacking the marketing machine behind them), and so many of us know exactly how and what we can do against larger guys who fight for a living but who have obvious holes in their grappling.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that my 15 years of competitive grappling experience gives a lot of the bigger fighters at my gym plenty of trouble. I out-wrestle them, then when they're on their backs, I out-grapple, out-quick, and outwork them. Would I beat Kimbo? I don't know - never grappled with him or anyone who has. But I know what my gameplan would be, and from my experience against similar guys, I believe I would have a good shot at beating him. And you can email that to him. It's nothing personal, I'm just far more experienced on the mats than he is, and believe I would come out on top.

I don't think I would win, but I would try.

Although it would be a bitch to give up 100+lbs and over a foot of height, lol!

A guy in my class is his size and me and him roll for fun, I can't get him in armbars, but he's not flexible enough to get around me wiggling out and getting him in a rear naked, lol.

I don't think I would win, but if it was straight wrestling/submission I could hold my own for a little while anyway, unless he just sit on me! ;)

I would be on my way to ICU if it were submission AND striking though! ;D

I'm a 19 yr old blue, 157 lbs....I think I could tap him. If it were in a gym rolling with no time limit I guarantee it. It would take me a little while bc he's so strong but once I get the sweep it's game over. He is a 3 stripe white belt at best.

Yeah, but he happens to outweigh your smallish blue belt self by 80 pounds or so and about 2x your muscle strength. I think some of you guys below purple belt level are slightly delusional about your ability to tap a guy that big and strong and ferocious.

QFT

Back