How would u do rolling with Kimbo

Applejack

Orange Belt
Reaction score
How do u think you would do rolling with Kimbo for 5 min. I am no pro figher but I think i would have a chance at catching him. To me his grappling looked far below a blue belt level. Dont get me wrong it would end up dead in a mma match. but gi or nogi they would both be fun to try. I would try to take his back and go to work.

How do u think u would do? how long have u been training?

How do u think you would do rolling with Kimbo for 5 min. I am no pro figher but I think i would have a chance at catching him. To me his grappling looked far below a blue belt level. Dont get me wrong it would end up dead in a mma match. but gi or nogi they would both be fun to try. I would try to take his back and go to work.

How do u think u would do? how long have u been training?

Gina would be a better match. that go go was sweet.

Simply too big and strong for me. He would stack the hell out of my armbar attempt and his beard would limit any choke effectiveness. Wish I could say otherwsie. His MMA-BJJ for the gabillionith time was horrendous, left open legs while JT had a free ride to mount and never took advantage.

Rolling with Kimbo would look like Gracies in Action Vol. 1 all over again.

Kimbo proved last night that he cannot hang with any top HYW...those single leg and double leg attempts could have been stuffed by a 10 yr old, yet he couldn't. Plus, Shamrock called the lack of hip movement.

I'd catch him. 6'4" 190. He's a big boy, don't get me wrong, but I'd catch him.

I have no doubt in my mind i could tap kimbo. and by no means am i a badass or anything. i just know his jits isnt up to par with mine.

oh yea blue belt, training 3 years

I can say this without any doubt or any arrogance... I would tap Kimbo out 100% of times

Any decent sub-wrestler can beat Kimbo.. I mean, the guy isn't the biggest HW (235). Get any wrestler with blue belt level and he'd bead Mr.Slice.. besides.. fucking JT was beating the shit out of him.. I love JT, but come on..

It would be triangle heaven since kimbo has like no upper body build....

I have been training for about 9 years. His skills are not that great but he has alot of strength. Unless you are a heavy weight or highly skilled he would be very hard to get with an arm bar or a triangle. I would try to work the ankles.

If he got on top and used his wieght and strength he could be hard to beat.

Now for all of the internet warriors who will say how the could pawn him.

In a match he'd probably be hard to take down and hard to submit.

I bet I could have a shot at taking him down with GI and a good shot at flipping him from guard both GI and NOGI.

I really doubt I could submit him from my back unless he's completely clueless on the ground.

From the top I think I'd pass pretty easily and go for the knee-on-belly to make him desperate.

Trained 5 years BTW.

I would try to take kimbo down with a single leg since his TD defense and balance suck, and would either 1) leglock off the takedown, which I'm pretty sure he won't be able to defend, 2) quickly pass to side control and give him the space to turn in + scramble to turtle from bottom, allowing me take his back by running around his head, or 3) again from side control, try to secure a quick armbar when he inevitably tries to bench press me (this would be the lowest percentage attack for someone my size). Pretty much the exact same things I do against the LHWs and HWs at my gym who fight in decent pro events but who are still developing submission skills.

Kimbo is a big MFer. I think it'd be hard for most of us to get him down since we're not 6'5 and 255 pounds like JT.

Well, I'm 6'2" and 290 and I've fought bigger and better grapplers than him before.

It wouldn't be easy but I'd have a shot at it.

Back