How would Tyron Woodley success be in the 185 division?

Dublin

Dont fear me
@Blue
Reaction score
He says he walks around at 205lbs he is big enough for the division even if hes a little short. Good wrestler and big power. I think he could shock a few people and do a lot of damage. Lets face it he would defeat bisping who is the current champ. What do you think?

I think he'd do OK, probably crack the top 10 but he loses to the elite. Even Mousasi would beat him.

tumblr_mqdhz1jhcv1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

He would encounter this man.

So no.

He'd be top 10. I don't know how he'd fair against guys like romero, rockhold, weidman, mousasi, jacare and even bisping, but I think he'd be a toss up against guys like whittaker and brunson and so forth.

He Ko's Bisping and becomes two division champ

He'd be ranked in the back end of the top 10. Probably with Brunson, Whittaker, and the others. Hard to see him beating a lot of the top 5, outside of maybe Bisping, and that isn't a given.

Reach matters way more than you think. He would not do well against the elite 185ers.

He'll have problems with the taller mws with a bigger reach but he has enough power to be a problem for anyone. Maybe he'll have better cardio without having to cut so much weight as well.

He says he walks around at 205lbs he is big enough for the division even if hes a little short. Good wrestler and big power. I think he could shock a few people and do a lot of damage. Lets face it he would defeat bisping who is the current champ. What do you think?

No, he absolutely wouldn't.

He would be at a huge reach, height, size disadvantage. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to win but it isn't ideal.

65667.jpg

Assuming he got a straight shot at Bisping while he still has the title, he could be champ there. But most of the top guys there would beat him. He has the same height and reach as Conor McGregor who's never missed weight at 145. Not sure how his power would translate up a weight class and it would be harder to take a shot in return.

He's just not long enough, if he went old school and really focused on his wrestling, I think he'd take all those guy down except for Yoel. Now taking down Jacare is a reall bad idea, but I'm confident he could get the takedown on Jacare late in the rounds, just enough to score but not enough time for Jacare to work.

He wouldn't beat the best guys like Anderson but he could beat pretty much everyone else in that division

He could maybe beat Moose and Bisping of the top guys but elite MW grapplers would be very rough for him.

Back