Salter - ?
Vanderford - ?
Eblen - ?
Costello - ?
Fabian - ?
Murtazaliev - ?
Yoel - ?
Shlemenko - ?

I added Yoel because I believe he will move back to 185 after his fight with Davis. Shlemenko as well since he is rumored to be on the Fedor card

Mousasi - ?
Tokov - ?
Salter - ?
Vanderford - ?
Eblen - ?
Costello - ?
Fabian - ?
Murtazaliev - ?
Yoel - ?
Shlemenko - ?

I added Yoel because I believe he will move back to 185 after his fight with Davis. Shlemenko as well since he is rumored to be on the Fedor card
Tokov, Vanderford, Eblen, Murtazaliev, Mousasi, Salter would all take Till down and finish him. Dana has constructed his divisions and the UFC in general to not have any very good wrestlers.

Yoel vs. Till would be a boring counterstriking display ala Yoel vs. Izzy. Who knows who wins.

Costello, Fabian, Shlemenko would all be close. But I think Costello takes it and Fabian and Shlemenko lose close bouts.

In regards to Brunson, don't be surprised if Dana let's him go if he loses a bout. He seems like the type of guy Dana hates, a top 5 guy who is good enough to derail his hype projects but isn't good enough or past his prime to actually compete for the title, ala Phil Davis, Ryan Bader, Corey Anderson, Yoel. He already derailed Kevin Holland and Edmen in wrestle fuck ways.

Last edited:
lol @ Salter beating him. I get that he had a bad night against Brunson, but he'd eat Salter for breakfast.

Tokov, Vanderford, Eblen, Murtazaliev, Mousasi, Salter would all take Till down and finish him. Dana has constructed his divisions and the UFC in general to not have any very good wrestlers.

Yoel vs. Till would be a boring counterstriking display ala Yoel vs. Izzy. Who knows who wins.

Costello, Fabian, Shlemenko would all be close. But I think Costello takes it and Fabian and Shlemenko lose close bouts.

In regards to Brunson, don't be surprised if Dana let's him go if he loses a bout. He seems like the type of guy Dana hates, a top 5 guy who is good enough to derail his hype projects but isn't good enough or past his prime to actually compete for the title, ala Phil Davis, Ryan Bader, Corey Anderson, Yoel. He already derailed Kevin Holland and Edmen in wrestle fuck ways.
Till vs van Steenis would be fun. Brunson is not a boring fighter for Dana to cut, though. He is just not Dana's favorite style of fighter.

Salter has good takedowns for 2 round max. If he doesn't get KOd in the third, I think he wins a 3 round bout.

Salter wouldn't do shit in terms of taking Till down. Everyone is in Till can't wrestle mode because he got taken down by one of the best wrestlers and most athletic wrestlers in the sport in Brunson. Those takedowns were finished with athleticism and drive, both things which Salter doesn't possess.

Salter wouldn't do shit in terms of taking Till down. Everyone is in Till can't wrestle mode because he got taken down by one of the best wrestlers and most athletic wrestlers in the sport in Brunson. Those takedowns were finished with athleticism and drive, both things which Salter doesn't possess.
Maybe I overextended with Salter, but I agree with all the other guys who would wrestle Till down

Mousasi - ?
Tokov - ?
Salter - ?
Vanderford - ?
Eblen - ?
Costello - ?
Fabian - ?
Murtazaliev - ?
Yoel - ?
Shlemenko - ?

UFC's MW division, like most of their divisions, is composed of primarily strikers. With the exception of Vettori, Brunson, Hermansson, and Muniz the entire division are strikers. Pretty much the opposite of Bellator who are all primarily grapplers. Mousasi, Tokov, Vanderford, Yoel, and Eblen all wipe the floor with him. van Steenis and Murtazaliev would be a toss up. Shlemenko, Edwards, and Salter would be beaten, IMO.

Maybe I overextended with Salter, but I agree with all the other guys who would wrestle Till down

I think it depends. Vanderford I think can if he can get into the clinch with him, but it's debatable whether he has enough on his feet to be able to get inside. Brunson has big power on the feet which means you have to be wary there, which I'm not sure is the case with Vanderford.

I think you're forgetting how easily Till dealt with Kelvin's takedown attempts and it's not like Kelvin is a shit wrestler.

Salter has a slim chance in the 1st round, IMO. I think he can get a takedown in the first before getting picked apart and fading. I would value Till at around -450 and Salter at +550.

Last edited:
Salter has a slim chance in the 1st round, IMO. I think he can get a takedown in the first before getting picked apart and fading. I would value Till at around -450 abd Salter at +550.

Yeah those odds are fair, it's not impossible that Salter wins but I think it's highly unlikely.

Salter is again a tiny MW so he could probably take down Till once but Salter has a 1 round gas tank. And he's much easier to get out from underneath because he is probably sub 190 pounds in the cage. Salter also has never really been a gnp guy. Till gets him out of there in the second.

I could see Mousasi, Vanderford, Tokov and Eblen beating him. Murtazaliev would beat him if he's allowed to dope and Till is not, I have a very low opinion of Murtazaliev, I think his technique is very mediocre, he uses his incredible strength to win fights and we know where that comes from since he already pissed hot...

I don't know if Yoel beats him only because I feel like at his age, Yoel's health is always a question mark by now. Personally, I want him to retire. I think Till beats Van Steenis, Edwards and Shipman, they are similar fighters but Till is the deluxe version, roughly speaking. They are a bit bigger, they have that going for them...

I think it depends. Vanderford I think can if he can get into the clinch with him, but it's debatable whether he has enough on his feet to be able to get inside. Brunson has big power on the feet which means you have to be wary there, which I'm not sure is the case with Vanderford.

I think you're forgetting how easily Till dealt with Kelvin's takedown attempts and it's not like Kelvin is a shit wrestler.
Vanderford is a much better grappler than Gastelum, though. Vanderford is a relentless high caliber grappler, nightmare for Till, actually.

Last edited:
I think Salter could beat Till. There, I said it. I lean Till, but not by that awful much. I think after a mediocre performance a few weeks back Salter gets underrated a little bit because of his limitations but is a tough match up for Till specifically. I think Till would settle into the top 5 range or so in Bellator beating guys like Van Steenis, Fabian, Shipman, certainly Ward etc. I think Ebelin would be a nightmare match up for him and would be able to do a lot of the things Brunson did to him yesterday. Vandeford I probably lean Austin by a little bit but not that much.

I saw someone on Reddit say he was too good for Bellator yesterday which is just kind of madness and clearly untrue.

Vanderford is a much better grappler than Gastelum, though. Vanderford is a relentless high caliber grappler, nightmare fir Till, actually.
Exactly. Vanderford is a good grappler in all respects, both wrestling and jiu jitsu.

Gastelum...I think he had one year wrestling at community college, he was ranked but didn't AA. Which is much better than nothing, but it is what it is, and he also has gone on to actively avoid using his wrestling in his fights for most of his career. While it's maybe not exactly as lopsided, it reminds me of Dan Hooker saying that he can beat Islam Makhachev because he beat Al Iaquinta...

Imagine where MW would be if it wasn’t for SF. It would probably look like how the UFC’s MW division looks right now. Bunch of strikers who can’t wrestle. That’s exactly why Brunson is still around. These guys are all overrated and can’t wrestle. But yes let’s keep falling for the “UFC is the highest level of mma” facade. I bet Eblen would be top 5 right now. Imagine what he would do to Til at only 9-0.

I think Salter could beat Till. There, I said it. I lean Till, but not by that awful much. I think after a mediocre performance a few weeks back Salter gets underrated a little bit because of his limitations but is a tough match up for Till specifically. I think Till would settle into the top 5 range or so in Bellator beating guys like Van Steenis, Fabian, Shipman, certainly Ward etc. I think Ebelin would be a nightmare match up for him and would be able to do a lot of the things Brunson did to him yesterday. Vandeford I probably lean Austin by a little bit but not that much.

I saw someone on Reddit say he was too good for Bellator yesterday which is just kind of madness and clearly untrue.
Till is overrated. The truth is we don’t know how good this UFC MW division is because they let Mousasi go. The UFC played a dangerous game giving Bisping the short notice shot and now their division lacks any credibility. GSP vacated and Whitaker was dropped multiple times into a questionable decision win over Romero. Then you have Adesanya not doing anything and retaining vs Yoel. Bellator’s MW division is superior imo. Lol @ Til being too good for Bellator. UFC casuals should do stand up comedy.

Those are the same people who repeat the same joke ala "Oh I started training last week so I am now Bellator champ". Tons of UFC guys are overrated, especially the UK fighters who talk smack, but alas. Jack Shore for example doesn't have the brash personality so he isn't getting the UFC hype job

Imagine where MW would be if it wasn’t for SF. It would probably look like how the UFC’s MW division looks right now. Bunch of strikers who can’t wrestle. That’s exactly why Brunson is still around. These guys are all overrated and can’t wrestle. But yes let’s keep falling for the “UFC is the highest level of mma” facade. I bet Eblen would be top 5 right now. Imagine what he would do to Til at only 9-0.

Honestly I wish Till got dropped by the UFC and signed to Bellator so someone like Eblen could wreck him. But it wouldn't matter to UFC shills because if he got dropped, he would automatically become "washed" and "a can". Till is still running high off that Wonderboy win, which Wonderboy was running off the hype of his bouts against Woodley, who even then was tentative.

Eblen is good and has a lot of the same strengths that Brunson has, but his best win is Taylor Johnson so it's difficult to say how good he really is until he comes up against someone half decent. He passes the eye test for sure though.

Back