How would things gone if Brock fought HMC ?s

I dont know, I think if Lesnar shot on him and took him down it would be game over for Choi. Choi while big, and presurgery choi was still pretty decent skillwise, he wasnt that amazing in a lot of aspects. I mean his first 6 fights where all against pretty bad competition in kickboxing until he fought bonjasky. Also the fight would have been around 2008 when he started losing quite a bit. I mean his K1 title was won beating 2 sumos and a 170lb thai...sooooo I think its meaningless.

Brock would likely have rushed got a takedown, GnP finish. I am not a huge Lesnar fan but he won the UFC title and defended it, and did incredibly well for being so green.

Dear Leader is that you??? Is it really you? You are absolutely correct and right and put everything perfectly. I am Pyongyang citizen and member of Workers Party please forgive me for using internet but it is only for the researching sport on Sherdog I do not read Western propaganda about our Workerks paradise.

Please do not send me to camp for this Dear Leader, not that such places exist.
I find your posting on sherdog commendable and glorious. Carry on comrade.

Mir was 245 pounds, he certainly wasn't small. And Brock just mauled him in their second fight.

Corture was the heavyweight champion. Undisputed. He had beaten a guy, in his prior fight, that was taller than Brock and had to cut from near 300 pounds in Gabriel Gonzaga and before that, Tim Sylvia. Size clearly wasn't the most important factor in that fight. Corture beat guys that were big and was the champ for a reason. Simply put, Brock was the better fighter on that night. You can't bring in-fight mistakes to delegitmize a victory because then you'd have to delegitimise virtually all victories in the MMA

Exactly, Brock was 265, he way outweighed Mir. HIs strategy was to maul guys, that were lighter and weaker and not as good wrestlers, that worked briefly till everyone figured out he was strong but one trick pony.

I don't think he could have taken down HMC, it'd have become a standing war and Brock would have lost.[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly claiming 20 pound weight advantages in HW MMA are rare? That is no excuse for the fact that Brock destroyed Mir in their second fight.

Brock would have taken Choi down as quickly as he took Mir down, is my guess. Then Donkey Kong time.

Choi would have had a chance to get one or two good strikes in as Brock approached.

Easy victory for Brock I think, he takes him down and TKO's him in the first or second round. HMC never had good submissions and the only takedown defence I ever saw him really show was against a half-ass fedor throw attempt.

Exactly, Brock was 265, he way outweighed Mir. HIs strategy was to maul guys, that were lighter and weaker and not as good wrestlers, that worked briefly till everyone figured out he was strong but one trick pony.

I don't think he could have taken down HMC, it'd have become a standing war and Brock would have lost.

Are you honestly claiming 20 pound weight advantages in HW MMA are rare? That is no excuse for the fact that Brock destroyed Mir in their second fight.[/QUOTE]

He was also beating Mir in their first fight. Mir was saved by the referee.

Choi only won in kickboxing fights, had nothing for mma

Are you talking about the same Hong Man Choi that was taken down and submitted by Minowa the middleweight? Brock destroys him easily.

I find your posting on sherdog commendable and glorious. Carry on comrade.

Oh thank you Dear Leader, you are truly the most highest rank and most smart of all sherdog.
Should received Big Honors and Medals.

Can i ask if you would please free my brother from Prison Camp #13 ? He was watching "Bloodsport"
and the authorities found out but this is not Western propaganda film it is Martial Art Van Damme. Dear Leader can you let him out please?

Brock would have taken Choi down as quickly as he took Mir down, is my guess. Then Donkey Kong time.

Choi would have had a chance to get one or two good strikes in as Brock approached.
Are you talking about the same Hong Man Choi that was taken down and submitted by Minowa the middleweight? Brock destroys him easily.

That was pre-op HMC, gigantism takes its toll eventually.

Choi has a wrestling background, weighed more, was bigger and wouldn't have been as susceptible as Mir (weighed less and weaker) or Coutire (40lbs less, 40 years old). Herrring, past his prime.

HMC beat Semmy Schilt and went the distance with quite a few top level kickboxers.

Instead Brock was given a guy on a 3 fight losting strike, the obese Min with a 3-7 Min record. Brock should not have even been given a contract after that one fight.

Its not just about ability but damage...guys have to survive damage to get to the top. Brock was fresh and fed custom tailored opponents.

I feel like this is subtly a thread to pump Fedor's tires for beating Hong Man Choi, even though Hong Man Choi has proven to be an awful MMA fighter.

Choi may have been bigger but Brock was infinitely quicker and probably just as strong if not stronger. Choi gets pounded out

That was pre-op HMC, gigantism takes its toll eventually.
Just another fighter bashing thread. He won the HW title and defended it twice. Nothing you say or do or make a bash thread about will change that. Your opinion means nothing as far as his career as a fighter goes. He did what he did and you can't change it no matter how much you try to put it down. It's a lot more than you'll ever do.

HMC was a decent standup fighter, but still quite slow. I think Brock's speed and TD ability would have seen HMC on his back pretty quickly. The rest would have been just a matter of time. HMC was fun to watch and he was pretty skilled for a man that large, but being that size definitely has some drawbacks.

Brock had nothing to offer in MMA, yet he won and defended the HW strap.

Plus how can you be fed the champ?
If the champ, like you, is a wrestler, only 50lbs lighter, in his mid-forties, and hasn't fought in a year-and-a-half. "Fed" is a strong word, though. But they knew Randy was a favorable matchup for rookie Brock.

Brock was clearly a better fighter, probably even at that point. But he had also never been punched in the face. And HMC had size/reach, was strong enough to negate Brock's strength, knew how to kickbox, and was used to getting hit. This fight would've essentially been a throwback to early UFC days, and could've gone either way. Although I would call Brock a favorite.

If the champ, like you, is a wrestler, only 50lbs lighter, in his mid-forties, and hasn't fought in a year-and-a-half. "Fed" is a strong word, though. But they knew Randy was a favorable matchup for rookie Brock.

Stylistically one of the best matchups for Brock at the time but it's not fair to Randy to act like he was a can for Brock to crush.

Stylistically one of the best matchups for Brock at the time but it's not fair to Randy to act like he was a can for Brock to crush.
Hence why I stated "fed" is a strong word. But yeah, stylistically the best matchup out of the top fighters in the division.

Back