How would things gone if Brock fought HMC ?s

He was a freakshow who was fed smaller and weaker opponents. He tapped to Reem's strikes didn't even get KO'd. That Cain loopsy cartwheel just showed how silly he was.

If he were a legit HW he wouldn't have ran back to Wrestling.

All the best HWs ever were smaller HWs (Fedor, Randy, Nog, JDS, Cain, Werdum). Being big like Brock has historically almost never been an advantage at HW. No matter what anyone says beating Randy, Mir and Carwin makes you a legit HW. He was not the best HW in the world but he was legit

Completely absurd commentary. If he didn't suffer a VERY serious illness the sky was the limit with him. Pre-illness the guy was rolling thru everyone. To say he's not a legit heavy just destroys your credibility. He'd be a legit HW with how thin that division is literally today.

Dana said the diverticulitis excuse was crap. He said Brock told him he was 110% in camp and fine. Then after he lost he blamed it all on his illness. Really dishonorable.

Even as early as Carwin and Couture it became noticeable he had no standup...unfortunately Carwin had no gas tank.

Brock himself said "I'm a wrestler not a fighter" that's why he quit. The flinching has NOTHING to do w his supposed disease problems.

All the best HWs ever were smaller HWs (Fedor, Randy, Nog, JDS, Cain, Werdum). Being big like Brock has historically almost never been an advantage at HW. No matter what anyone says beating Randy, Mir and Carwin makes you a legit HW. He was not the best HW in the world but he was legit

And where did Carwin end up? Couture had no good fights after that even and was past his prime: he beat Gonzaga who is like below gatekeeper even.

Mir was the only credible win but Mir is also known for making big mistakes.

And big speciments tend to do well for a few fights, guys like Bob Sapp and HMC come in and
demolish a few guys till their holes becomes apparent and it's over. Which is what happened w Brock.

Why are you still so upset about Lesnar equalling the record for title defences at HW?

He was a legit HW with some weaknesses in his stand-up, beat the champ in his 4th fight and successfully defended twice. He made a green mistake which he didn't repeat in his rematch with Mir, and losing to Cain and Ubereem is nothing to be ashamed of.

A little known fact about Hong Man Choi is he was a Korean wrestling (Ssireum) champion before entering K-1 and that's where he got the nickname "Techno Goliath" due to his celebratory antics:

2wbwys7.jpg

So he's not just all size, and has the grappling skill and experience to go with it. Fedor is a master grappler in his own right but still was unable to takedown Choi when he tried. Brock was shown to have trouble taking down fighters much smaller than Choi in the Octagon, and if he thought the punches of Velasquez were bad, Choi would absolutely crumble him, IMO. Those few peppering shots he hit Fedor with, made his face look like it just came out of a 3 round war.

Remember Brock's first fight wasn't supposed to be Min Son Kim, it was Hong Man Choi but the Choi had to have surgery and it was scrapped.

This may have changed history.

HMC was in his prime then, slow but a good kickboxer. More importantly he was a lot bigger than Brock and bullying him with weight and strength would not have been possible.

After a freak run, it was later exposed that besides good wrestling and strength Brock had little to offer in MMA and a flinch reflex which could not be helped.

I think he would have lost to HMC and then continued on the amateur circuit for a while.
83470255-brock-lesnar-and-hong-man-choi-gettyimages.jpg

Even newbie Brock would have dominated this guy with his wrestling. Brock was a legit wrestling champion long before he went professional wrestling/entertainment BS.

Brock only became "exposed" after multiple surgeries and near death experiences with diverticulitis. We'll never really know what he could have accomplished had he been able to stay healthy.

Taking an Uberknee is a game ender in normal situations. Taking one after multiple surgeries and while missing 1/2 your colon probably doesn't make it more enjoyable.

And where did Carwin end up? Couture had no good fights after that even and was past his prime: he beat Gonzaga who is like below gatekeeper even.

Mir was the only credible win but Mir is also known for making big mistakes.

You must really hate Lesnar to discredit all his opponents like this.

1. Carwin has some serious neck and back injuries and had to retire.
2. Couture was the HW champ when he fought Lesnar, and fought for 3 more years until Machida retired him.
3. Lesnar completely controlled the fight against Mir, history of "mistakes" or not. Lesnar lost the first fight to Mir with his own green mistake, which was standing in the middle ground where Mir could sub him. He was told to either keep his distance, or stay close where he could defend easily. We saw this mistake corrected in the rematch.

Taking an Uberknee is a game ender in normal situations. Taking one after multiple surgeries and while missing 1/2 your colon probably doesn't make it more enjoyable.

For sure. Even though Lesnar was classy and said everything went well in training and Overeem was a better fighter, few men would be fighting just 5 months after a life-saving surgery like that. Personally at the time I thought his return to the cage was rushed.

Brock haters are so stupid.
The dude had so much potential, and people in MMA have often said Brock would have been one of the greats if he went into MMA right outta college wrestling. He destroyed his body inside and out with the WWE, and we saw the last remnants of his power. His disease beat him. He should not have beaten Carwin but he is too damn tough. After that brutal 1st round, he got up and smiled a bloody-toothed smile at Carwin's corner, they knew they were fucked after that.
He should have retired after that fight. His body was never the same. Cain and Reem fought a shell of Brock.

True but Brock was 1-1 going into that fight with his sole victory beg over a can. He wasn't being protected, rushed beyond belief to a title shot sure.
Hong Man Choi is not a good fighter, he's just huge. Brock is a very legit wrestler. Brock would've pounded him into the ground in a savage manner.

Damn. Had no idea this fight was supposed to happen.

Brock would have probably won... Choi is just a big freak where Brock at least had some skill :p

Brock may have had diverticulitis that fucked him up, but Choi had a fucking brain tumour or something. He was legit for a while , and a good wrestler too.

Compare 2005-2007 Choi to him since 2008/9 I think. After he had that tumour removed he was half the fighter...apparently it was pumping legal testosterone into his body.

Then
choihongman%20(5).jpg

Now
choihong.jpg

Last edited:
A little known fact about Hong Man Choi is he was a Korean wrestling (Ssireum) champion before entering K-1 and that's where he got the nickname "Techno Goliath" due to his celebratory antics:

2wbwys7.jpg

So he's not just all size, and has the grappling skill and experience to go with it. Fedor is a master grappler in his own right but still was unable to takedown Choi when he tried. Brock was shown to have trouble taking down fighters much smaller than Choi in the Octagon, and if he thought the punches of Velasquez were bad, Choi would absolutely crumble him, IMO. Those few peppering shots he hit Fedor with, made his face look like it just came out of a 3 round war.

Yeah I forgot about that. With that background, his kickboxing acumen AND size, I don't think Brock would have survived. He made a career on overpowering opponents. Even in wrestling he claimed he wasn't technical@ all just strong and not used to guys bigger than him.

ejtws8_th.gif

If he could F5 a great white shark, imagine what he could do to HMC.

Anyways, it would have been interesting to see how HMC's Korean wrestling would have been against Brock.

Lesnar was very green and Choi was prime. Lesnar hated being punches and was hopeless if he couldnt get the takedown. Choi was a Korean wrestling champion and was bigger than Brock. He would have stopped Brocks shot and then it would be Brock striking with a high level kickboxer. We all know how that went when he fought Overeem.

Pre surgery HMC was a 370lb dude with legit credentials that could hit hard. He wasn't the Giant Silva people are making him out to be in this thread. I'd favor Brock to get on top and pound out a win. But I don't think take down would come easy

Lesnar was very green and Choi was prime. Lesnar hated being punches and was hopeless if he couldnt get the takedown. Choi was a Korean wrestling champion and was bigger than Brock. He would have stopped Brocks shot and then it would be Brock striking with a high level kickboxer. We all know how that went when he fought Overeem.

Dear Leader is that you??? Is it really you? You are absolutely correct and right and put everything perfectly. I am Pyongyang citizen and member of Workers Party please forgive me for using internet but it is only for the researching sport on Sherdog I do not read Western propaganda about our Workerks paradise.

Please do not send me to camp for this Dear Leader, not that such places exist.

Choi Hong Man destroys Brock. Horrible match up for him.

Take down, side control, hammer fists fight over 36 seconds of the first round. Brock wins.

Back