how would the government and law enforcement react if superheros were real?

I think someone wrote a book on this but the name escapes me at the moment. I think its called something like "superheros and the law".

They would slowly revere them as a God until, the superhero gets pissed off enough with all of the attention and worship crap that he/she decides to go into hiding.. Then police and Govt would mark him as a terrorist and want to bring him in for experiments.. In that case, the said superhero would defend himself at all costs and probably end up waging a WW3 without even planning it.

The military might get interested very quickly. I'd imagine they wouldn't have too much trouble tracking spiderman like level heroes.

check out Garth Ennis' series The Boys for at least one perspective. One that i think really wouldn't be too much out of line. Or alternately George RR Martins Wild Card universe.
I feel both handle the super hero/super power issue in a realistic fashion, completely different but realistic both ways.

It'd be status quo most everywhere, since one superhero can only do so much. The government would be stupid to depend on one person to enforce the law for them lest they up and disappear and leave the police in the lurch.

They'd probably just deputize him and ask him to make sure he brings the perps to the lockup.

The military might get interested very quickly. I'd imagine they wouldn't have too much trouble tracking spiderman like level heroes.

Even a magneto level hero would be overpowered by the government and the full disposal of their armed forces, they could very well hunt him down with armies using wooden crossbows or something.
Always a weakness somewhere.

Even a magneto level hero would be overpowered by the government and the full disposal of their armed forces, they could very well hunt him down with armies using wooden crossbows or something.
Always a weakness somewhere.

:eek:

Most incantations of Magneto would Merc the armed forces. Some wouldn't but Ultimate Magneto would fo sho.

i don't know man, they're always destroying buildings and shit when they fight

if this the case, that superhero better be good at hiding his/her identity. Any collateral mistake the government would come after them

What was that Will Smith movie about that loser super hero?

No one cared.

You would have bleeding heart groups bitching about the superhero is violating rights/using excessive force/racial profiling.

The superhero should be spending his days in court fighting off law suits, and be broke within a year because some liberal judge in California would award some felon on welfare a billion dollars in damages.

the-amazing-spider-man-star-denis-leary_500x333.jpg

they don't treat me any different than the rest of you.

Garth Ennis's The Boys is based around that topic. The solution there was to create a team of their own, highly trained superhumans (each of whom had been affected by the actions of rogue 'superheros') in order to keep the rest in line.

boys_40_016-e1325125557104.jpg

983941889_4d099f2b34_o1.jpg

I would be stoked. Try and get them to move into the city I work in. Except they would probably generate a shit load of paperwork.

Although writing those reports would be entertaining as hell. "The suspect told the superhero to go screw himself. At that point the superhero escalated his level of force and energy blasted the suspect. Suspect was taken to the hospital by paramedics Officers documented the use of force and interviewed witnessess." Haha.

Back