How would Sean Sherk vs Jose Aldo have went?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This match up has always intrigued me. Aldo has been given fits by short wrestler with solid boxing (Edgar, Mendes,)...and Sean Sherk is pretty much a roided version of Chad Mendes...except 3x stronger. Strong as an ox, fast as hell, hung in there with a prime Matt Hughes, beat up Florian while Aldo cruised by him.

Don't give the ol "Aldo by UD" and call it a day. This is a pretty cool match up.

I remember Sherk eating a few solid knees to the face in his bout with Franca, his chin was solid. I feel like his overall basic striking combined with his short reach would lead to Aldo dancing around him pretty much all night. But at 155 Sherk was a beast, could just grab Aldo and run his ass across the cage lol.

Aldo would keep his distance and pick him apart.

Bad match up for Sherk. The fight game evolves fast and Aldo was the next crop of MMA talent.

Plus superb TDD and better striking.

Aldo would have won

This match up has always intrigued me. Aldo has been given fits by short wrestler with solid boxing (Edgar, Mendes,)...and Sean Sherk is pretty much a roided version of Chad Mendes...except 3x stronger.
How has aldo been given fits by short wrestlers with solid boxing he has beat them all.

Aldo via UD, or a check-knee. No-one, that size, can wrestlefuck Aldo. He'd just get his face mashed with straights, and his legs buckled by kicks.

Great question. Sherk was a beast. Sherk was so good that if you beat him, you were elite.

Oh, and dont forget Sherk would be a fw by todays standards, so not like he has a size advantage

Aldo by tko, Sherk gets stopped in the 3rd. He can't get a guy like Aldo down. Sherk won by getting you down and grinding. Penn was able to stuff takedowns, pick strikes and dominate Sherk. Aldo would hurt him.

Got to give credit to Sherk, though. 30 plus fights and he only lost to champions. Dude trained his ass off.

Mendes is I think a significantly better striker than Sherk ever was although Sean did likely have the better chin.

How has aldo been given fits by short wrestlers with solid boxing he has beat them all.
also Mendes was apparently a roided up version of Mendes.

WEC Aldo might get the stoppage. If Sherk can't score the takedown, he turns to boxing and he's in Aldo's world then.

Have you seen Aldo against wrestle-boxers? Especially when he carries a reach and speed advantage

Back