How would Saul Alvarez fare against the four kings?

huh?

I'd say he probably beats Duran
He loses to the rest
Hagler lost that fight to SRL. He came out fighting the first few rounds stupidly and SRLs 30 second flashes at each round stole alot of them.
I dont think that happens to Canelo, and I think Hagler wouldve pounded SRL if they ever had that rematch.
SRLs best days were in a lower weight class, and it was a 3 year removed SRL that came into the Middleweight division.
I think Canelo beats him. Canelo also beats Duran, loses to Hagler, and Hearns is a toss up.

agree with all your breakdowns but IMO SRL and Duran both beat 154 Canelo (even when he was at his best at 154) fairly easily

Canelo wasn't the fighter at 154 that he has become at MW+, so it's possible. Duran was all over the place in his performances above WW. The guy who fought Hagler and Moore could definitely beat a 54 Canelo, though, and if Lara gave Canelo absolute hell, Leonard would beat that version of Canelo fairly comfortably, too.

50/50 with Hearns IMO. Easy to pick Hearns but if Canelo got inside on him he could do some good work.

lol 50/50 with Hearns when he arguably lost 2 decisions to a plodder like GGG and was getting outboxed by a broken down Kovalev who had nothing but a weak jab all fight? Hearns stops him. Too big, too fast, too much boxing skill. Terrible match for Canelo.

And some Muppets have him beating Sugar Ray? LOL christ.

Canelo beats Duran. Duran is to small and Canelo outboxes him.

Hearns beats him by Ko or the cards.

Hagler wins in a great fight but Hagler is to much.

Sugar Ray L outboxes him

The real question is Canelo vs The Hawk Julian Jackson and the punchers crew like Gerald McClellan and the others bad business for Canelo Jackson sleeps him and McClellan also.

The Hardest Puncher In Boxing History - Julian "The Hawk" Jackson
I am a Canelo fan but Canelo goes to sleep Canelo goes to sleep against the Hawk.

Julian Jackson puts Hearns to sleep and Ray and Duran to sleep.

lol 50/50 with Hearns when he arguably lost 2 decisions to a plodder like GGG and was getting outboxed by a broken down Kovalev who had nothing but a weak jab all fight? Hearns stops him. Too big, too fast, too much boxing skill. Terrible match for Canelo.

And some Muppets have him beating Sugar Ray? LOL christ.
If Iran Barkley beats Hearns twice, then you're a fool to say Canelo has no shot.

Arguably = jack shit. Nothing you mentioned about Hearns has proven to be an issue for Canelo. Canelo wasn't hurt or in trouble against Golovkin once. He outboxed Jacobs. Walked down Kovalev.

Hearns isn't much like Golovkin anyway. Hearns was great and all but not every fight was a Duran/Hearns style blowout. He was often a methodical boxer/puncher. Look at Hearns vs Leonard or Benitez.

Not sure I can agree that a guy who has handled the biggest hitting middleweights and lightheavyweights punches without being visibly wobbled is getting flattened by anyone.

You're not overrating who Hearns was, IMO. You're just underrating what Canelo is.

If Iran Barkley beats Hearns twice, then you're a fool to say Canelo has no shot.

Oh so you are comparing a 6'1 brawler to a 5'7 low activity counter puncher boxer, and you think you know boxing?

Arguably = jack shit. Nothing you mentioned about Hearns has proven to be an issue for Canelo. Canelo wasn't hurt or in trouble against Golovkin once. He outboxed Jacobs. Walked down Kovalev.

Actually 'arguably' means very close fight and he has struggled his whole career with slick boxers, so you claiming nothing about Hearns has proven an issue is laughable. Most people had him losing the fight to a shot Kovalev who had nothing but a weak jab all night. Even if we are being generous it was a close fight, and you are talking about Hearns?

Hearns isn't much like Golovkin anyway. Hearns was great and all but not every fight was a Duran/Hearns style blowout. He was often a methodical boxer/puncher. Look at Hearns vs Leonard or Benitez.

Not sure I can agree that a guy who has handled the biggest hitting middleweights and lightheavyweights punches without being visibly wobbled is getting flattened by anyone.

You're not overrating who Hearns was, IMO. You're just underrating what Canelo is.

And Hearns was a far slicker boxer puncher than GGG. I'm not underrating Canelo, I watched his last fight, he looked mediocre against a shot fighter and stopping him when he ran out of gas doesn't change that. What exactly would he have for Hearns? He is a low activity flat footed counter puncher. He would be target practice.

Oh so you are comparing a 6'1 brawler to a 5'7 low activity counter puncher boxer, and you think you know boxing?

You compared a plodding headhunter to Hagler. Canelo is not strictly a counter puncher. Have you watched his fights or did you stop watching after the first Golovkin fight?

probably loses to leonard & hagler. i think he catches hearns circling within 6 and outboxes durán.

Hes a clown. Pay him no mind. Hes said this before and I posted countless gifs of him eating bombs and firing right back and he moves the goal posts.
canelo spent over half the fight bottled up against kovalev. canelo is boring as fuck when he fights someone that can punch, or haven't you noticed that?

Canelo beats Duran. Duran is to small and Canelo outboxes him.

Hearns beats him by Ko or the cards.

Hagler wins in a great fight but Hagler is to much.

Sugar Ray L outboxes him
canelo is a lot bigger, but duran is the far superior boxer. it's not really a fair comparison to duran.

Actually 'arguably' means very close fight and he has struggled his whole career with slick boxers, so you claiming nothing about Hearns has proven an issue is laughable. Most people had him losing the fight to a shot Kovalev who had nothing but a weak jab all night. Even if we are being generous it was a close fight, and you are talking about Hearns?

And Hearns was a far slicker boxer puncher than GGG. I'm not underrating Canelo, I watched his last fight, he looked mediocre against a shot fighter and stopping him when he ran out of gas doesn't change that. What exactly would he have for Hearns? He is a low activity flat footed counter puncher. He would be target practice.
canelo is the king or overrated... his first fight with ggg was flat out pathetic, and the kovalev match wasn't much better.

This is a good post.

Hearna had many strengths, he showed his versatile skills against SRL twice. He chose often not to fight his best fight, and had trouble when people could withstand his best because his chin was the kind that could get him walked down. I never understood why a guy who could outbox SRL and Benitez was the same guy who decided to trade fire with Hagler, but obviously Hearns made tactical mistakes time to time, always struck me as a kill or be killed type of fighter, and Canelo has grown into a much more cerebral fighter than people want to admit.

Back