How would prime Matt Hughes fare against the current WW top 5?

It's hard to compare this to USADA era fighters

4b2917e8edc86b7a574d946c7142268211.jpg

That's all from the farm.

Because Alves had just recently picked apart Koscheck while countering and shrugging off his takedown attempts. Koscheck, a 4 time all american and once a national champion. Fact is, GSP had the best takedowns in the sport, and it was because of his focus and mentality in his approach to his training and execution. He wasn't the same after his ACL surgeries.
Lol Usman, Colby and even Maia would've wrestlefucked Alves. The game has evolved. Kos was never an elite MMA wrestler

Lol Usman, Colby and even Maia would've wrestlefucked Alves. The game has evolved. Kos was never an elite MMA wrestler

Koscheck was never an elite MMA wrestler? I'm sorry, I only discuss MMA here with people who actually watch and comprehend the sport. Have a good day.

Lols at georges running through the div and hughes losing to all of them. There was not much between them. Prime hughes was a monster.

dude is overrated as fuck to small for the division got away with it back then b/c the sport was new hes 5'9 he would lose to all of them even in his prime 55ers now would give him trouble as shown when bj beat him

gsp is goat would treat all of them like children
Yet Matt did defeat GSP in their first meeting. Interesting!

I think if we were able to have Matt in his prime in current day we wouldn't see the same fighter we did 15 years ago but a significantly better version.

0-20 against top 50

Thiago alves was an absoloute monster. GSP wasnt some unbeatable GOAT at the time either and many peoppe picked alves to win.

No they didn’t...GSP was like a -350 favorite. What happened is what everyone expected to happen.

Hughes KOed Punkass on that Tapout show, so he has that going for him.

Better than what Franklin would do at MW

Hughes would take masvidal's soul

Usman would wrestlefuck him

Woodley hard to tell.

Colby would probably wrestlefuck him

Edwards would probably wrestlefuck him

I thought aging K-1 Hughes was actually getting the better of Kos when they fought, but he was too old and was going down as soon as he ate a punch...
Prime Hughes could probably beat Kos.

At the same time, I think Kos was incredibly overrated. Got destroyed by Alves and Paulo Thiago.

Back