How would prime Matt Hughes fare against the current WW top 5?

Heres me thinking it was the steroids

GSP had visible man boobies in his late 20s...only USADA era fight was cherry-picked ahgainst a career gatekeeper.

Make of it what you will.

It's hard to compare this to USADA era fighters

4b2917e8edc86b7a574d946c7142268211.jpg

I hate Matt Hughes always have always will. But he did exactly what GSP did. Not some mastermind but very strong.

He'd win a lot of fights at the least. You people are delusional. The sport has not changed that much.

As long as you can run someone into a fucking stupid cage it dumbs down the sport. Strong guys like Hughes can just hold position and land elbows.

Prime Hughes gets beat by the entire top 10. The game has evolved past one dimensional Hughes

It would probably come down to which fighter messes up first.

He would do better than most think. Wrestling hasn’t evolved so much that his wrestling would get dominated by “today’s” wrestling. I’d rank him close to 5. I think he could take Usman, Masvidal and Woodly. And I like the GSP would smoke them all, but Hughes would get beat down! Huges did actually make GSP quit once upon a time.

I mean your last half of your last sentence is irrelevant but otherwise yeah.

American mma is very conducive to wrestlers. even if youre hurt just run someone into a fence and takedown.

GSP loses to Usman, T Wood, WB, Gastelum, and Lawler.
He quit at the right time then cherey-picked Bisping.
Either this bait sounded a lot better in your head or you have a grave mental deficiency, in which case my condolences.

Usman, Woodley and Colby are the only ones I wouldnt favour him to beat. The "evolution" shit is overstated. Hughes is a great in any era.

Hughes could beat Mas, wonderboy, loses to everyone else.

GSP got his ass kicked by Hendricks, he would have big trouble vs Woodley and Usman. I'd favor both over a prime gsp.

Gsp destroys Colby, till, wonderboy, and Mas.

Thiago alves was an absoloute monster. GSP wasnt some unbeatable GOAT at the time either and many peoppe picked alves to win.

Because Alves had just recently picked apart Koscheck while countering and shrugging off his takedown attempts. Koscheck, a 4 time all american and once a national champion. Fact is, GSP had the best takedowns in the sport, and it was because of his focus and mentality in his approach to his training and execution. He wasn't the same after his ACL surgeries.

Back