How would prime Matt Hughes fare against the current WW top 5?

Ps- you shouldn’t ‘like’ posts that try to claim a dictionary is wrong and they are correct. Makes you look bad. Go check the thread as he’s proven wrong by myself and another poster.
Yes keep double quoting me and telling me about obsessions

Yes keep double quoting me and telling me about obsessions
Gray you’re amusing. You post speculation as fact, I’ll call you on it.
You tag me to someone else, I respond. And I just happened to notice you were the one person to like a post from a guy who seems to think he can create his own definitions of words. Couldn’t help myself. No hard feelings.

Gray you’re amusing. You post speculation as fact, I’ll call you on it.
You tag me to someone else, I respond. And I just happened to notice you were the one person to like a post from a guy who seems to think he can create his own definitions of words. Couldn’t help myself. No hard feelings.
Never hard feelings, it’s the internet bro

BTW, you’ve managed to post in my thread
multiple times without responding how you think Hughes would do vs the current top 5 I listed. Let’s see some fight analysis out of you.

Never hard feelings, it’s the internet bro

BTW, you’ve managed to post in my thread
multiple times without responding how you think Hughes would do vs the current top 5 I listed. Let’s see some fight analysis out of you.
I believe he loses to Woodley and Colby. Honestly haven’t watched enough of Mas and Edwards to tell you. Guess I should do my homework. Watched a lot of Hughes back in the day.

Ps- you shouldn’t ‘like’ posts that try to claim a dictionary is wrong and they are correct. Makes you look bad. Go check the thread as he’s proven wrong by myself and another poster.

Lol!

You are quite the troll, kidd-o.

Yeah that “only 32 year old” who had blown out both acl’s and still was stronger in the 5th round. The 32 year old who won.
Not a fan of the dude but holy shit...Did he really have two blown ACLs in that fight? That’s impressive he still won

Not a fan of the dude but holy shit...Did he really have two blown ACLs in that fight? That’s impressive he still won
I’m sorry man, I probably worded that wrong. No, prior to Hendricks he’d blown both of his ACL’s & had them surgically repaired. He hasn’t been the same fighter since. Used to have probably the most explosive takedowns in mma history. Lost a lot of that after the surgeries. So he wasn’t what I’d call a prime GSP.

I don’t really want to debate it anymore bud. I’m not a fan really. But I don’t think it would be that close with anyone on current roster vs late 2007 to 2011 GSP. That’s my opinion. Woodley has a shot, but I have a lot of trouble seeing anyone else put up a fight.

Wonderboy, Edwards, Till, Usman and Woodley would give him hard fights

Wonderboy, Edwards, Till, Usman and Woodley would give him hard fights
Maybe, but my experience in hoping every time he fought that one of the “new breed” opponents he was fighting would finally beat him and end the snooze fest makes it hard for me to picture it. I have an even harder time believing that 5 guys in the roster at any time can give the best WW ever a hard fight. I give Woodley a chance of doing a Serra, which was not a fluke. It’s just my opinion. I don’t want to defend a guy anymore that I don’t really respect for a number of reasons.

Wrestling, boxing, etc, have been around for a 1000 years. I do not know why people keep saying MMA has massively changed in 10 years. Hughes wrestling and power would still give all those guys problems. I dunno who would win.
GrimDeadlyGroundhog-size_restricted.gif
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

He'd crush them, absolutely stratches Usman, KOs Colby, KOs Woodman, subs Jorge.

Hughes dominates them all 50-40 and decided whether or not he wants to finish the fight.
Did not notice these because it turned to a GSP thread. I am not even sure what any of them have done that is all that impressive. They’re just a newer younger bunch.

Hughes was an absolute monster to deal with. Wrestling, boxing, heart, and good enough BJj to submit black belts.

Wrestling, boxing, etc, have been around for a 1000 years. I do not know why people keep saying MMA has massively changed in 10 years. Hughes wrestling and power would still give all those guys problems. I dunno who would win.
GrimDeadlyGroundhog-size_restricted.gif
Hiromitsu would still kiss ass.

Nuff´Said.

Usman: 50-43 or possibly TKO win for Usman

Woodley: KO win for Woodley inside two rounds

Colby: 50-45 win for Colby

Masvidal: 50/50, all comes down to if Matt has the cardio to wrestle for 5 rounds. Mas would sleep him once they stood for a few minutes

Edwards: 50-45/49-46 win for Edwards. Better cardio, striking, and larger

What do you guys think? The game and division has evolved a lot since Matt’s best days
Y’all forgetting how good Hughes was. Wow.

GSP had visible man boobies in his late 20s...only USADA era fight was cherry-picked ahgainst a career gatekeeper.

Make of it what you will.
No athlete in the sport was ever a bigger advocate of strict drug testing than GSP, and GSP even paid for additional VADA testing vs Hendricks that Hendricks refused.

Make of it what you will

No athlete in the sport was ever a bigger advocate of strict drug testing than GSP, and GSP even paid for additional VADA testing vs Hendricks that Hendricks refused.

Make of it what you will

Perhaps a case of thou doth protest too much?

Back