How would Prime Anderson Silva do against the current UFC MW division?

How would Prime Anderson Silva do against the current UFC MW division?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude in his prime was a sight to behold. He's probably the greatest striker ever to be seen in MMA.

How do you think prime Anderson Silva would do in today's MW landscape?

as02.jpg

Somewhere between top 5-10, he became exposed once he started facing the talented middleweight strikers of today. Inb4age, jan is champ at 39, silva has no excuses after enjoying a career juiced up and without suffering concussion ko's before getting embarrassed by weidman.

Somewhere between top 5-10, he became exposed once he started facing the talented middleweight strikers of today. Inb4age, jan is champ at 39, silva has no excuses after enjoying a career juiced up and without suffering concussion ko's before getting embarrassed by weidman.
Vitor is better than any striker at MW apart from Izzy

No proof he was on roids his whole career. He was past his prime against weidman and is the best striker in mma history. he'd achieve the same success he achieved in his day

No proof he was on roids his whole career. He was past his prime against weidman and is the best striker in mma history. he'd achieve the same success he achieved in his day
How is he the best striker in mma history? His best win is against hendo mchaymaker.

How is he the best striker in mma history? His best win is against hendo mchaymaker.
He beat Vitor and Forest too (with ease) and if u watch him, u will know that his timing and movement was better than anyone else's and his ko power was incredible. Don't give me the "the sport has evolved" bs. If he could give izzy trouble at the age of forty-something, he would smash him in his prime

I mean in the testing pool he would be top 5/10, he was great to watch, but he was in the ped era, plus he got popped multiple times and 90% of his record was against BJJ guys and Leben style brawlers, great fighter but he wouldnt be champion.

Vitor, a journeyman who fought back when ufc had no rules or gloves {<jordan}

He also fought in all other eras of mma and only lost to killers.
Anderson didn't face TRT Vitor

Vitor Belfort's footwork solely consists of entering (and exiting) range in straight lines.
Vitor himself admitted that he was on trt in that fight so ur wrong.

I think prime Anderson could be champ in today's MW division, but I also think Yoel Romero is a really bad matchup for him.

Vitor himself admitted that he was on trt in that fight so ur wrong.
I guess he only was on a fraction of the amount he was on when he was TRT Vitor then, because he clearly wasn't that red glowing killer with delts on his delts and everyone can confirm that.

I guess he only was on a fraction of the amount he was on when he was TRT Vitor then, because he clearly wasn't that red glowing killer with delts on his delts and everyone can confirm that.
He still was amazingly athletic and was at the peak of his skills

lol

People acting like middleweight isn't a low talent cesspool these days.

Guys like Vitor, Hendo and Chael would easily be top 10 these days. Hell, Franklin and Maia would probably be up there today.

Izzy had a competitive fight with the 42-year old ghost of Anderson Silva for fuck's sake.

He still was amazingly athletic and was at the peak of his skills
Not against Anderson, sorry.

A good win, but that wasn't Vitor at his peak.

Ask people on this forum and the vast majority will tell you the same thing as i did, i really am not bullshitting you.

lol

People acting like middleweight isn't a low talent cesspool these days.

Guys like Vitor, Hendo and Chael would easily be top 10 these days. Hell, Franklin and Maia would probably be up there today.

Izzy had a competitive fight with the 42-year old ghost of Anderson Silva for fuck's sake.
Non TRT Vitor is not much of a killer.

And lol @ Franklin and Maia (at their peak) being up there in today's middleweight division.

Nostalgia bias did a number on you, bro.

Back