How would people feel about these Sherdog changes...

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sherdog mods listen up, I wanna hear all Sherdog members opinions as well.

1. On event nights, to cut down on those multiple threads on the same topic, duplicate threads...for example "Yamasaki needs to go!" "Horrible stoppage Mario" "LATE STOPPAGE!" etc... INSTEAD why not have an open chat log we can go into and just chat about the event as its happening?

2. Is there an option to block an obnoxious useless member? I never checked but if not WE NEED ONE.

3. I hate trolls. I think we all do, unless you are one. We need to bring back YELLOW CARDS. 3 strikes and you gone! I think we all have those obnoxious members that come in your thread (Im sure I will have a few here) that dont participate but rather break down your threads on purpose, criticism it and insult you try and tell you that your grammar is terrible lol smh..... Its the main reason Sherdog got kind of a bad reputation according to Mr Ariel Helwani himself said the trolling made him discontinue his use of the site.

Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas on changes that could improve Sherdog to make it once again a respectable MMA outlet and forum.

My improvement suggestions

1) Make the "likes" in the Worldwide forum and the UFC forum have different weights

1 worldwide forum like should be equivelent to 100 UFC forum likes. Because the original content in 1 message in the world wide is equivalent to 100 posts in the UFC forum.

2) If you have over 100 posts in the UFC forum over a 12 month period then you should be auto banned from the worldwide forum for 12 months unless

a) Those posts were made to defend Fedor

or

b) Those posts were about how well a fighter outside of the UFC will do in the UFC (Ie, " Ten reasons why Aleks E would rape everyone in the UFC")

3)Live chat during big events like Bellator and RIZIN. After the even is finished the live chat log is then turned into a giant thread in which we can continue to post.

4) Make calling someone a JMMA fan or Virgin in a derogative way a cardable offense.

whio gives a fuck if theres multiple threads on fight nights, its exciting time and everyone is excited and wants to be heard,
who cares about obnoxious posters, one persons obnoxious is anothers not obnoxious
trolls end up banneded leave it to the cops to handle it

also i hate change it fucks with my mental state

LOL, I feel similar when apple phone updates the IOS and makes all sorts of changes I don't want. I think live threads though along with cutting some duplicative shit may be good. I mean one can only have so many 'COnoR is GOaT!' or 'WHo WUD wN FedOR or Prime siLVA???!' type threads before it's just wading through garbage.

LOL, I feel similar when apple phone updates the IOS and makes all sorts of changes I don't want. I think live threads though along with cutting some duplicative shit may be good. I mean one can only have so many 'COnoR is GOaT!' or 'WHo WUD wN FedOR or Prime siLVA???!' type threads before it's just wading through garbage.
haha yeah i guess, it cant be as bad as when they changed the whole forum layout, i was hours away from committing myself to hospital

My improvement suggestions

1) Make the "likes" in the Worldwide forum and the UFC forum have different weights

1 worldwide forum like should be equivelent to 100 UFC forum likes. Because the original content in 1 message in the world wide is equivalent to 100 posts in the UFC forum.

2) If you have over 100 posts in the UFC forum over a 12 month period then you should be auto banned from the worldwide forum for 12 months unless

a) Those posts were made to defend Fedor

or

b) Those posts were about how well a fighter outside of the UFC will do in the UFC (Ie, " Ten reasons why Aleks E would rape everyone in the UFC")

3)Live chat during big events like Bellator and RIZIN. After the even is finished the live chat log is then turned into a giant thread in which we can continue to post.

4) Make calling someone a JMMA fan or Virgin in a derogative way a cardable offense.
What kinda of weed you smoke? Where can I get it?

whio gives a fuck if theres multiple threads on fight nights, its exciting time and everyone is excited and wants to be heard,
who cares about obnoxious posters, one persons obnoxious is anothers not obnoxious
trolls end up banneded leave it to the cops to handle it
I dont think mods do anything here anymore but delete threads

Back