How Would Patrício Freire Do In The UFC?

Definitely 145 champ.

Maybe 155 champ too.

He wouldn’t do well at lw. Too tiny. He’d do well at featherweight and I would even give him a good chance against Volk. I wouldn’t be surprised if Patricio wins that one. Max however, would be a different story.....Max would fuck him up. Other than Max and Volk, he’d beat most feathers. Imo he also should try bantam.

Pitbull is only 5'5 and he is not young. I think he will be top 10.

depends on who you ask.

He's either a complete bum who gets destroyed by everyone or he's the GOAT who would destroy everyone in the org from 135 to 170.

In reality he'd be a top 10 LW and a top 3 FW and possible champ at 145. Its about matchups. Would I pick him over Dustin at LW? No. Could he beat Max or Volk at FW? Yes. Think they are clearly the top 3 at 145.

I'd love to see him at 135 honestly but there is no need for that when you can win at FW/LW.

These threads are pointless though cause its not happening. He's happy in Bellator and has a contract. Seems like if he did come over it would be a few years late. He'd still probably be good and able to compete but it would be something where its like if only he came 3 years earlier.

Do wonder what he does though if he can beat AJ. There doesnt appear to be any big fights for him on the horizon at FW or LW in Bellator, guys he can defend against yeah but none that are gonna be as big as AJ fight will be or fights in UFC. Maybe he tries BW to be first 3 div champ.

He wouldn't be -900 favorite. You know that

But yes, no doubt I would put money on Pitbull vs Volk.

AJ McKee is a more difficult fight for him than Volk
Lol nicely played covering your bases should Pitbull lose to McKee, a quick pivot to well McKee's really the best FW on earth, just like Moose is the best MW right?

It sucks to not see him in the Ufc. He’s elite at fw. I’m not a fan of UFC’s monopoly style control of things even though it’s weakening but sometimes I feel like it’s what gets us to the best fights the fastest. If mma was like how boxing does it I feel things would look very different

You have your opinion and I have mine but here is a few FACTs.
Dustin went to a close, competitive decision with Hooker. Chandler KO'd him clean.

In one breath you state Patricio can't hang in the UFC LW division as if it is higher calibre and in the next breath refer to "Chandler finding decent success in a weakened LW division". So what is it? Highest Calibre or Weakened? Pitbull KO'd Chandler so Pitbull has KO power. Chandler KO'd Hooker dead so he has KO power. Not sure how that leads to Chandler having little to no chance vs the likes of McGregor, Tony, Gathje or Dustin. Two of those have one shot KO power and two are volume strikers.

Either of Chandler or Pitbull have a min punchers chance and both are a lot more skilled then a "Chris Leben" style punchers chance. Frankly Pitbull will be in Bellator for a long time as he re upped and makes more money dominating there then he would competing in the UFC FW division. I would love to see him there but its not happening.
You state one fact which has absolutely nothing to do with how Chandler matches up with anyone besides Hooker.
If anything one decent win in the UFC doesnt qualify you for an immediate titleshot.
As for the part with Pitbull and Chandler it is really not that hard to understand that i think Pitbull is too small for the UFCs LW division which i also believe to be quite a margin stronger (in terms of talent) than Bellators LW division. LW still being quite a strong division doesnt change the fact that it has severely weakened in the last 5 years with Khabib retiring, Tony declining etc.
In such a division I believe that Chandler (you know a different fighter than Pitbull and therefore to be judged different since this is not Bellator vs UFC) can find decent success. And with that i mean top 5 success. I think based on his resume or eye test he shouldnt fight for the title and even if he would win it, he would most likely lose it in his first defence against Dustin, Justin or Conor.

And yeah everybody with decent hand speed and power has a punchers chance, but usually fighting for a title should include little more than that. Especially when your Bellator run was not remotely as dominant than Chandler and Dana are trying to claim.

Back