How would Ngannou do in Pride?

Pride’s best striker (CC) got outstruck by half of the opponents he fought in the UFC. Ngannou would have easily been the best striker in Pride.

You mean outcircled in big round octagon with no corners, and outwalled on wire fence wall?

Lol he'd probably gas then get subbed by Sakuraba let alone guys like fedor, nog ect.

Pride’s best striker (CC) got outstruck by half of the opponents he fought in the UFC. Ngannou would have easily been the best striker in Pride.

You're talking about a Cro Cop that was already fighting for 12 years when he arrived in the UFC and had over 60 professional fights. By the time Cro Cop lost to guys like Mir, Nelson and Schaub it was 2010/2011 and he was 15/16 years into his career. Furthermore, Cro Cop was not accustomed to fighting in a cage which is very different for a striker who's used to a ring. Those circumstances make a difference. Cro Cop in the early to mid 2000s was a very different fighter in Pride.

I don't doubt Francis could do well. But I don't think you can just use Cro Cop as a measuring stick so late in his career to determine that. As good as Francis is at KO'ing people, he still has flaws. He's looked great in his last three fights, but let's be honest.....all he's done is land a punch. The two fights prior when doesn't land that big shot he looks a bit lost. There were several guys in Pride that would give him problems.

Chances are, he'd probably be juiced in Pride. I think Roided Ngannou is unbeatable. Thoughts?
*Implying Ngannou isn't already juiced to the gills but okay.

He probably murks everyone.

You're talking about a Cro Cop that was already fighting for 12 years when he arrived in the UFC and had over 60 professional fights. By the time Cro Cop lost to guys like Mir, Nelson and Schaub it was 2010/2011 and he was 15/16 years into his career. Furthermore, Cro Cop was not accustomed to fighting in a cage which is very different for a striker who's used to a ring. Those circumstances make a difference. Cro Cop in the early to mid 2000s was a very different fighter in Pride.

I don't doubt Francis could do well. But I don't think you can just use Cro Cop as a measuring stick so late in his career to determine that. As good as Francis is at KO'ing people, he still has flaws. He's looked great in his last three fights, but let's be honest.....all he's done is land a punch. The two fights prior when doesn't land that big shot he looks a bit lost. There were several guys in Pride that would give him problems.

In terms of Gonzaga as well that fight had a grand total of two strikes standing, the second after he'd beaten Mirko up on the ground with elbows to the degree he claimed double vision. I don't see that match as very different from Randleman KOing Crocop, maybe with the added factor of the different environment and elbows but still a dangerous but flakey fighter had a perfect performance and got an upset KO.

Ngannou would have upset potential vs almost anyone of course but I suspect vs a prime Mirko he would be found out as like Lewis. He depends too much on countering sloppy opponents and Mirko wouldn't give him those openings, he'd happly stay at range and blast him with leg and body kicks.

Thoughs?
He might (you know, just MIGHT, TS, MIGHT)
Maybe
maybe he gets wrestled by those guys who have good wrestling
Maybe
Who knows
But if you are so sure that he is unbeatable on roids, go ahead and think that he is
Have no doubt
Let there be no "maybe" and no "might" in your vocabulary

The irony is that TS didn't use those words at all while you used them a dozen times, rendering your shit of a post unreadable.

Ngannou would have to adapt to the 10 min rounds. So he'll have to work hard on his cardio if he fought in Pride.

He'd be top 15-20. No shame in that though, Pride FC HW was the pinnacle of MMA.

Either get Zulu’d or knock them all out and prove MMA has evolved a bit in the skills progression department since Prides best years.

Hed get subbed by Fedor, Big Nog, Herring and Barnetto...hed get wrestle fuqqed by Coleman and Randleman...hed get KOd by Mirko, Sergei, Semmy and Hunto.

Other than that, hed do well...probably beat Big Daddy and Don Frye.
Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Holy shit! You sir really are so wrong it’s not even funny
It’s sad really
You lost the best era ever and don’t even know it
One word for you- nostalgia. The grass was greener, sky was more blue and the girls were prettier. I’ve seen most of his fights. Not impressed. He couldn’t even compete with the best HW and LHW now. Stipe, DC, Jones and Francis would beat him soundly

There's nobody that was in PRIDE that I would bet on to beat him roids or not. Not saying he couldn't lose, but all the fighters that had the wrestling or size to take him down consistently and wear him out the way Stipe did would get blasted on the feat. I just don't see guys like Barnett or Coleman not getting lit up like they did against Cro Cop

His toughest match ups would be Fedor and Big Nog IMO, but I would still bet on him to beat either of them the majority of the time. I think he decapitates any version of Cro Cop.

I suppose he could send Fedor to a universe where a 34 year old athlete is in his prime .... that's one of the weirdest statements I've read, even by Sherdog standards.

Having said that, I've no idea what would happen if say 28 year old Fedor fought whatever age Ngannou you want, other than if someone gave me a time machine to test it I could think of a lot more interesting things to do that waste it on that.

Ngannou turns 34 this year, you think he is done? Anderson Silva was 34 when he entered the Matrix against Forest Griffin. Tony Ferguson will finally get his TS at 36. DC became HW champ at 39.

Deontay Wilder is 34.

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are all in their mid 30’s and still the best 3 players in the world.

There are so many athletes successfully competing at 34 and over that it makes your point invalid. And how come Fedor fall so fast and so hard? From being the GOAT to losing 3 in a row to guys no one considers even the best HW in the world?

Thoughs?

maybe he gets wrestled by those guys who have good wrestling

Which great Pride "wrestlers" are you talking about? Mark Coleman, who was already past 40 when he fought Fedor/Cro-Cop and who left the UFC years earlier on a 3-loss streak? Tom Erickson who was even older? LHW Kevin Randleman who lost as many fights as won?

Ngannou wrecks all three, especially in an org where he can use any PED he wants.

Crocop.

Have you even seen the type of people Crocop fought ?

Kevin Randleman, Gonzaga, etc. Yes, he fought some grapplers with low-level striking that could hit or kick hard.

Adesanya has had 104 pro fights in the last 10 years. Dude should retire right?

Back