How would Ngannou do in Pride?

Yes but you cant peak unless you're in your prime. Fedors prime years were 2003-2006. After that it was clear he was slowing down. Looked bad against Hunt by late 2006 and bad against Lindland and Choi in 2007. Then lost for the first time in Combat Sambo in 2008 and looked amazing against Syliva in 2008 and struggled with and KOd Arlovski and Rogers in 2009, then lost to Werdum in 2010 and lost his next two. Its safe to say that he was at his best from 2003-2006 so losses that happened after 2010 shouldnt be held against him. Anyone trying to define Fedors skills/career by losses that happened in 2010+ is a blind hater or a troll.
This sounds like bogus. Which MMA fighter has his prime only last a couple of years and then exit it while in athletic prime with no apparent injuries.

What's obvious though is that barely a decade old sport was moving forward with the speed of light and Fedor was left behind. He was still the same fighter in 2013 he was in 2003 - he didn't evolve.

Yes but you cant peak if youre not in your prime unless youre guzzling steroids. Fedors prime years were 2003-2006. After that it was clear he was slowing down. Looked bad against Hunt by late 2006 and bad against Lindland and Choi in 2007. Then lost for the first time in Combat Sambo in 2008 and looked amazing against Syliva in 2008 (flash of brilliance, legends have those) and struggled with and KOd Arlovski and Rogers in 2009, then lost to Werdum in 2010 and lost his next two. Its safe to say that he was at his best from 2003-2006 so losses that happened after 2010 shouldnt be held against him. Anyone trying to define Fedors skills/career by losses that happened in 2010+ is a blind hater or a troll.
Or maybe it says more about his opponents and not him? It’s not that hard to look like a super Saiyan fighting Japanese cans

Longevity is also a criteria when discussing greatness

That's why GSP and Jones are above him imo

Yes and getting caught with steroids 3x is also a criteria.

GSP had a great career but he lost in his prime via tapping to strikes against LW journeyman Matt Serra. Not to mention the weight GSP cut to avoid fighting bigger guys.

Fedor never got touched in his prime. Not even knocked down. Never cut weight and fought way more dangerous people while being at a size disadvantage and still never lost in his prime.

GSP bows to Fedor. Fedor doesnt bow to GSP.

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif

Yes and getting caught with steroids 3x is also a criteria.

GSP had a great career but he lost in his prime via tapping to strikes against LW journeyman Matt Serra. Not to mention the weight GSP cut to avoid fighting bigger guys.

Fedor never got touched in his prime. Not even knocked down. Never cut weight and fought way more dangerous people while being at a size disadvantage and still never lost in his prime.

GSP bows to Fedor. Fedor doesnt bow to GSP.

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif
With the steroids you have a point

But do you also realise that Fedor was bigger than his two biggest rivals - Cro Cop and Fedor?

GSP did that as a show of respect, let's not get ridiculous here. I'm sure Fedor bowed to guys like Igor, doesn't mean they're greater.

The ring would help him against wrestlers, as would restarts. I don't think he is much of a cage walking guy.
Steroids would help his gas tank but he wouldn't want to get any bigger.
He also wouldn't need to cut to 265 so could sit at his most comfortable weight without fear of needing to cut.
10min first round would be a major problem if he got wrestle fucked early.
I'd say he'd do pretty good

So every loss outside the one year of someone's prime doesn't count

Got it
No.. in 2010-2011, Fedor was nowhere near “shot,” but he wasn’t in his prime. His grappling was already declining, his striking was becoming more one-dimensional, he couldn’t mix strikes and takedowns the way he did before. Saying he was in his prime then isn’t really accurate.

With the steroids you have a point

But do you also realise that Fedor was bigger than his two biggest rivals - Cro Cop and Fedor?

GSP did that as a show of respect, let's not get ridiculous here. I'm sure Fedor bowed to guys like Igor, doesn't mean they're greater.

I hespect GSP but he cut weight, played it safe and put on boring fights, and fought less dangerous guys. Not to mention he got submited by a wrestler Matt Hughes and knocked out and tapped to strikes to journeyman LW can Matt Serra while he was in his prime. Those are my reasons for having GSP below Fedor but still ahead of steroid cheat Jones.

Anti-Fedor trolls are just the worst.

Cro Cop, Nog, AA, Sylvia etc are not "Japanese cans".

If you lose 3 fights in a row a decade into your career after being undefeated for 30+, and two of the guys that beat you were in the same org previously but nowhere near as successful and had losses to people you'd beaten...you're probably not in your prime anymore.

Fedors downfall was not him failing to "evolve" as hes still arguably the most well rounded HW ever. At the same time he picked up his first loss, Brock, a big strong one dimensional wrestler, was the UFC champion. Ngannou is pretty one dimensional too. Derrick Lewis got a title shot not all that long ago and he is about as crude as it gets.

Fedor fought and beat some of the best HWs ever while they were in their prime and crushed some cans in between because that was how it was during those times. He fought 23 fights from 2000-2004 and won 18 straight fights after winning the undisputed world HW championship and beat Nog,Mirko, AA, Sylvia, Hunt, Coleman, Randleman and Rogers in that span who were all in the top 5 or top 10 when those fights happened. Its easy to dismiss events when you were still a little bitch in 3rd grade when it happened. That doesnt make them insignificant it just makes you a lil bitch lol

Name calling just proves you’re getting frustrated and can’t prove an argument. All of the fighters you mentioned have at least 10 loses on their record, so beating them isn’t that special at all. And he didn’t even look dominant in many of those fights. He lost to Werdum because he underestimated Werdums ground game, he lost to Hendo because of his wide looping punches and lost to Silva because he was undersized. Nothing to do with him being out of his prime. Same old Fedor, but better competition

Zulued
By
Phedro.

Randeplexed
By
Kevin

Crocoped
By
Crocop

Silvaed
By
Giant Silva

I don't think that well personally, a lot of more technical strikers in pride(Fedor, Crocop, Semmy, Nog, Sergei, Aleks, Hunt) who would not get sloppy and give him easy counter openings plus a lot of guys in their prime with excellent cardio.

Prime Fedor lost to Werdum, Big Foot and Hendo. Deal with it! He is not the best and Ngannou would send him to another dimension. Fedor was an out of shape MW, who would have been wrecked by today’s top HW

I suppose he could send Fedor to a universe where a 34 year old athlete is in his prime .... that's one of the weirdest statements I've read, even by Sherdog standards.

Having said that, I've no idea what would happen if say 28 year old Fedor fought whatever age Ngannou you want, other than if someone gave me a time machine to test it I could think of a lot more interesting things to do that waste it on that.

Prime Fedor lost to Werdum, Big Foot and Hendo. Deal with it! He is not the best and Ngannou would send him to another dimension. Fedor was an out of shape MW, who would have been wrecked by today’s top HW
Holy shit! You sir really are so wrong it’s not even funny
It’s sad really
You lost the best era ever and don’t even know it

Hed get subbed by Fedor, Big Nog, Herring and Barnetto...hed get wrestle fuqqed by Coleman and Randleman...hed get KOd by Mirko, Sergei, Semmy and Hunto.

Other than that, hed do well...probably beat Big Daddy and Don Frye.

Very good chance of being champ. How dominant of one is hard to say.

Pride’s best striker (CC) got outstruck by half of the opponents he fought in the UFC. Ngannou would have easily been the best striker in Pride.

Thoughts? He'd lose to the best guys and knock out the rest.

Back