How would Ngannou do in Pride?

He would be a destroyer, especially assuming he roided up like crazy, but I think guys like Fedor have the skillset to exploit his gas tank and beat him.

He would lose to prime Fedor, Big Nog and Mirko for sure, others might beat him also

Ngannou is fighting in a pretty weak division now, so it is a bit hard to compare.. I think he would struggle vs the big, strong Wrestlers and the bigger, stronger strikers. I think he does pretty good. Top 10-15 for sure.

the roids made everyone look good over there. i'm sure he'd have done fine.

He would have been horrible. Young Barnett and Nog would have grapple fucked him into permanent ptsd. Then every fight after that would have looked like Francis vs Lewis.

If we're talking about Francis right now and not from a couple years ago, I think he beats the dogshit out of everyone if he's in shape and on the juice.

If he's not getting subbed by modern fighters, he's not getting subbed by dudes like Big Nog or Fedor. As mediocre as his submission game may seem, he's not fucking Mark (can't defend an Armbar) Colman. He definitely out-strikes anyone in PRIDE. I could see someone wrestlef-ucking him to a decision like Stipe did, but I just can't think of anyone in Pride that could do it. I don't think anyone could beat him the same way Stipe did right now (including Stipe). No fucking way does Fedor put him on his back and keep him there. The only reason he ever did it to big Nog was because it was in the era when BJJ guys were still holding guard instead of relentlessly trying to stand up.

How fast would a roided Ngannou gas?

If we're talking about Francis right now and not from a couple years ago, I think he beats the dogshit out of everyone if he's in shape and on the juice.

If he's not getting subbed by modern fighters, he's not getting subbed by dudes like Big Nog or Fedor. As mediocre as his submission game may seem, he's not fucking Mark (can't defend an Armbar) Colman. He definitely out-strikes anyone in PRIDE. I could see someone wrestlef-ucking him to a decision like Stipe did, but I just can't think of anyone in Pride that could do it. I don't think anyone could beat him the same way Stipe did right now (including Stipe). No fucking way does Fedor put him on his back and keep him there. The only reason he ever did it to big Nog was because it was in the era when BJJ guys were still holding guard instead of relentlessly trying to stand up.
I don't think a pure wrestler will do well against Ngannou unless he's a genuinely elite wrestler like DC and can take him down at will. Stipe tried to go for a takedown right away and got stuffed iirc, he beat him by using his standup to throw Ngannou off and have success on the feat before taking him down. Fedor might be able to employ a similar gameplan, since he's well rounded like Stipe, but he's a lot smaller then Stipe and especially Ngannou, so it would be super dangerous to trade with him at the beginning, any single punch from Ngannou could potentially rock him.

fake_weighins_1.00_00_42_20.Still001.0.0.jpg

Emelianenko-Arlovski-Affliction2-w-750.jpg

Big Nog, Fedor, Barnett beats him with their grappling. But he KOs everyone else.

Ngannou who cannot wrestle and gasses after rd 1? Lol... the 1st rd in Pride is 10 mins, there is a ring instead of the octogon which allows the opponent more room to avoid his bull rush... yeah. Ngannou isn’t beating Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop, Barnett, Sergei, or Alexs in Pride. He might be the last 3 in the UFC but that is debatable at best. Offensive punching power is great but after that nothing stands out at all, matter of fact most other attributes are average at best.

Ngannou is competitive with anyone from the Pride HW Golden Era.

I don't think he beats them all but those fights could go either way.

Only the Pride fanboys stuck in 2005 will try and convince you otherwise.

The round lengths would be more difficult for Francis though.

Ngannou is fighting in a pretty weak division now, so it is a bit hard to compare.. I think he would struggle vs the big, strong Wrestlers and the bigger, stronger strikers. I think he does pretty good. Top 10-15 for sure.

Definately more grappling ability around then but I think also better defencivce striking.

MMA HW MMA has shifted very heavily towards slugfests, older slower guys throwing down until someone falls but back then you have guys like Fedor, Nog, Sergei, Crocop, etc who were much more able to avoid punishment standing and wouldn't be so vulnerable to his bullrushes.

Ngannou would probably still get some early KO's back then as well but I think he'd also either be facing people who could take him down and finish him or steer clear of his power for the first few mins until he gassed.

He'd do great I think. Back in the day, fighters weren't that technical. It was based on animal strength and heart

He’d be a contender, but he’d hit a roadblock at Nog back when he had an iron chin.

be really interesting to see how’d he match up with prime Hunto or Cro Cop.

Back