How would modern UFC fighters fare against prime Igor Vovchanchyn in a no rules vale tudo fight?

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
Let's say you could put a modern fighter in a time machine and have him fight Igor in one of those crazy underground old school vale tudo tournaments.

While MMA has obviously improved in terms of technique since the 90s, I still think that in a "real fight" the no rules format would likely give Igor a decent chance against many of the top guys in the UFC around his weight. He was really crafty with some of the moves that weren't even allowed under Pride rules like headbutts. And he had bare knuckle fighting experience.

Remember that there would be no camp for a specific opponents, no gameplan, absolutely no rules, it would be a bare knuckle fight with no rounds. Basically just lock the cage and let them bang, like in a real streetfight.

I think Igor beats Bisping and shatters Rockhold's pathetic chin. Maybe loses to elite wrestlers like DC and Romero if they take him down and headbutt him and knee him. Vs Rumble it would be a kill or be killed kind of fight.

Last edited:
Igor bare knuckle?

Death everywhere.

Dudes hands could probably break coconuts.

The one who dares to gouge his opponent's eyes wins.

How would modern UFC fighters fare against prime Genghis Kahn in the Mongol Empire?

Ice cold would be straight up killing guys in there lol.

Same. He was one of the few well rounded guys too so I don't think there would be a huge skill discrepency despite how much time has passed.

Modern guys would mop the floor with him, so would the guys from the previous era.

I didn't even mention Jon Jones because he was afraid to fight Sonnen on two weeks notice. He would be absolutely petrified to step in the cage with Igor with no gameplan. He never fought anyone like Igor.

Igor Vovchanchyn in a no time limit, no gloves environment would beat most everybody. No heavyweight has ever had Igor's cardio, that alone would break most people, but beyond that, he's just a savage. He came up in that environment, unless you are there, you don't have a real frame of reference

Jones via eye gouge.

I don't know I got mixed feelings.. I feel he should have been in a lower class.. I know he is thick, solid etc.. but he could be more fit and with his height and reach would be better suited for LHW or even MW (or I'm going to low now ?)

On topic.. you really think Brock Lesnar wouldn't have his way with him ? okay he has a few seconds to land something but low chances.. he will get taken down and GnP to a stop.

Or Cain, or JDS or the present champ Stipe he will box him him.. longer rangy taller fighter with good boxing skills he will get the win.

Last edited:
I don't know I got mixed feelings.. I feel he should have been in a lower class.. I know he is thick, solid etc.. but he could be more fit and with his height and reach would be better suited for LHW or even MW (or I'm going to low now ?)

On topic.. you really think Brock Lesnar wouldn't have his way with him ? okay he has a few second to land something but low chances.. he will get takedown down and GnP to a stop.

Or Cain, or JDS or the present champ Stipe he will box him him.. longer rangy taller fighter with good boxing skills he will get the win.

Igor went to LHW when it was too late. He was young, i think he was only 30, 31, but it was the end of his career when he dropped down. If he was at 205 the entire time, it would have been insane.

Didn't prime Vovchanchyn get taken down and kneed in the face repeatedly by Coleman and even taken down by an undersized Sakuraba that same night?

I would say any modern heavyweight with a solid wrestling pedigree should have an advantage over him. But Vovchanchyn against other strikers would have a great chance, even with the size advantage.

It would be bare knuckle and no time limit. Strikers who're not used to fighting like that could have cardio issues or break their hands.

Back