How would Lucia Rijker fair in the UFC.

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
some consider this woman the GOAT of the women's combat sports.
Other's prefer Regina Halmich as a boxer, but I think since the former was also a kickboxer first might give us a bit clearer picture, and she made the transition pretty easily.

thoughts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucia_Rijker

Laila+Ali+with+belts.jpg

She would do great she would just have to work a lot on her grappling.

Other's prefer Regina Halmich as a boxer, but I think since the former was also a kickboxer first might give us a bit clearer picture, and she made the transition pretty easily.

thoughts?

Laila+Ali+with+belts.jpg

I never noticed how much Lucia Rijker looks like Laila Ali... interesting.

Well how good did that russian chick Valentina do vs Carmoushe?? Or how good did Jorina Baars do??

MMA is different than just boxing or kickboxing

The refs dont save them in the clinch

47 years old, hasn't fought in 10 years. Couldn't do worse than Fedor, right?

thoughts?

Laila+Ali+with+belts.jpg

If she had 3-4 years to work on her grappling she would do better than anyone in WMMA at the moment.

Too bad that is not a picture of Lucia in the OP. :( Its too late for Lucia now, but 10 years ago she would have been what Joanna Jedrezjczyk is now.

Well how good did that russian chick Valentina do vs Carmoushe?? Or how good did Jorina Baars do??

MMA is different than just boxing or kickboxing

The refs dont save them in the clinch

Valentina controlled every aspect of that fight in the 1st round and only round where fighting occurred. She controlled the striking, and the grappling, she had two take downs, and was in dominant position the whole time they were on the ground. She had several submission attempts and did some gnp. To Liz's credit she was able to defend. Near the end of the round Valentina had dropped her and Liz was on her back. Valentina took her leg to ankle lock her and Liz kicked her as Valentina went to apply it. There is some controversy on whether that kick was legal or illegal. That kick caused a cut on Valentina's right side of her head.

The doctor and state came to look at it between rounds and asked Valentina if she wanted to continue. She said yes, yes, yes. The doctor however decided to stop the fight just as the second round was about to start. Hence the TKO retirement. I think seeing women in a bloody fight wasn't something they were ready for yet.

Valentina was stronger than Carmouche in all areas.

Valentina has trained Sambo and other grappling arts since she was 5 years old. Just because she is elite striker does not negate that background. Your comment on the clinch. Valentina has one of the most dominate clinch games in the world.

Last edited:
In her prime with a decent sprawl? Champion material.

thoughts?

Laila+Ali+with+belts.jpg

I remember when Ali was shook and didnt want no part of Rijker. She once said I'll fight Rijker when she takes a test that proves she's not a man 😳

Valentina controlled every aspect of that fight in the 1st round and only round where fighting occurred. She controlled the striking, and the grappling, she had two take downs, and was in dominant position the whole time they were on the ground. She had several submission attempts and did some gnp. To Liz's credit she was able to defend. Near the end of the round Valentina had dropped her and Liz was on her back. Valentina took her leg to ankle lock her and Liz kicked her as Valentina went to apply it. There is some controversy on whether that kick was legal or illegal. That kick caused a cut on Valentina's right side of her head.

The doctor and state came to look at it between rounds and asked Valentina if she wanted to continue. She said yes, yes, yes. The doctor however decided to stop the fight just as the second round was about to start. Hence the TKO retirement. I think seeing women in a bloody fight wasn't something they were ready for yet.

Valentina was stronger than Carmouche in all areas.

Valentina has trained Sambo and other grappling arts since she was 5 years old. Just because she is elite striker does not negate that background. Your comment on the clinch. Valentina has one of the most dominate clinch games in the world.

I've searched for that fight haven't found it. Why didnt Valentina get another fight?

Ive seen where she talks she was a striker for a long time as well as used some dancing. She says she had been doing grappling and sambo, but i didn't hear she did grappling when she was young.

Do u know why she had moved to South America when shes fron Russia?

She beat Jedi twice, wonder why she didnt cut weight to make SW?

Too bad that is not a picture of Lucia in the OP. :( Its too late for Lucia now, but 10 years ago she would have been what Joanna Jedrezjczyk is now.

100% agree, back in the day when Cyborg destroyed Gina I remember thinking at that time that Cyborg was the Lucia Rijker of wmma

This is the chick that actually fought a man right?

yeah...a no name Thai dude knocked her out and she's one of the best female strikers of all time.

meanwhile, Ronda is gonna bury Floyd M and all the 125ers in the UFC.

Back