How would Locche do against Pryor?

BrokenNose

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know he got KO'ed before, but I can't seem to find that fight anywhere. I've watched some of his fights, and I can't think of an effective strategy against him.

How would you approach the Hawk?

EDIT: Interesting thought came to mind; how would someone like Nicolino Locche go up against him? Having possibly the greatest defense that I have seen, up against one of the best offenses, I think it would be an interesting fight.

Last edited:
Give him some cocaine...take a step back and watch him ruin his life.

Give him some cocaine...take a step back and watch him ruin his life.

beat me to it..lol

Yeah.. that guy could do everything well.. you just have to outwill him, and that wasn't an easy task

Be tall, use the reach advantage, have a wonderful mustache, and keep Panama Lewis out of Pryor's corner.

Be tall, use the reach advantage, have a wonderful mustache, and keep Panama Lewis out of Pryor's corner.

That didn't help too much in the rematch where the black bottle was missing

Interesting thought came to mind; how would someone like Nicolino Locche go up against him?

I would probably just jab him into submission being 6'2 220.

I think you meet him with fire vs fire. He is quick and very good but I think you get inside and punch with him at all cost. Chavez style, body shots till he slows down and then trap him in the corner. I can't remember seeing him fight going backwards(circling Yes but backwards IDK), so force him to go backwards by cutting the ring off.

On the couch with Tommy Hearns if they put him in fight night 5.
Honestly I don't know if there is a plan out there to beat Pryor when he's right, you have to be the more physically gifted fighter I suppose, goodluck with that idea.

I think someone like Sweet Pea would match up well against Pryor. He'd have to be at his best to evade him and grind out a decision though.

Dujuan Johnson gave him all kinds of trouble.

Someone really strong who could make him move backwards and box would do good.

Someone like Roberto Duran.

Agressive counterpuncher like JMM would do well too.

Thanks for the insight everyone. I changed the focus of the thread to Locche vs Pryor for the time being.

I'll also go watch the Johnson v. Pryor fight.

Back