How would Kenny Florian fare in current FW division?

Florian would be ranked somewhere in top 10 but not top 5.

A LW and FW UFC tittle challenger, Kenny Florian was a cerebral fighter with good movement, nasty elbows and solid overall grappling ability. One of only two fighters in UFC history with fights in 4 different weightclasses.

We didnt get to see him much at FW, moved down late and retired soon after, but Kenny took the 1st round vs prime Jose Aldo going to a competitive 5rd decision that ended fairly even in strikes landed (50-41)

Florian also clowned Guida, finished a fading but still dangerous Gomi among other legit fighters as Lauzon, Stevenson, Din Thomas or Mishima.

> Would Kenny Florian be a top contender in current FW division?

Besides Volk and Max, who would box him up and neutralize his TD attempts imo, Florian would have a legit chance vs anybody in the division, including Brian Ortega in what would be a hell of a fight.

Not against Topuria though, that guy is the real deal and will save us from a boring champion in Alexander pretty soon.

Not well.

Kenny Florini would be on a skid quick and sent packing.

That fight really wasn't competitive. All he did was push Aldo into the cage and failed miserably. He tried the same with Penn, also failing miserably.

I was at the show and i shit you not the people next to me were legitimately surprised Aldo got the decision

I was at the show and i shit you not the people next to me were legitimately surprised Aldo got the decision

Even Cecil Peoples had it right: 49-46 Aldo.
But it definitely wasnt a walk in the park for Jose in his prime.

Back