how would igor vovchanchyn do today?

I love him. However, he would do about as well as Alexander Shlevenko in Bellator(may have butchered that last name).still..much respect intended to both

The only fight i would love see Igor do in UFC is Mark Hunt.

Igor is really short. Kerr seem like a giant but he was around 6'0 or 6'1

You see the question. Not much else to this thread.
How would a Russian HW with devastating KO power do in today's HW division. I'd say he would do pretty damn well if you asked me

He was quite pudgy. If he fought with that body in today's MMA climate, he would probably get destroyed because he'd be under-sized and out-muscled. If Igor cut a lot of weight like most fighters today and fought at 185, then he'd probably be a Top 15 fighter.

Jarl
he cut to LHW and looked in great shape but by then it was too late.

He would win UFC HW gold because lets be honest its not that hard.

He would do well at the county fair, but he'd get wrecked by modern day welter weights in the big leagues with the training he had.
Put him in a modern legit camp like AKA, and he's probably a top 10 middle weight.

He would do well at the county fair, but he'd get wrecked by modern day welter weights in the big leagues with the training he had.
Put him in a modern legit camp like AKA, and he's probably a top 10 middle weight.

I just can not see him fighting someone like Ngannou with that shape Igor had, it would look so terrible to watch.

He would be a gatekeeper at either HW or LHW

Igor would smash these hoes!!!

giphy.gif

Not good. But this applies to almost every fighter from that era. Igor is underrated af especially relative to Saku. Igor beats Saku the same night he beats Royce and Saku is remembered as Prides best fighter in that era(Prides worst era btw). I don't really know how tf that happened.

Hendo and Belfort are the only 90s fighters who were somewhat relative in the 2010s. They were unicorns. At HW the Fedor/Cro Cop gen stayed around for awhile/is still around but Igor was considerably earlier. He ran up his win streak mostly before Pride too and Pride was the 4th best promotion at Igor/Sakus peak.

Back