how would igor vovchanchyn do today?

Nearly 80% of his wins were by ko/tko. He could crack! Not many UFC HW fights are contested on the mat with grappling. Happened more often in Igor's era imo.

yeah but if they know ehs gonna try and ko them tis gonna make them much mor einclined to grapple

but yes hw is horrible the technique used at hw isnt even close legit guys at local amateur shows at 170 have the technique of ufc hws and womens mma as well thats why u can take a guy and get him to ufc within just 2 years of training

Too short to compete at HW but if he cut down to MW successfully then he could do some damage with his power

don't think we'll ever know for sure but this is igor compared to a 5'11 to 6' Fedor who's leaning over

fedor-igor.jpg
Dependin´ on Big Daddy´s reliability, he claims in this book 'The Gatekeeper' [p.116], that Igor was 5´9 220 lbs in their 2nd fight

Big Daddy igor.png

Last edited:
his best win was mark kerr ..... i dont think he would do great against the fighter that are fighting now .
If Derick Lewis is a top HW theres no evidence to suggest Igor couldnt do the same

If Igor was a modern day fighter he would cut down to 155. But Igor is not a weak mentallity fighter who cuts a ton of weight to get advantage and confidence, so Igor will fight at HW again and he will be top 10, cause today's HWs are worse than those in 2003.
I think he would be a lhw today. He looked to be in great shape as a lhw,but was already at the tail end of his career when he moved down and too many hand injuries,prob had 100 fights by then.

I think he would be a lhw today. He looked to be in great shape as a lhw,but was already at the tail end of his career when he moved down and too many hand injuries,prob had 100 fights by then.

Or HW as I said.

He would lose to wrestlers. Coleman systematically took him down, and while not everyone is Coleman, the talent pool has gotten thick enough where a wrestling deficit of Igor's degree would simply not be sustainable.

He would lose to wrestlers. Coleman systematically took him down, and while not everyone is Coleman, the talent pool has gotten thick enough where a wrestling deficit of Igor's degree would simply not be sustainable.
This.

Look at all these rookies dicrediting Igor...
Igor was a beast and would destroy most of these mediocre ufc hw's.

Interestin´... then how do ya explain the:
Vasily Kudin
Avetisyan
Nutter x 2
Kerr x 1.5
Bobish

...wins?

When he cut to middleweight and destroyed Takahashi, Igor was scary fast.

He lost to normal size Allistair in the tourney.

Look at all these rookies dicrediting Igor...
Igor was a beast and would destroy most of these mediocre ufc hw's.
Im not a rookie. Im just sayin dudes like curtis blaydez beat him

When he cut to middleweight and destroyed Takahashi, Igor was scary fast.

He lost to normal size Allistair in the tourney.
the height difference won that. Alistair at lhw was rackin up guillotine wins due to his height.

If Derick Lewis is a top HW theres no evidence to suggest Igor couldnt do the same

Good point, but he was very small. Black breast is huge thoe. I know mark kerr was a monster, but mark kerr had some huge mental problems

What rule set? Does he get to karate chop people to the back of the head then soccer kick them into oblivion? NHB Igor was the best Igor.

Back